Jon and Kate plus 8

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just popping in to say that I'm completely amused my bf and his mom had absolutely no idea who Jon and Kate were and we live in the same area they do. So apparently, yes, there are still people who have no clue who they are!

No matter what the circumstances, it is too bad Jon and Kate couldn't make it work between them for the sake of their kids. Divorce is hard on kids, and they have so many small children who will be affected by this. Of course, a disfunctional home is not healthy either, I just hope the two of them came to the conclusion that their relationship couldn't be fixed and really thought hard about what the consequences would be.

I just think it's sad that they continue to do the show. It obviously wasn't helping their marriage. And at this point, I don't know that it's completely healthy for the kids either.

Exactly Laurie. As to whether they chose to have this many children, again, were they living under a rock? They HAD to know it was a possibility, just like everybody else who reads newspapers or watches the news.

Many people have multiples. Many people have large multiple births due to in vitro. Not that many people prostitute their children for money on national TV because they are attention whores themselves. Businesses pitch in, the town pitches in. I've seen the heart warming stories over and over of people stepping up to help. People volunteer their time to help baby sit and do laundry. Bottom line is, Kate loves the spotlight. Jon doesn't. He wanted away from it, she didn't. Laurie is absolutely right. She got paid money for a book deal because she has a TV show. Is she giving parenting advice? Marriage advice? That would be a laugh, now wouldn't it?

I am sick of every time I sign onto the internet "Kate this", "Jon that." I don't care. I don't care if Kate sleeps with her body guard. I don't care if Jon screwed around on Kate. The media feeds into Kate's mega ego and she's loving it. I can just see it now, artfully timed tears, sniff, sniff, sob - but I'm strong! I've got my millions and millions of dollars in the bank and I WILL survive by God!

You're naive if you think all of this, all these years, isn't going to affect the kids and think they are going to have any sort of a normal life. Just being on TV your entire life was weird enough, now the entire world will be watching, glued to their TVs, as their world falls apart??

There is no excuse for this show. I will say what I said before. It's stupid and should have been off air a long time ago.

divorce is hard for any one of any age and to have their divorce publicized is even more difficult.
personally it was a hard enough decision to put my son thru that at age 3, I cant imagine what effect it will have on a gaggle of 5 year olds and twins, let alone the rest of the family.
i guess its all about the money...................

btw laurie.......you & are i are so much alike its scary!

Last edited:
Not that many of you care, but they filed for seperation officially and Jon said that they're going to keep the kids in the house in Berks County, and him and Kate are gonna split their time with the kids. Didn't hear if they're gonna keep doing the show or not though. Probably will :( or hell, maybe it'll just be when Kate's there.

I had a former boss(a dentist who is supposedly an educated individual) who he and his wife had invitro performed and totally believed that only one child would be the result. They ended up having triplets. Within a couple of years they were divorced. I think having mulitiple kids at once causes a huge strain on a marriage, and only those strongest can make a marriage work. I think Jon and Kate were probably destined to head down this road eventually, and maybe being in the spotlight, and all the added strain that can cause, just sped up the process. In all, it is really sad for all of them.

I even heard on one of the episodes that people with multiples are like 3 (?) times more likely to get divorces. I can easily see why, one kid is hard enough, but 3, 4, 5!? And the cost....just a recipe for disaster.

Turns out they're stopping the show until August. Which is really sad I think, I think they should just stop completely. But I don't think they will.

Turns out they're stopping the show until August. Which is really sad I think, I think they should just stop completely. But I don't think they will.

Yeah right! That show has to have made them some serious money.

I'm glad they stopped it for awhile, I don't watch it, I just can't. But from what I've been reading about it, I wish they would end the show for the kids sake, but like chinniechantel said, it's making a lot of people lot's of money so they probably won't, plus I read that 40 episode were ordered and only 6 have been filmed?

Well I watched last night's episode tonight and it made me very sad. I think having a grandchild on the way is making me all wishy washy LOL

Forget about divorce/separation, all I can think about are those 5,000 dollar houses they just HAD to buy, despite the "budget" they supposedly keep.

Yeah.. they couldn't really keep up the lifestyle they live if they don't continue to keep the money coming in from the show. I mean, yeah those little houses are somewhere $2,500 a piece! And they live in a huge million dollar house. I can't imagine the taxes on that thing.

I really wonder if they're putting away anything for the kid's future. I mean, technically the money is theirs since they're the original focus of the show and college for 8 kids would be ridiculously expensive!

Yeah.. they couldn't really keep up the lifestyle they live if they don't continue to keep the money coming in from the show. I mean, yeah those little houses are somewhere $2,500 a piece! And they live in a huge million dollar house. I can't imagine the taxes on that thing.

I really wonder if they're putting away anything for the kid's future. I mean, technically the money is theirs since they're the original focus of the show and college for 8 kids would be ridiculously expensive!

Double that. The price listed on the website is 5,000 each, and that is just a base fee. The add ons probably cost an additional 500-1,000 each house.

I love how they played to the ratings too--as Monday was a successful rating night for them.
Somewhere I saw someone comment on child support and Kate having to pay Jon as she makes more money from her book. Let me just say, KATE DID NOT WRITE THAT BOOK! That woman 100% had a ghost writer. Sorry, but obviously it annoys me to great end to see some people struggling to make a living writing, like my fabulous friend Amanda, who's work is really great, and along comes Kate Gosslein, pops out a few kids and suddenly she's a best seller, what kind of crap is that?
And again if she's so big on religion and not eliminating some of her embryos then how come she wanted to get rid of her big belly left over from all those wonderful children she just HAD to have? If I carried that many kids inside me I would look at my "dog jowels" as a badge of honor and not be concerned with getting rid of it, AT NO COST TO HER, and then running around in a bikini.
Obviously have issues with her . . .

LOL Laurie..I'm no fan of her either. However, having had five kids I would jump on free cosmetic surgery in a heartbeat! :D

Latest posts

Back