Jon and Kate plus 8

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the houses were donated, or sold at a huge discount because they knew everyone and their brother would have to have one if they saw it on Jon and Kate.

I wonder what they will change the name of the show to now that they split? Jon & 8 plus Kate? I'm sure he will have custody, since he is a stay-at-home dad now and she works.

Poor, poor kids. Most of us go through things like this in our early years and don't really remember it. They'll have boxed DVD sets, magazines, tabloids...

Just wanted to add something about the "crooked houses." Like most everything else, they probably didn't have to pay a red cent for them. They get freebies up the wazoo. While most other parents struggle, they get free stuff.

I was reading that they get free food for life from the "Giant" supermarket that is near them. That must be nice when you have 8 mouths to feed. All the trips that they take are free too. The places offer them for the free publicity. The trips to Utah, Disney World and several other places didn't cost them a cent. Must be really nice....

Sure, they get free stuff, a lot of "famous" people do, it's not really fair but it's the way it is. But, honestly, I'd rather have my unknown life and not have to suffer with the paparazzi and gossip. I mean, look at how their marriage ended up. Even all the free junk couldn't help them out with their happiness. So that type of lifestyle does come with it's major issues..

As much as separation/divorce can be harmful to a child, imagine how harmful it would be growing up knowing mommy and daddy aren't in love and can barely stand to be near one another? Just a thought... maybe this is better for the kids, since they might get out of this stupid show and get to live REAL lives out of the spotlight (hey, we all know how many child stars end up - Danny Bonaducci, Britney Spears, River Phoenix...). I wouldn't want something like this for any of these poor kids!!!

I was reading a story in my local newspaper recently that said that Jon and Kate got $47,000 per episode of thier show. That's alot to give up. Especially as greedy as Kate seems. I don't think the show will end any time soon. (it's unfortunate. I really think it should for the children's sake). It also said that the Pennsylvania Department of Health was looking into complaints of the show violating child labor laws. I don't know what ended up happening with that...

It also said that the Pennsylvania Department of Health was looking into complaints of the show violating child labor laws. I don't know what ended up happening with that...

Still going. A child T.V. star turned advocate (can't remember who, may have been the Dick Van Dyke Show kid) is pursuing the issue.

As much as I don't like Kate--nothing they got is free--their marriage broke up from the stress of fame, to me that's not free. They really paid in spades for that failure.

But then again flipping Kate was handed a best seller for free and that hacks me off!

Latest posts

Back