Big Busted Women

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vyxxin

RAF Chins
Hey all you big busted gals...question for you all :) I've been big busted my whole life...when I was thinner and definitely now that I'm overweight...and since I've had children...anyhow, the question is this...all my life I just bought cheap "disposable" bras. Ones that if they became damaged it was no big deal because they were inexpensive. SO, I'd like to buy a "GOOD" support bra...can anyone with knowledge on the subject suggest either a brand that is known for quality/support or even a specific bra by a brand. I'm not looking for "top of the line" $100+ bra...just a "mid-range" get the job done bra in the range of $30-50 :)

The best thing I"ve found (and I've spent loads on bras) is Playtex Secrets. Style 4505. Had these ones for 3 years (bought 3 colors cause I liked them that much in the store!). They were about $25 and I got them at a store in the mall here that sells Hanes and other common name under garments.

And if you're looking for a sports bra- Hanes Sport Seamless Pullover Sports Bra Style G467F $12 at Walmart.

Last edited:
I stick to Lane Bryant... I get the Plunge bras and they're soooo comfortable! They're the only brand I've found to fit me. I have about 20 of them in different colors. They have an air pad you can stick in them to make you more rounded, which I think is a plus. I normally get them Buy One Get One Free.

http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique/bras/plunge/4043c4044c110/index.cat

Oh I agree w/ 3Cs. Definitely go and get a fitting done if it's been a while since your last one. The right size makes all the difference in the world!

The Walmart bras are just awful now. I agree, go to Macy's when they are having a sale and try on a few to see what you like.

What I hate now is that all the bras are really stretchy and offer very little support. OR, they are that awful foam style that doesn't seem to hold things in and down properly. Oh, and the GIANT back strap that's about four inches wide if you're over a C cup...what is up with that thing there? Macy's has a better selection, or maybe even a place like Sears would be worth looking at their lingerie section. Target used to have decent bras, but they seemed to have done what Walmart has done with bra selection. Another thing, if you have an outlet center near you, they may have a undergarment outlet store...that would definitely be a good place to go because you could potentially find a place that sells only bras and underwear!

But, if all else fails, call around and find a place that makes custom bras. It's pricey, but I have heard that it's really worth the extra expense.

Just adding...definitely get fitted. I was wearing a bra that was way too big for me a couple years ago. My size changed from a 38D (38 DD in some cases) to a 36D. It's really much better now... I didn't know it was possible to change from a 38 to a 36...that was amazing to me.

Last edited:
Wacoal is what I wear and love 'em (36DDD here - no, I'm NOT bragging, you could have 'em). They're NOT cheap...but they're SOOO worth it! Think this woman that's modeling this bra does not require such a bra...think they should get a larger breasted woman to model this one. Anyway...here's a link to the style I wear. And, here's a link for all the Wacoal bras that are available via Dillard's. :)

Also wanted to say, I have a hard time with those that have a padded cup - that's just stupid for those of us who already have everything we could ever want and more! Why they even put those in the larger cup sizes, I'll never know. Wacoal doesn't do too much of that...and definitely does not do it in the style that I wear daily. Very good support, very good minimizing achieved, natural look.

Oh yeah, and it's a "Fit for the Cure" style (Susan G Komen) as well.

I have also had this problem. I got measured at a 34E about a year ago. It is just so dang hard to find a good fitting bra. I usually end up with using a DD from walmart or something, but you are right, they are not much support with all the stretchy material. I am not sure where the OP was located, but I am in Michigan, and the lady that altered my wedding dress said to go to Bras That Fit, in Jackson, MI. I am not sure of the website, but am pretty sure I have seen them online. I have one bra from them, and it fits great, but need to get in touch to get some more.
The only crappy thing is that they are more expensive, but worth it.

Also wanted to say, I have a hard time with those that have a padded cup - that's just stupid for those of us who already have everything we could ever want and more! Why they even put those in the larger cup sizes, I'll never know.

I TOTALLY agree. I Hate when I see bras for us DD+ sizes that are padded. Can we say STUPID?

I went to VS and was fitting once... it was terrible, I spent $50 on a bra that didn't feel good at all.

What I hate is that people seem to make a bra for little people ( no offense ) and just "make it bigger" for bigger people! I especially find the problem that the cups are spaced for apart, then my boobs look like there is a 6" gap between them, I don't find this appealing or attractive! Or they never have enough in the middle and then my boobs fall out there... I've found a good demi cup style really works well.

We don't have macy's around here, but I know, especially if you can find the old gals sometimes, at Dillards, Yonkers, and Herbergers they'll offer to fit you around here.

That's why I like Lane Bryant. Their bras are made to fit larger women. They will fit you there on the spot and they have many to choose from. I'm a 44DDD, so I have a really hard time getting bras to fit. The padding in the bras they have isn't in the front, it's on the sides and can be removed (and it's made of air, not fabric!). It doesn't make you look any bigger by any means, just makes you look more "fuller" and "rounder".

Getting fitted does make a huge difference, plus the salesperson usually knows what styles will work for you.......this is mostly in macy's and lord& taylor and other high end stores.
if you dont have any of those around you can actually try bras on in the dressing room.
once you find a style that you like, save the tag!! that way next time you know what you wear.
i too have been fitted at VS, but they bras they sell make me look like i have 4 breasts!
and i used to get these cheapie cotton underwire bras at walmart that actually fit pretty well. were thicker for the "modesty" factor but not padded and they stopped selling them! they have these crappy ones that leave like riven said a 6 inch huge gap.
not flattering.
and i agree when i was thinner before having a baby & now just lazy it was nice to be ample, now i just have a backache & have to always wear a bra!

They did stop selling those bras. I can't find cheap bras like that anymore. :( It makes me wish that I had stocked up when they were around. No one told me that they'd switch to the stupid push up bras exclusively at Walmart and Target.

not sure if you have a K-mart by you susan, but they still carry them there. I just grabbed a grey or is it gray one the other day!
if you want to PM me your size, style, & color, i would be glad to look and pick a couple up for you and mail them (we can trade for hay!! my boys LOVE the hay. love it!)

I don't mind pushing them up, if I didn't they'd be at my belly button and I'd have a black eye anytime I ran up the stairs! If my boobs look bigger, my belly looks smaller! LOL

I don't mind pushing them up, if I didn't they'd be at my belly button and I'd have a black eye anytime I ran up the stairs! If my boobs look bigger, my belly looks smaller! LOL

I have the same problem....I hate sitting down if I dont have a good push up on :) And dont get me started on stairs or running lol

Nordstroms will do fittings also.
Does anyone have a problem with them riding up?

I don't trust VS for fitting. I went there, I was told I was a 36 C. Tried on the bras they handed me--I was double cupping in more places then just the top. I was hanging out the top, sides and bottom!

My sister ended up getting a job at SOMA. I was fitted by her, and I was a 36DDD(Can you say, big difference???). Their bras are comfortable, fit well, and not HORRIBLE priced--especially if you grab them on a sale day. You can easily get a nice bra for $20. My ONLY complaint--is they don't hold up that long. GRanted, i've heard you should change bras every 6 months--but with what they cost, I wear em' til they fall apart.

Latest posts

Back