What's your day job?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leni

Hardcore Fleece Addict
I was just curious as to what people did for a living here besides being members of CnH :) Me, I have been a registered nurse since I graduated 3 years ago and I currently do pediatric home health. I used to work in neonatal intensive care at Parkland Hospital here in Dallas, which was CRAZY, then I did geriatrics, and now I'm in pediatrics so I have been all over the spectrum. Some days I sure do wish I had ended up going to veterinary school like I wanted, but I still enjoy what I do :)

I am a scientist at an entomology lab. I do research and testing on pesticides and all types of urban and veterinary pest insects... but my focus is on bed bugs!

I run my online businesses, both CamphorChins.com and then my 3 Etsy sites (1 for dog/cat, 1 for chin/ferret/guinea pigs etc, and one selling vintage items), and do occasional craft shows locally.

I've been doing that full time for about a year and a half.

Come September I'm getting married and I think then I will take on another part time job because we want to buy a house.

Prior to this job I worked at a public aquarium in animal husbandry taking care of American River otters and the Amazon exhibits like discus, oscars, piranha, snakes and poison dart frogs. I'd like to get back into that, but animal husbandry jobs are very competitive.

I am retired after 30 years of selling advertising for The Denver Post newspaper. My "retirement gig" is working at Neiman Marcus, the Luxury Department Store, in the Accessories Department where I am the Queen of Hermes scarves!!!

I work as a manager for DSW (the shoe store) and I am a full time college student. I am also a professional cat pooper scooper/chinchilla poop vacuumer :D

Full time college student and Front Desk Agent/ Night Auditor at an Embassy Suites.. Not a "day" job. But a job nonetheless.

I'm a data center operator at Snap-on tools. I work the "g" shift with is 3 13 hour days either Wed, Thu, Fri or Thu, Fri, Sat. It's pretty cool really as we are an international company so I get to talk to people all over the world!

I own/run my own pet care business. I am also a dog trainer, which is the bulk of my business at the moment. I also make and sell custom dog collars as an extension of my main business. I have a Bachelor's degree in biology (I was pre-vet) and worked as a vet assistant for a while after I graduated. I also went to school for a while for software engineering, but had to stop about a year before I got Bachelor's degree #2.
I've done a lot of different things, but my job right now is THE BEST :hearts:

Last edited:
I'm a mechanical engineer, but I don't have a real job and my former career is getting to be quite the distant memory. I take care of my husband, the dogs and the chins. Pretty much all my time is spent cleaning or cooking or running errands or doing something else chin related. :) Not that that earns much of a living, but that's what I do for my job.

Currently, I'm on the sales floor at Target and just finished (although not officially been let go as of yet) working for the Census Bureau as a Crew Leader, which I did since March of this year. Before that, I was a pharmacy technician of 12+ years before the store sold and the new owner didn't think he needed to pay someone as much as I was being paid to do ALLLLLLLLLLL of the jobs I was doing, so he let me go. I spent the next 18 months on unemployment. I've also been all the way thru RN school only to come 2 points shy of graduating and find myself starting all over in an online RN program. *sigh*

I am currently not employed outside the home, but I am a full time college student, full time mother to 3 boys ( 4 when the hubby is home ;) ) and a proud Navy Wife! I am also a full time chin mom, piggie mom, dog and cat mom, along with being a mom to a fish, hamster and gerbil!

I hope to find work as either a probation officer or police officer after I finish my Bachelor's degree and after my DH retires. Until then, I will enjoy the "job" of Domestic Engineer!

I've worked with computers in various fashions for the last 15 years, programming to systems support. I prefer the web development side but the job I have now is a nice balance of tech and webserver.

Currently working at a local company that is all systems/server support folks and it's awesome. Working on getting my Apple certifications.

I am an ex police officer and private investigator with a BA in psychology with an emphasis on criminology. I then went back to school and got two more degrees, one as a social worker and one as a drug and alcohol counsellor. Currrently I own my own business called T.E.A.C.H. which stands for Timmins Education and Counselling Help. I provide one-on-one teaching and counselling services and am mostly employed by the local college working with the disabled.
I really enjoy teaching! It really gives me satisfaction helping people succeed!
I am thinking about going back to school again (yes I know more degrees, but I LOVE challenging my brain) and getting my PHD in psychology.
I take after my Mom, who was a retired teacher. When she retired she studied law! She looked after her 93 year old mother in Toronto, so she went to the University of Toronto to study gerontology when she was taking care of her! :) Her philosophy was "hey, tuition is FREE if you are over 65 so I am taking advantage of it!"

I know I rambled on.......sorry!

Last edited:
I own a auto repair shop where I do whatever needs to be done, I am a licensed mechanic specializing in electrial and drivability and started the business 22 years ago.

I am part-owner and manager of a private security company. We just had our 31st anniversary!

I'm also a foster parent. My husband and I are getting ready to send our foster daughter off to college at George Mason Univeristy. She has been with us for almost six years.

Latest posts

Back