Michael Vick wants a dog.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL this has been popping up everywhere and my response is repeatedly the same. This man shouldn't ever own a dog again. Supposedly his daughters are the real reason he wants to get another dog, they keep asking for one. My response? "Dear" old dad should inform his girls as to what he did with the dogs he had before and why there will be protesters outside his home if they do get a dog.

I've seen quite a few people say that he served his time. Bull crap. That man didn't serve near enough for what he did to those poor animals, and for what he forced them to do. It wasn't a "mistake" like others have claimed, either. A mistake is something you regret doing, and did unintentionally or without knowing it was wrong. A mistake is not blatant ignorance of the law and inhumanity. I could go on and on and on...

ETA: He can't have dogs during his PROBATION. Once that's over, he's allowed to own dogs again, and that makes me :vomit:

I agree 2000% with ASH!!! I think I would literally try to locate his address and steal his dog, just so he doesn't ever own a pup again EVER!

IMPO- Vick is teaming up with the Humane Society of the United States, and hes going to schools teaching kids about the negative sides of dog fighting. I agree he should have gotten more time in prison for it. But hes making it up. If he wants to get another dog then why not! As it goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! If he does it again then people will just see that hes never going to change. But from the looks of it hes trying.

I'm totally against dog fighting! But how many dog fighters do you come across that get out of jail and are willing to go around to schools and talk about what happend to them? Not that many! A LOT of dog fighters that get out of jail go right back to dog fighting or find someone to do it for them!

Um, Milo... Vick has admitted that if he hadn't gotten caught, he'd STILL be fighting dogs... I don't think he's repented at all. He's doing what he HAS to do to try and redeem himself for those who will buy into it.

Oh my god I'm so shocked to hear all of this. I can't imagine that poor, sweet, reformed FELON would EVER fight dogs again after the good stern talking to he got 3 years ago. (/sarcasm)

Let's also remember that the time he served to "pay for his crimes" was NOT served to pay for animal cruelty and dog fighting. They got him on gambling, not the real, frightening issue; the cold-blooded and torturous murder of those pit bulls. How anyone can claim to be an animal lover and not want him still in prison far away from anything with 4 legs and fur is something I'll never understand. If he'd done that to children, he'd be lucky to be alive, but people who claim their dogs are like family try to tell me every day "he paid his debt".

Maybe if he's the one electrocuted, or drowned, or beaten to a pulp, or tied to a stake with his teeth ripped out and forced into breeding, I'll agree.

I agree 2000% with ASH!!! I think I would literally try to locate his address and steal his dog, just so he doesn't ever own a pup again EVER!

I'll help you with that. He lives about an hour from me (at least he used to)

He is a sick twisted monster.

Ash that was MY point on FB too, he would still be doing it had he not been caught. He isnt sad or sorry he did it, only sad he got caught. Not to mention all the Humane Society he is doing is damage control. He should not be allowed near animals again.

I have 6 pits and I would never do anything to hurt them! They are my babies! They have every shot a dog can get. They go upstairs and sleep with my brother and sister and me! I'm a animal lover! I would do whatever it takes to stop dog fighting! But theres only so much you can do! He didn't get that much time in jail because hes a football player. He said in the future not now. You can't hold a grudge on him forever!

We still elect politicians we know have done wrong. And its ok for Martha Stewart to get out of jail and go back to work?

Maybe he admitted it then... But as said he can't get a dog until his probation is up, and he said in the future, It doesn't mean right now. People can change and opinions can change, give him time! Thats all I'm saying.

It's not OK, but some things are more serious than others. Insider trading information isn't quite as severe as murdering animals and forcing animals to fight. That is inhumane and cruel and disgusting.

If he'd beaten or molested children, we'd never want him near children again. If he'd raped women, we'd want him castrated. If he'd murdered humans, we'd want him locked away for life.

He murdered and abused dogs, and you want to give him more dogs? He didn't just fight the dogs, he electrocuted them, killed those that didn't perform, and abused them. And you want him to have another? That is disgusting, and I don't see how any real animal lover would be OK with him having another animal, even a fish.

I think your willingness to allow for second chances is sweet, but I've seen enough of these kinds of bastard to know that some people don't deserve a second chance to be an abuser.

And I can hold a grudge against an unpunished, unrepentant abuser telling people publicly that he wants more animals as long as my common sense holds out.

If he'd done this to one of your dogs, would you be so forgiving? For their sake, I certainly hope not.

NO! I wouldn't, I would be seeking them out to smash their heads in! But that was my opinion. If you didn't like it Ash you didn't have to respond.

I guess I'm just confused as to how someone would be OK with a person who murdered and tortured animals having them again... We keep convicted pedophiles a certain distance away from children, why isn't it the same with convicted animal abusers? It's rare that people just change.

He's doing and saying what he does because he thinks it will appeal to people and and make them forgive him. It's not gonna work for me. What he did is disgusting, in my opinion, and shouldn't be forgiven and be allowed near that which he has already proven he isn't safe around.

Its different, Murderer's get put away! People who abuse animals and fight them are in prison for a couple months to a year and have to pay a certain amount of cash for the deed they did. Obviously he was giving a probation and can't have a animal until after it is up. Until the law changes thats how it is. In my personal opinion, I think that if you abuse and animal you should have you kids tooken away and you shouldn't be allowed to have pets again. But I can see Vick changing in my head! Only because kids look up to him. Maybe he will and maybe he won't. But I'm hoping he will.

I don't like what he did either, But theres nothing anyone can do about it until the law changes. The reputable breeders of pit bulls won't even give him a shot at buying one of their dogs. But BYB's will because they just want the money. I can see shelters doing it too, Only because so many of them are so over crowded.

. But I can see Vick changing in my head! Only because kids look up to him. Maybe he will and maybe he won't. But I'm hoping he will.

Pffffft....tons of kids look up to celebrities and I don't see them changing at all. He himself has said that if he hadn't been caught, he'd still be fighting dogs. All the stuff he is doing is just to try to get a better rep, I don't think he's doing it because he WANTS to. He should never be allowed to own another dog, let alone any living thing. He's one of the reasons pit bulls have a bad name..I'm surprised a pit owner would be so forgiving of what he did, let alone any other animal lover.

Latest posts

Back