Let's see your dogs!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww I just love all these pictures of doggies!! We have 3 dogs in the house... 2 of the 3 are mine.

Our newest member is Lexi. She was a surprise to us because we weren't looking to add another dog, but we were more than happy to give her a home. My husbands Aunt couldn't keep her anymore because her husband was just diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. With taking care of him and her grandson (who now lives with her) she couldn't keep up with Lexi. His aunt contacted the shelter and told them that Lexi would be living with us and we gave them our contact info/address and we were approved to take her. Lexi is a rescued approximately 1-2 year old Pug. She was found as a stray by the shelter and she actually had a litter of 7 puppies while in the shelter. They said that it looked as if she was bred many times from how her teets looked when she arrived (before she had the litter at the shelter). No one wanted her because of how her teets always hung and you do have to take time out of your day to make sure everything is clean there because of all that extra skin rubbing. But she is the sweetest thing EVER!

PICT0095.jpg

This is my other precious baby. Her name is Abby and she's a 4mth old Collie/shepherd mix. We rescued her from an Amish farm when she was 6 weeks old. The place we got her from had this litter of "inbred" puppies and they just wanted them gone because they couldn't make money from them (which is the reason why we ended taking her at 6wks old). Poor Abby is considered inbred because her mother bred with her grandfather. She is by far the sweetest puppy ever. This girl is my world. You can see from this picture that she has more collie in her. Such a sweet face, don't you think?

PICT0006.jpg

And this is the 3rd dog here. Her name is Heidi and she's a 5yr old Lab/Chow/Shepherd mix. She's my dads dog and his baby = )

PICT0013.jpg

I have 2 1/2 puppies... I say 1/2 because currently I my parents are watching my sister's dog because she is busy with work. Annie is my dog. Zoe is our family dog. And Izzie is my sister's.

This is Zoe- miniature schnauzer- 6 years old
n36002503_30376601_9010.jpg

This is Annie- mixed breed (shih tzu-maltese?)- about 4 years old
n36002503_30995654_7561.jpg

Annie was a rescue from the local humane society. When we got here she weighed under 2 pounds, was kept outside with no food or water, was severely infested with fleas, had a broken foot and tail (the family who had her before the children threw her off their roof onto the porch), she had been colored with permanent markers, and was very afraid of everything. I've had her for 2 years now and she is over 5 pounds and is the best dog ever, she will just lay in your lap and doesn't bark at anything! She has come a very long way.

This is Izzie- shih tzu- 1 year old
4233_1167580432244_1309927128_446132_4732934_n.jpg

jenjenn - I used to have a mini schnauzer b4 my dobie. She died a year ago from diabetes and an enlarged heart. We had to put her down a month after she was diagnosed - that's how quickly the disease took her. Anyway, she was 12 and the most wonderful little lady ever. She was so smart and so cute, and Zoe looks so adorable and it makes me want to get another schnauzer!

She's yellow and all her pups are black! Is that normal? :) They all look like very sweet doggies. Except nine puppies must have been hard on everyone.

She was bred to a chocolate lab, but her father was black and her mother was yellow-so she could have had any combo...but yep! All Black...

I have 2 shih tzu, 13 months old Dante and 10 weeks old Emmet. Pic is nearly 2 weeks old and Emmet has grown quite bit already.
I love my boys to death and they know it. :heart5:

086.jpg

That one is really good pic of the boys, but normally pics I take of Emmet look more like these:

0e739acd.jpg
97daefe4.jpg

This is Bubble my 6 year old baby - a Parson Jack Russell Terrier. :dance3:
Will post more of her picture once my old computer is fixed =)

Attachments

• DSC01216.jpg
    DSC01216.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01227.jpg
    DSC01227.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 105
My lab/standard poodle. Yep, I know - he's pretty goofy looking. My son thinks of him as a brother. They have an amazing bond.

Attachments

• troy.jpg
    troy.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 94
This is Bowie my black lab. I got him from the shelter and he has been the most wonderful dog ever. :)
First day home
DSC04594.jpg

Camping
DSC04678.jpg

He does the upside down thing too.
DSC04636.jpg

Retreiving with Roxy (aunts dog in the water) and Sandy (moms dog on land)
DSC04689.jpg

I posted pics when this thread was new, but now I have Meg. I adopted her in April from a Border Collie Rescue.

MegSnow.jpg

aww it looks like she's laughing in the second pic!
heres my babies :

Holly, shes a basset and terrier mix:

we got Holly from a petstore durring the holidays so my mom decided to give her a holiday name. shes the first dog we got as a pet. shes as lazy as can be, all those pics that yall have with your dogs sleeping on their backs, thats Holly.

Last edited:
Neka, a pekingese:

we got Neka from another petstore after we moved down here. shes a crazy girl that never stops shedding! she'll stare at you for 5 minutes straight then she'll freak out and run laps around the house at super speed! her hair is like tummble weeds across the floor. its not uncommon to see a Neka hair ball rolling across the floor in the living room while your watching tv.

Savannah, the evil chihuahua:

we got Savannah from a friend of my moms whose a breeder. when she was first born she was so tiny she didnt think she'll live. she told my mom if she does then you can have her for free because i dont want anyone to breed her because shes small and they think they will get more small dogs from her. it wouldve killed her. well she lived and now she spends most of her time on my dads lap sleeping and growling and biting people that get too close. she has hip problems, is bowlegged, and has a soft spot on her head like a baby, the vet figured it would go away but it never did.

Maddie, our crazy chihuahua:

we got Maddy from a breeder my mom worked with. this women should not have been breeding! my mom said the place smelled like dog pee and poop and you had to watch your step because it was very unsanitary. they werent given enough food and had to fight for it. to this day Maddie will eat her food as fast as possible thinking another dog will come and fight her for it or take it away. shes a sweet girl if she knows you well. shes a bit strange, even for a chihuahua. she will come up to you and rub against you like a cat. shes always stiff, never relaxed. shes scared to death of anything unfamiliar and is impossible to take on a walk unless your carrying her because she will stand there and whimper. she loves her crate where she sleeps at night. she will run in there if she is feeling unsocial.

and Sadie, our dachund (possible mix):

Sadie has the saddest story of them all. my mom found her half dead, only a few weeks old, filthy, with bald patches all over her fur in a walgreens parking lot. what we think happened is that while she was at her breeders house something made her stress out and she started to lose fur. (we checked to make sure it wasnt stress. no skin issues what so ever. after a few days her fur had started to grow back already, all she needed was some love) so the owner probably freaked out, thought it was mange or something and didnt want her other dogs to get it or pay for the vet care so she dumped her at a dog park that was near the walgreens. shes a tiny girl but the sweetest thing ive ever met. its like she doesnt know how to be mean. she never growls. even when she plays she wont show her teeth. she will come up to you and give you kisses and will be antsy and whine if she doesnt have a lap to lay on.

Here's Seamus and Haylie. Seamus is a chocolate lab and Haylie is a golden retriever.

Attachments

• Seamus.jpg
    Seamus.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 101_2873.jpg
    101_2873.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 95
  • haylie.jpg
    haylie.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 90
  • ry=400.jpg
    ry=400.jpg