Big Busted Women

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 42 DD, I love Lane Bryant, the Cacique bras are the best I have ever had for comfort and a huge range of sizes. I think I have maybe one other from walmart, though I avoid wearing it if I can. I have seen that too where a bra is padded or has air cushions, and I wonder why. I want Minimizing, not extra!

Lane Bryant has some really good sales that go on, they are also the only place I will go for panties now. The String bikinis are amazingly comfortable and IMHO great when you get the 5 for 25 sale and a discount coupon online.

I think Susan is saying my belly looks big whether my boobs do or not! :lmao:

I hate finding a bra that is super supportive that doesn't just squish them all down! When I ride I need something that keeps them in or they start bouncing around and falling out... it's not a good deal at all!

I wish it was easier to find big bras that look CUTE. I don't want to take my shirt off and be wearing the same bra as my grandma... :( I always see cute ones, but either they don't have them in anything bigger than a 36C or, by the time they get that big it's more like a big plaid picnic blanket than a cute plaid bra!

You're just shopping at the wrong places! :p Lane Bryant has some really cute bras. I also only own their understuffs.

I actually have had very good luck with Victoria's Secret. I'm a 36DD, and I'm always able to find bras there that fit me well and are comfortable. Sometimes I have to try on several different bras to figure out which one(s) are best, but I'm always satisfied with what I get (except for the Ipex bra I bought; that thing was worthless).

Lane Bryant and Victoria's Secret are the same bras in different sizes! Different models too.

During my last pregnancy I sized out of VS when I was measured there and they sent me across the hall to Lane Bryant, they also run smaller band sizes and very large cup sizes. Like 34's and stuff.

Padding is for those (especially after nursing) who "show" more in the front. Can be nice when you work with guys.

Padding is also for those who have 2 different cup sizes. You need to buy for the larger one, but then the other is just kind of sitting in a fairly large cup! Again came blame nursing for that one (one side produced a LOT more milk).

I Hate when I see bras for us DD+ sizes that are padded. Can we say STUPID?

I personally like a little padding or lining around my 38DDs b/c depending on the week, they're so sore I can't run down/up stairs or squeeze past a book shelf without horrible pain. (Pcos, among other hormonal issues run in my family). At least if I have a 1/4" layer of something else between me and the thing I'm running into it doesn't hurt as badly.

I understand the need for a LITTLE padding/cushion, however, I've seen bras that are padded for a DD like some of them are for A cups- It's way too much.

The main problem I have is finding a large cup with a size 34. It seems like all of the bras in the regular stores are larger around, and the ones that are smaller around have smaller cups. Ugh,...sometimes I hate having big boobs. :(

Sheena this will sound odd, but go search babycenter.com for bras. A lot of women who end up nursing are small band sizes with larger cups. I have seen a lot of companies listed that don't make nursing bras, but really nice ones for up to a 32 F. Those playboy models have to get their bras somewhere :)

Victoria Secret is horrible. Rhiannon went there to be fitted (unfortunately, yes, she inherited the beasts) and the crap they sent her home with was awful. Padded, low cut, as you said Nicole with the breasts so far apart you could have fit a third one in there. The bras didn't hold up (as in, fell apart) and had zero support (even their "super duper" support bra).

We went to Yonker's, which I guess is the equivalent of a Macy's out here. The lady there measured Rhiannon, and went out and found her the bras to try. She finally found a bra that really fit, had support, and we bought four of them AND kept the box tag. :) I got fitted on my way to Ohio once at an outlet store in Iowa, a Just My Size store. I found a bra that was absolutely perfect, and just kept the end part of the box so any time I need one, I just reorder them online.

Sheena, I'm in the same boat as you. I wear the Ipex from VS now, but it just doesn't have enough coverage to prevent spillage when I'm doing something like lifting laundry out of the dryer *sigh.* I'm always pulling and tugging at it. I looked on Lane Bryant, but didn't see that they carry anything in 34 on their website.

it just doesn't have enough coverage to prevent spillage when I'm doing something like lifting laundry out of the dryer *sigh.

LMAO.... spillage... that's exactly how it is though. It's all fine as long as you don't move, turn, or bend!

My mom told me "Im sorry, I was never so well as endowed as you" one time. She guesses I got them from my gramma on my dad's side. It kind of annoys me. She goes without bras all the time, even horse back ridding.

I have a hard time with those that have a padded cup - that's just stupid for those of us who already have everything we could ever want and more! Why they even put those in the larger cup sizes, I'll never know.

So your nipples don't stick out when you get cold. Big boobs = big pointy nipples. Or so the lady at Dillard's told me. :D

They have quit making every bra I've found comfortable, so when I blow the last one out I have to go physical bra shopping every few years. Ugh

Thanks for all the input :) Like I said, I've had boobs since I was like...12? I mean boobs...38C boobs! But never really put much thought into bra buying...if it came from Wal-Mart it was good enough...not anymore. At 42DD I just need more support! SAnyhow, I was looking at some Wacoal and bali on ebay and they seem to "suggest" good support...I'll be checking into Lane Bryant next chance I get...and maybe Macy's if I can locate one :) I really don't like ordering bras offline because I can go to any store, try on 20 bras...buy maybe 1 and still not be pleased with it :) Anyhow, thanks so much for all the help...I figured all the ladies on here knew where the goods were

I am having a similiar problem. I used to be a 42 DD and didn't really care what I wore. Now that I lost alot of weight-they shrunk big time. I measure a 36 B with tons of loose skin...so a 36 B really doesn't fit. I need a C cup for all the spillage. I found that maidenform keeps those babies nice, tight, and lifted. I need to have reconstruction in that department.

Although-being pregnant the girls look normal. I hope they stay that way.

Jessica

Latest posts

Back