Michael Vick wants a dog.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the US Goverment ever feels that abusing animals is just as equal as abusing a human being. Personally I don't think they care enough about animals to make a law like that. They've seen what dog fighters and any other animal abuser can do, and they've done nothing!

For once I agree with Milo on something: the government doesn't take animal abuse as seriously as it should. My home state of Ohio has animal cruelty legislation purposely dying in committee-- the senate would likely pass Nitro's Law if it came out of committee, but the chair won't do it before the end of the year. It's already passed the House, so to get a felony level charge of animal abuse in Ohio, proponents are going to have to start all over again-- another 3 years of waiting while "shelters" let animals starve to death and freeze to their kennels, and the kind of people who think it's funny/fun/acceptable to douse pit bulls in acid or drag them behind vehicles keep getting 30 days and a $1,000 fine.

And that's just one state.

I hate that! I hate animal abuse! I'm a animal lover! You may not know it, because of what I put, But if murders get a second chance and most of them do. Then I believe Vick deserves one too. Yea he was fighting his dogs and helping kill them. But thats just what I think. Some murderers do change, and some don't. Its the same with Dog fighters and animal abusers in my opinion. D

Do I agree with what Vick did? NO! If he did that to any animal and I was there I would be after him in a heart beat!

See I'm ok with Vick going out and doing his career. Let him go back to work; anyone who "did there time" should be able to go to work and provide their families. I just don't think he should be allowed to have a dog again.

Just because he's working with the HSUS (anti-pit bull, doesn't really help the animals just shoves their noses in anything to get the press), and does a few talks here and there about how he changed doesn't make me want an animal back in his hands.

He electrucuted, hung, shot, and abused these dogs. There were dogs that left his property that had severe injuries, so much cancer they HAD to be put down (yet she was his breeding machine).... Whats to stop him from getting a lab and beating the crap out of her if she damages the property? His kids want to be around animals? Take them to the animal shelter, let them help animals in need.

Find me a time where Vick ASKED about his pit bulls? Find me where he took the time to show up and see how his dogs were (Best friends, Bad Rap both offered him to come visit his dogs). When he cares about the dogs he abused, then perhaps I'll change my mind. Not once has he asked how his dogs were doing, he has yet to donate to their care on his own free will (not judge ordered)... Let him take responsbility for the dogs he put into rescues and shelters first..

Last edited:
I hate that! I hate animal abuse! I'm a animal lover! You may not know it, because of what I put, But if murders get a second chance and most of them do. Then I believe Vick deserves one too. Yea he was fighting his dogs and helping kill them. But thats just what I think. Some murderers do change, and some don't. Its the same with Dog fighters and animal abusers in my opinion. D

Do I agree with what Vick did? NO! If he did that to any animal and I was there I would be after him in a heart beat!

Murderers get a second chance if it was a one time thing and a lot of other criteria are met. Serial murderers do not get a second chance. That is what Vick is. He repeatedly murdered and abused dogs, not just one dog and it wasn't an accident or as a result of megligence or self defence or even ignorance. It was maliciously intended each and every time. That does not deserve a second chance.

^What Ash said. Sorry, but in that kind of situation, repetitive full body blunt force trauma (i.e.: slamming a dog into the ground five or six times) should NOT be the go-to option for killing the dog. Any guy there probably had access to a gun, and a bullet to the head or lungs is far more humane than electrocution by car battery or lynching. And, with the kind of money involved in that operation, a bolt gun (what's used in a lot of slaughter houses) isn't hard to get. These "people" also apparently had a vet involved (Georgia's teeth were professionally pulled); what's wrong with an injection?

Vick and his buddies chose to personally torture those animals; I think that makes him a danger to society that doesn't deserve a second chance at animal care OR a high profile career after buying out the "Humane" Society. But then again, I'm old and jaded and have met released cons getting their "second chance"... and seen how they tossed it away. I don't think a second chance was earned in this case, or is really the best way to keep everyone safe.

Cruelty to animals/animal abuse is one of the criteria for antisocial personality disorder (similar to sociopath), the only other place it is in the DSM is in conduct disorder. Sorta says something. There are murderers out there that would be appalled at someone harming an animal.
Vick should not have any animals, if he wants to be around them then he can clean up exercise yards at a local shelter at the end of the day. If he feels remorse, he can do some sort of donations or events to sponsor groups who rehab fighting pits instead of thinking of ever having animals again.
my two cents.

Latest posts

Back