Let's see your dogs!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my baby Finn hes a golden retriever 5 yrs old

attachment.php

Finn and my niece Cayley
attachment.php

Finn at the park
attachment.php

Last edited:
Joey the cocker spaniel

Here's my cocker spaniel, Joey, he's about 6-7 years old:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

We keep his fur as short as possible because it's super hot here.

Here's Tinky, the pug:

dsc_0177.jpg

dsc_0171.jpg

Last edited:
Awww another pug! Man, it's making me miss my pug more :(

Okay, here's some more pictures!

As a baby. I got her for Christmas in 1998. So I was 12 at the time. I always wanted a pug when I was younger. So I started saving up for one, and obviously being only 10 or 11 at the time and only babysitting for money, it'd take a while to afford a purebred pug.. So then for Christmas one year, my parents said we were going to my dad's coworkers house for a Christmas party. Well, we get there and they take us out to the garage which I thought was weird. And then I see all these kennels with pugs in them! My parents had picked out a pug for me for Christmas!
(sorry the pic is kinda blurry, this was before digital cameras, and I scanned it into the computer)
IMG_2417.jpg

All of her younger years are printed pictures since this was before digital cameras so I don't have any others on the computer

But here's some older ones of Princess too..
Sleeping upside down
DSCN0247.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

She always had such a perfect pug tail lol, as you can see the nice curl in this picture.
DSCN0368.jpg

Last edited:
Aw, how old is she now?
I think pugs are the best 'lazy' dog if you're a low-energy level person :)

Aw Allison, she was a doll! :( :hug4: What a great present! Princess had the same curly tail as our Bud. How long did you have her, 10 years?

Aw, how old is she now?
I think pugs are the best 'lazy' dog if you're a low-energy level person :)

You know, I've heard that before but not our Buddy. Oh yeah, he does crash in the evening but my husband owns a gym and takes him to work with him a few days a week so Buddy's pretty fit, LOL!

Ippo- if you were talking to me, she's no longer with us :(

Yeah Sandi, she only made it to 10 years. She had to be put down unfortunately. And I wasn't here to say goodbye as I was gone at college so it was tough.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but in her last days she just keep vomiting and lost the use of her back legs. So she couldn't get up and walk or eat.

When I went away for college, she essentially became my mom's dog since I couldn't have a dog in the dorms. And so they weren't going to spend a ton of money trying to figure out what was wrong, so they put her down. I didn't even know about it until after they had already done it :( I was really upset about it..

This is my Boomer or Boom Doggie. He came from the shelter I volunteer for and was a cruelty case. A farmer had a bunch of dogs in a trailer from an 18 wheeler and claimed they were farmed dogs....that didn't do anything :wacko:

He was petrified in the shelter. I let him stay there for a week before bringing him home...as they were also holding him on behavioral issues to make sure if he relaxed he didn't go crazy.

He spent the first 3 days in his crate sleeping and not really moving much. Then he started to curl up next to me as I just sat in the kitchen on the floor with my laptop hoping to earn his trust. Would also shut down every time he was on a leash for the first week. At one morning at 3 he would not stop whining and was very anxious and i couldn't find any other way asides a walk online to calm an anxious dog so I scooped him up and carried him down the stairs until we hit the grass and I said, "Boomer, I don't care that you are afraid of the leash you are walking." And I put him and told him you lead. And sure enough he slowly began to finally walk on a leash!!! (which was monumental since I live in an apartment)

He is too smart for his own good. A wonderful Australian cattle lab (see BYB's I can come up with my own cute designer breed too :neener:) He is a social butterfly now and must know everyone. Still quite the chewy pup at 9 months old.

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 111
Poor Boomer! What is a farmed dog? That that something similar to breeding lots of dogs? I don't get it. :) (I also like to ask questions...)

I'm glad he's with you. Shelter dogs always make good pets. He looks so pretty and healthy. In the last picture he is trying to control your mind so you will give him treats... :)

I meant farm dog not farmed. oopsie. A farm dog is supposed to serve a purpose on a farm like herding livestock of protecting it or something. Not left to its own devices and maybe thrown some food every now and then.

He was allowed to keep 4 of them and I don't think he even got those neutered/spayed either. So more inbred puppies.

This is my old girlie, Lady. She's a basset hound/lab mix and just turned 6 in April. We got her sophomore year when I lived with my aunt and uncle, she came from one of the managers of the store my aunt was working for. The wife was allergic to her so she was staying outside. :( She adjusted easily to inside life since we had a farm, though we had some issues with the trash initially. She bonded with me, even though I didn't 'want' her (I love big dogs), but she's become my baby. When I got kicked out of my aunt and uncle's senior year, I had to 'kidnap' her because my aunt wasn't going to let me bring her with out of spite. But, now she's here and she's currently hogging up as much of my new full sized bed as possible. Haha.

100_0324.jpg

100_0382.jpg

Here is my parents' pit, Sasha. She'll be 2 in November.
100_2025.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have any good pics of the newest puppy, Sabbath. She's also a pit and is about 4 months old(I think... I think we've had her a month now). I'll try to get some better ones later, but here she is sleeping on the recliner with Micheala. That hole was in the blanket before we got her, btw... She didn't make it haha.
securedownload12.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha yeah, I had to snap it with my phone before work. They were laying together, and I covered Sabbath up since it was actually pretty chilly that morning, soo she found the hole to stick her head through.

Hers my princess, Lily, with her demonic looking eyes. She just turned one back in June!

img0530qyt.jpg

My Babies :D

My shih-tzu pug. (he had a hair cut)
Pug.jpg

Bailey my new little girl wire terrier/fox terrier
Baliey2.jpg

Ellie mae. I wasnt aloud to go to prom because i wasnt able to wear shoes thanks to this rash i had. so my mom got me ellie. my little black dress! :D
Ellie.jpg

l_f896a10bf193ceaef6cde307761552b21.jpg

Here's my shepherd mix, Honey.

honey6.jpg

We don't know how old she is, probably somewhere around 7 or 8.
We adopted her after our 6-month old puppy, who we had for a week before finding out she had gotten parvo from the pound, had to be put down.

honey3.jpg

Honey was used as a "bait" dog for dog fights. She's scared of everything, including my dad (she's pretty good around him when she's outside, though), and shakes like crazy every time he comes near her. She is scared of most people, and will attack anyone that comes in the door. You're not allowed to move until she sniffs you, she'll snap if you make the slightest move. She hates most other dogs.

honey4.jpg

honey2.jpg

I couldn't find a good picture of her scars, but she has them all over her face and legs, and two big chunks of fur missing from her shoulder and neck. We discovered a few years after we got her that she has the letter A carved into one of her ears. I'm not sure how noticeable it is in the picture, but if you look closely at the inside of her ear you can see it.

She doesn't like very many people, but once you get on her good side she is the sweetest thing!

Last edited:
Here's my shepherd mix, Honey. [...]

I couldn't find a good picture of her scars, but she has them all over her face and legs, and two big chunks of fur missing from her shoulder and neck. We discovered a few years after we got her that she has the letter A carved into one of her ears. I'm not sure how noticeable it is in the picture, but if you look closely at the inside of her ear you can see it.

I hear stories like that and thank my lucky stars I don't work in the judicial system. I'd lose my job in a heartbeat coming up with appropriate punishments for those kinds of @$$holes. Example: Tattoo "abuser" on that guy's forehead, or make him stand outside the animal shelter w/ a sign identifying him for what a waste of life he is and make him collect donations for all the dogs he tortured through the years.

Give her extra lovin's from a "scary" stranger in Pennsylvania for me? Baby girl deserves that and then some!

I hear stories like that and thank my lucky stars I don't work in the judicial system. I'd lose my job in a heartbeat coming up with appropriate punishments for those kinds of @$$holes. Example: Tattoo "abuser" on that guy's forehead, or make him stand outside the animal shelter w/ a sign identifying him for what a waste of life he is and make him collect donations for all the dogs he tortured through the years.

Same here, it makes me sick to think someone could purposefully do such terrible things to a poor defenseless animal and ruin them for life. She was abandoned when they found her, and I hate to think this guy is still out there still doing these things. :(
I'll be sure to give her those extra lovin's!

Latest posts

Back