Michael Vick wants a dog.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People need to understand their aqre consequences to their actions. that is a huge problem with our society people get so many chances that there seem to be no consequences. Fighting dogs is illegal...you break the law you get the consequence of no more dogs.... He should never get a dog again for that basic reason, he lost the privilage of it.

People need to understand their aqre consequences to their actions. that is a huge problem with our society people get so many chances that there seem to be no consequences. Fighting dogs is illegal...you break the law you get the consequence of no more dogs.... He should never get a dog again for that basic reason, he lost the privilage of it.

That's the bottom line.

If he was able to torture those dogs in front of people, imagine what he would do if his "pet" pooped on his fancy carpet or ate his chicken off of his plate. Nobody would ever know and it is not a risk worth taking.

If he was able to torture those dogs in front of people, imagine what he would do if his "pet" pooped on his fancy carpet or ate his chicken off of his plate. Nobody would ever know and it is not a risk worth taking.

Exactly. Once a dog is in his possession (behind locked gates and body guards on a multi-million dollar estate like most other athletes have, I'm sure) it's much harder to get the dog to safety if necessary, even with all eyes on him, since animals generally fall under property laws. We tell felons what they can and can't own (guns, cars, etc.) all the time; thankfully at least that will protect more animals from him for a while.

Anderson Cooper said it best.... "I'd feel better about staying at a hotel run by Norman Bates than giving Mike Vick a dog."

Just not betta ;) They tend to be aggressive.

Yeah. If he put two male bettas in the same tank, they would fight!!

That's the bottom line.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I actually lived in Newport News and was volunteering at the SPCA there during the time of the Vick raid. I saw with my own eyes the damage that was done to these dogs in the dog fighting rings in the area and the Vick case. I don't even need to tell you all how horrific and sad the situation was. You could see in their eyes just how frightened, confused, and abused they all were. And I consider myself to have a strong stomach, but some of they things I saw... well even I had to cover my eyes at some things.

I don't even understand how any compassionate human being could in their right mind hurt any living creature in that way. It was completely barbaric. And to do things like that without even a thought of remorse... I just don't understand. From the very beginning I never thought his sentence was harsh enough. To even think that he would consider owning another animal is just stupid. Like ash mentioned, it's like putting alcohol in front of an alcoholic. You are just enabling them. So imo, Vick should be far faaaaar away from a dog, or any animal really. And for what he did, his punishment should have been far faaaar worse...

one thing that no one has mentioned is that often times animal abuse will lead to domestic abuse. IMO, anyone who harms a being/creature lesser than themselves is a coward. he committed a crime and deserves a greater punishment. what will keep him from harming a spouse or a child? he obviously knows how to prey on the weak, so there is more at stake here than just "will he do it to another animal?". personally, i would never associate with anyone like this and i wont ever change my mind. "a person can change"...seriously? to anyone who has that much faith in a murderer, you need to learn to grow a tougher layer of skin and not show so much tolerance to a person who commits this heinous of a crime.

i knew a guy at school who would murder an animal every year in college (sort of like a tradition). not many people knew, but when i found out i had no problem giving the information to authorities. since the police could not find physical evidence, he was only punished by the school.

i agree with all the "bottom lines" in this post.

The fact that Vick teamed up with the humane society of the united states doesn't impress me. Considering the leader does not like pit bulls, and supports the banning of them and putting dogs from fighting raids to sleep, instead of rehabing them.

He was the leader in the 'Lets kill vicks dogs' compaign.

Many of the old time dog fighters loved their dogs. They respected them, they bred the dogs to be true to the breed with proper temperments and proper LOOK. Todays thug dog fighters don't give a **** about the dogs, all they care about is that it makes them look tough(Vick to a tee). I would purchase an apbt from an old time fighter that is still involved with the breed in a heart beat. I know the dogs would be healthy, of sound mind, and bred to the proper standards.

Vick is just an idiot and because the eagles are doing well everyone is screaming "lets forget". Well those dogs are not going to forget, and neither will I.

Last edited:
IMPO I would never get a APBT because of the gameness that they have in them. Yes I do own pit bulls But a different type of pit bulls, American Bullies is what they're called. Their thicker and they don't have that drive to go after other dogs. Game dogs are more dog aggressive.

Luce I'm not sure about the correlation of animal abuse and domestic abuse but I am positive the sociopathic behavior of animal abuse is a percursor to serial killers.

If you look at Jeffrey Dahmer, He started out by killing animals. He impaled the heads of animals he killed and put them on stakes in his front yard. He also liked to use acid to take the meat off of dead animals. And then it escalated to killing men. Those two are connected.

IMPO I would never get a APBT because of the gameness that they have in them. Yes I do own pit bulls But a different type of pit bulls, American Bullies is what they're called. Their thicker and they don't have that drive to go after other dogs. Game dogs are more dog aggressive.

If I recall correctly 'american bullies' are a mix of various pit types, therefore aren't much ?ore than mutts. Which is why they look different. I'd rather have an Am Staff or APBT bred to proper standards any day.

Actually, the American Bully was created through years of selective breeding. By combining the desired traits of the UKC American Pit Bull Terrier and the AKC American Staffordshire Terrier. So their not mutts. The American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and American Bullys are all pit bulls. American Bullies look just like APBT and AST. Only difference is the AM. Bullies are more bulky. I've asked judge's at dog shows about this before and thats what they told me.

The debate on APBT, Am Staff and Am. bullies is long debated. Those who are fond of the traditional APBT and Am Staff continue to believe the Am. Bully is a mixed breed, with mastiff in the lines. There are some nice looking Am. Bullies, but many are over done.

Lets face it- when are pit bulls 105lbs with 24 inch heads? Can it preform? The APBT and AM staff are preformance dogs. Can it bring down a bull? Can it take a dog in a fight?Can it stand up to an aglity trial? The size, and the type of the dog does not fit in either of the Am staff or APBT standards. I am quite sad to see that UKC, which was created for the traditional APBT is placing dogs that are of bully structure. I am sad to see that the AKC is doing the same. Lets let the bully's show as American Bullies NOT Am. Staffs or APBT--as they are not the same.

This is a debate all the time on pit bull forums... This is not the place for it honestly. I'm sure they make great pets--and that is great! I however do stand by my APBT and Am. Staffs, but to each their own. Just call a bully what it is :) Not a APBT or Am. Staff

This thread is about Mike Vick, and him owning another dog..not the "Pit bulls vs bully vs APBT vs Am Staff VS mutt debate"

Last edited:
The only reason UKC does not recognize American Bullies as its own group yet. Thats why they are registered as APBT. I have a american bully that is training to be in agility trials right now, She can run just fine without having to stop to breaths. They all have free run on the property. They were bred to take out the trait of dog aggression. :)

Here's a link on animal abuse and domestic abuse. http://www.americanhumane.org/about-us/newsroom/fact-sheets/animal-abuse-domestic-violence.html
It does not mean that every person who abuses an animal will inflict direct abuse on a child or spouse, but those types of people are capable of using animals as a pawn. They can either play on emotions of weaker people, or directly abuse them. As another member stated earlier, abuse is like an addiction. What happens when an animal abuser is no longer satisfied with harming animals? Next step...children...other humans... I feel as though those who abuse animals need to go to rehabilitation and be banned from owning the item of their abuse (EVER).

This man didnt just use them for dog fighting, he tortured them as well. Maybe the punishment should fit the crime...

Latest posts

Back