Jon and Kate plus 8

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Jon wants out of it, and Kate wants to stay in it. Seems like Jon was referring to the photos taken of him? I dunno, all that hype for nothing. Gotta love TV.

Yeah, I think so too, or I think maybe he wants to go and work again, like he used to, I mean the kids will be going to school soon, so he could.

Well I thought it was dumb that Kate was like "I'm happy" And obviously Jon isn't happy with being on tv all the time. So it seemed like she didn't care if he wasn't happy but since she is, they should keep doing it.

Seems like they need to communicate better because if they can't agree on things it's not going to get any better.

I really hope the show ends soon. I think it's cute, I like watching how the kids interact with each other. But watching Kate yell at Jon and freak out over the messes her kids make.. it kinda ruins the show for me.

It's obvious that Jon does not want to be in the limelight, and the kids are getting older.. they need their privacy. I think a lot of stuff has been shown that could get the kids teased in school, for example when Collin was constipated. Things that are pretty degrading, and should not be shown whether they are 4 years old or 40.

So im not sure if anyone watched tonights show but
IT WAS SOO AKWARD AND SAD :(
and i just feel so bad for jon, it has clearly turned into
a Kate enterprise and he is dragged through the mud..
and she is on a book tour while he is home with the kids
the whole episode she like bashed him and made herself look good
and he did not say one bad thing about her... it breaks my heart
and the poor children, I DO NOT understand why they are doing another
season right now, it will wreck there marriage, and it doesnt seem like kate
is willing to take any responsibilty.

I just started watching this show, and it is so sad! I really can't believe Kate is so pushy and just mean to Jon. That poor man needs to learn how to stick up for himself.

I'm glad they interviewed him separately so he could actually speak. The best thing they could have done was just let the show go so they could fade out of the limelight, for their kids. But Kate made it seem like NOT doing another show was letting the media win. WTF? It was a win for her pocketbook. I think she'd be lost without cameras on her all the time.

I don't blame Jon if he leaves, not at all. He loves his kids but he has taken such an emotional beating from her.

I agree that Kate is a wench. She is a wench of gigantic proportion. She sees the show she knows how she is protrayed and if she saw it and that it doesn't reflect her she could change. But she hasn't, because she doesn't care that she berates and belittles her husband. She mentioned in a short time she and Jon have become different people, that means her too and she can change.
She's supposed to be some great mom, Jon works so she doesnt have too, then he comes home and she has even more stuff for him to do when all he wants is to spend time with his kids. And some mom, she's off touring the world for her book signing. I can't stand Kate. She made the choice or they made they choice to have this many children so don't whine when it's difficult. They both know they best thing for them is to get rid of media circus yet she wants to continue with the show.
Kate to me is a biatch and a henpecker. Jon should leave because there is definitely someone out there who would love him and treat him much better.

I think the idea for a show like this is just stupid. As Laurie said - they made the choice to have this many kids, so who cares how their day to day life is? I sure don't. I'm sick of seeing her face on the covers of magazines. It's like he doesn't even exist.

I personally feel sorry for the kids. I would never put my family on tv like that. They loose the chance of a normal childhood. Like on the show last night where the paparazzi were following them everywhere, how is that good for kids?

And the thing is, she's like I do everything for the kids. Well what about her husband? Shouldn't she atleast be trying to work it out with him for the kids? Divorce is never a good thing for kids to go through. It's like she's given up on the relationship which is really sad. I feel bad for him because it's obvious he doesn't want to do the show anymore. But I do wonder if they stop the show, how will the family afford to do everything, as obviously this show has opened a lot of doors for them (their million dollar house for one thing) She probably got used to getting whatever she wants for her kids and so doesn't want that to stop.

How will he afford child support for 8?....sucks to be him!

In most states, child support can't be more than 1/2 of your take home income. Not sure about PA - (that is where they live, right?)

It would suck for the kids to be separated - or at least rotate but I don't see why that isn't an option, especially if they stay in the same area. The killer would be the alimony... knowing her.

I've watched the show now for a while and I got hooked because the kids were adorable and initially I loved Kate's spunk. I don't know...I can't understand why other people watch some of the other reality shows out there. To each his own I guess.

I agree that Kate would be wise to pull out of the show now to save her family. However, I can't believe that so many people fall hook, line and sinker for everything the media puts out there. It is obvious to me that that media, in particular US mag and one of the gossip shows on tv, are taking quotes out of context and twisting things to keep the story going. Maybe now where there is no story. Wow...someone heard one of the kids say to her mom "mommy you're mean." My daughter said that to me one day when I wouldn't let her watch a show because she had been mouthy. What a horrible mom I was. Someone said that Kate wasn't paying much attention to her kids on vacation. Maybe she is depressed. Who knows.

How do we really know what is going on in that marriage? That is the problem with reality shows. We think we know everything about people because we watch them once a week. We really don't. I feel sorry for everyone involved.

PS there has been speculation that Kate would owe Jon support since she makes a lot more money with her book and speaking deals.

I can't believe I'm so involved with this story LOL Being out of work for 6 weeks is not good for me. M u s t get life :cry3:

I just think that Kate likes being in the limelight, and Jon does not. I think the show gives them the opportunity to live the way they do, otherwise life would be much too expensive for them. But it must grow very tiresome to have a camera in your face all the time. I think none of us would portray the perfect family all of the time, we all have our ups and downs. I only have 2 boys and they can be little tazmanian devils and it can take a lot of energy out of me at times. I can't imagine having 8 kids! I agree that it is time for them to quit doing the show, before it totally wrecks their marriage, but what are they going to do to keep their situation on people's minds - what would they do without all the donations? I think that is the reason why they stay on tv. It's sad, but you do what you can to keep above water.

I do not understand how people can put their children through a situation like this, i.e. using them as basically an experiment on what it's like to have so many kids and what happens when they do this to have the world watch.

I think that they both love their kids very much but started off much too young and did not look at finances before they did it. I watched John and Kate documentaries before there was "John and Kate Plus 8", and they had to struggle, a lot. I think that they also saw the TV show as a good idea to solve their financial problem and to "help" other multiple parents. Jon quit his job when Kate didn't really have much of one going on with the books and touring...because the TV show gave them enough money. I think now though they are feeling like they made a trade with the devil.

ETA: Regardless of how Kate treats him or whatever, there is no excuse for cheating. I think that they are both at fault here. I hear a lot of people saying "Well, Jon blah blah blah" and "If only Kate blah blah blah", but it is both of their faults. They are both too overwhelmed and are both escaping in different ways. Jon goes out with his new friends and hides, and Kate leaves her kids at home and goes on book tours.

Last edited:
Having seen only the occasional episode, I know very little about this show beyond the general premise, but a lot of the criticism in this thread is pretty unfair. When it comes down to it, they went through proper and responsible fertility treatments that usually result in one if any fertilized embryos. It isn't really fair to say they made the choice to have eight children. They made a choice against selective reduction, but there is a huge difference between deciding not to get pregnant and terminating an existing fetus.
Abortion goes against their moral and ethical views, so selective reduction was not an option for them. Society does not look down on financially unstable women with accidental pregnancies for opting against abortion; the same should apply to Kate and Jon's moral obligations.

There is a huge difference between the cost of raising the three children they had intended to have and the cost of raising the eight they ended up with. I cannot blame them for making the decision to sign onto a show that promises financial stability for their family. Yes the kids are experiencing an unusual upbringing but they are all healthy, well-fed, and appear happy. The show provided a lot of security for the family, and was quite possibly the best thing for the children.

I watched this show for a couple of years then had to stop at just how mean, rude and disrespectful Kate was to Jon. I feel the same way about Amy and Matt in Little People Big World. Anyway unless you've been living under a complete rock EVERYONE should know reality television kills your relationship. Let's look at Nick and Jessica, Bobby and Whitney (okay drugs helped kill their relationship too). Only one of the bachlorette's married her guy and none of the bachelors married theirs. Bret has not found love, Tila has not found love and who the heck knows what Daisy will end up with.
Jon and Kate are able to live off of US the public, because we fall prey to the networks and the media sensation. Didn't ANYONE, any of us learn the lesson from Princess Diana? I absolutely stopped reading rag mags after her death because the Paparazzi caused her demise.
No apparently we haven't learned because Kate is now a freaking millionaire for writing a book. Did she struggle with it, heck no! Does she even know how to write, heck no? But all it took was to have a bunch of kids and wham bam you've written a book and you're a millionaire. RIDICULOUS!
Life under a fishbowl is not easy. We've all seen the meltdowns. You all know how I feel about Elvis, and the only person I blame for his death, is US the public. We expect SO much from these people who we call stars, but who are actually just human beings like us.
I feel sad this happened, but I also think it's better for the children to grow up having the love of two parents instead of watching their mother constantly berrating and belittling their father in front of them. Her daughters would most likely grow up to be just like her and her sons would have self esteem issues, IMO.
Cheating is wrong, but cheating does not and should not always be the end to a marriage. Did we see them seek counseling? No. And most likely because their love has died and ended. Kate does seem to love the spotlight and Jon wants to live quietly away from all of that. Those two combinations simply do not work.

Latest posts

Back