Jon and Kate plus 8

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuppie

Does anyone else watch this show? Lately I have been missing it because of my night classes, but I was wondering if they said on the show how they paid for their new house. I wasn't sure if they paid for it, or someone said to me someone donated it to them.

When I tried to look for an answer I get all threads people start about Jon possibly cheating. Did anyone else see the pictures? I have only seen one of the pictures, and I don't think it looks like he's cheating it just looks like 2 fans posting for a picture. You can tell he has been drinking or is hot because his cheeks are all rosy.

Hey i love this show ahha, and watch it, umm they are in there new house
and have moved everything out of the old one, they didnt say how that i know of
but i am guessing from the show? and book sales?

and i have seen all the pics, its litterally him standing there like if you were a fan and asked for a picture. They arent bad at all other than him looking drunk in one, but he can drink? hahaha umm he released a statement to saying he is saddened that ppl took something so innoccent as pics with fans to something so extreme, but yeah i hope he didnt cheat, lovee that family ahaa

I love watching the show. I'm assuming they paid for thier new house with the money that they make from the show and book sales and stuff. Kate has a second book that will be coming out soon. More of a photo book about the kids growing up and all. I forget the name of it, but it looks interesting.

I don't think he was cheating either. I think it is people trying to start rumors and gossip. He's the loving father of eight kids and looks like he's a good husband too. Leave the guy alone. He's allowed to go out and have some fun sometimes. So he was drinking. He's an adult. It's not like he had his kids with him or anything. We're all allowed some fun now and then. It's a shame that people in the spotlight don't have any privacy. Some say that that's the life they chose, but I don't believe that gives everyone the right to know everything about thier lives every minute of the day. They deserve privacy too. I get angry at these tabloid magazines that post pictures like that and try to start trouble. Get a life!! (Directed at them..not you guys on the forum..lol)

Erin

Edited to say, by the way...have you read the book? I find it very interesting. On the show I see Kate as uptight and somewhat of a ****(you fill in the blank..lol), but the book shows a softer side of her. By reading it I understand somewhat the way that she is and how she thinks and feels, it gives me a new perspective on her.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I can't watch this show because Kate is a biatch! She is so flipping mean to Jon it's unreal. She is very belittling to him on the show--of course I don't know know how real life is, but on the show it's too much for me to bear so I've stopped watching.

I am a fan of the show. I recognize that she is the main source of discipline for the house but she is very controlling over him and the kids...I wish that she would loosen up and let them get messy every now and then. I understand that she is concerned about germs and ruining clothes but geez can't you just devote some tshirts and scruffy jeans to let them get dirty in? I can only imagine the level of ocd those kids will develop as adults.

I do watch it occasionally but like others I get so annoyed at how Kate treats Jon on the show. Perhaps she's nicer in real life, as I'm sure being filmed all the time is stressful, but geez lady take a breather.

And I can't stand how they got dogs and she hates them so much. Then why get them?! And two of them none the less.

I can't stand yelling. She's always yelling at someone whether it's her husband or her kids. And if you notice, the kids tend to yell a lot too. I would go crazy.

I didn't hear about the cheating thing, but hopefully no matter what the two of them work it out through everything because it would really suck for those kids to have to go through a divorce. I know that a lot of people that are on reality show things like this end up with more issues than they can take. So hopefully they stay together. Sometimes it seems like Kate takes him for granted. But you never know what is true and what the show is making her seem like.

Yeah I did read her book. It helped me to see Kate in a different light. She seemed more caring, and nurturing then what you see on the show.

I have the book haha, have started it and yeah it helps me understand kate more, but I just see like this. How hard it must be to take care of 8 kids. and even though its not excuse for being so angry, haha, I still think that for what they are given they do it really well, and feed off each other. I dunno, there family jsut works hahaha

..I wish that she would loosen up and let them get messy every now and then. I understand that she is concerned about germs and ruining clothes but geez can't you just devote some tshirts and scruffy jeans to let them get dirty in? I can only imagine the level of ocd those kids will develop as adults.
Thank you!! My sentiments exactly! To be so preoccupied with kids not getting dirty or getting anything on their clothes is insane. Let them be kids. There is an episode where they go to the bakery or cake decorator and make themselves cupcakes for their birthday, and she freaks the entire time about them getting frosting on themselves, or eating it. What is the sense in that? :no:

And I can't stand how they got dogs and she hates them so much. Then why get them?! And two of them none the less.

I agree. In first episode with the dogs, they admit that neither of them had dogs before and that they didn't know much about them. I think that's very irresponsible. They should have researched it and looked into how to care for the dogs and what you need. In the latest episode (I didn't see it, but I saw ads for it) they had to take one of the dogs to the vet because it had ingested a toy that it couldn't pass.

I think dogs are great for kids. They can have a buddy and it helps them learn responsibility. I don't know if it was the best idea for this family though. They have 8 kids to care for, Kate always complains that she doesn't have time for anything, and now she adds two dogs to the pack?? Not very smart thinking there if you ask me.....

I just watched the get the dogs episode tonight and I did find it annoying how she complained the whole time. I have raised two boxers from 9 and 5 weeks old and frankly it took forever to get them potty trained and that was in a small house - their new house looks huge which is going to impede the pt process...i dunno - I think maybe they should have gotten one dog and then added another one later.

I agree there is a lot of yelling and the way that Cara and Maddie throw tantrums and talk back to their parents is ridiculous. If I ever talked to my parents like that my butt would be toast.

Yeah I think it's strange they don't have any play clothes to be kids in.

With the dogs, I watched bits and pieces of the last episode, and I agree why did she get 2 dogs?

And a male and a female so we all know she'll be *****ing about having them altered, not to mention vaccinations and regular maintenance.

Did anyone watch the show tonight?

It shows Jon and Kate talking during the confessional, and Jon says something like he doesn't know if this could work. It looks interesting. That's for the season finale next week.

Yeah, I did see the previews for next week. I wouldn't be surprised if they talked about having issues with their marriage or something like that, what with the way they seem to treat one another on tv.
I just think either way it's unfortunate because it seems like a lot of families that go on tv for shows end up with more problems than what it was worth.
I know that I wouldn't want to be on tv all the time and have my life being critiqued by everyone..

I know - I imagine there will probably be some lame build up and then they will just say we have problems like everyone else...Perhaps she needs to see a therapist to learn how to control her OCD...

She may be ocd but he puts up with it. Who knows..maybe it works in their marriage and family?

I think having 8 kids, you almost have to be OCD. Or close to it. I couldnt imagine just raising them by the fly of your pants and not having any structure. It seems to work for them though.

Yes I just watched that episode with that big thing,
I wont tell you if people haven't seen it, but
I can tell you that its just some random thing haha
and yeah I agree with them needing to be strickter and have
OCD more haha with so many it would definatly be hard to go with
the flow.. haha

I hope others watch the finale soon so we can discuss haha

Back