You Know You Own/Are owned by Chinchillas When...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you look away for more than 2 seconds and then see "ljskdvbnaliu6qo934ht9oqb np/cwecpnbr98" on your computer sceen.....

Mine HAVE TO stand on my laptop keys.

When you look away for more than 2 seconds and then see "ljskdvbnaliu6qo934ht9oqb np/cwecpnbr98" on your computer sceen.....

When you look away for more than 2 seconds and see a blank document where seconds ago there was a four page research paper. That was a scary 5 minutes because he somehow managed to save the file after his revisions.

When you've read every post on this forum, even the ones going way way back.

When you walk into your room and freeze, because your chin is at the bars and you don't want to scare her away. You creep over and try to give scritches without making any sudden movements.

When you become nocturnal/crepuscular just because you don't want your chin being too bored and you want to play with them at night.

When you look away for more than 2 seconds and see a blank document where seconds ago there was a four page research paper. That was a scary 5 minutes because he somehow managed to save the file after his revisions.

HAHA, its happend to me before. :neener:

When you adapt your schedule to your chinchillas just so you can spend more time with them.

When the slightest squeak causes you to jump out of the tub to streak through the house soaking wet only to find out they were having a bad dream.

You freak out at your husband/boyfriend for throwing out toilet/paper towel rolls and cardboard boxes because the chinchilla would want that!

You won't get too intimate in front of the chinchilla because you don't want to confuse her.

You spent all day reading chinchilla forum posts instead of cleaning your place.

When you contendedly fall asleep to the sound of a small creature pulling hay from a bin, the sound of feet running on wheel, the sound of poopies plinking off shelves onto hardwood flooring, the sound of teeth chewing twigs or toys.:thumbsup:

when all your co-workers save you their toilet paper & paper towel tubes for you to bring home for the fur balls to play with

Trying to arrange vacations results in so much stress about finding a chin-sitter, getting all of the supplies ready, writing up emergency phone numbers and instruction sheets, and checking in on whomever has them multiple times a day that you either don't go out of town without taking your chin, or just don't take vacations *period*.

When you are already running late for work, but can't help to stop by and say good-bye to your chins...while doing this they do something ridiculously adorable that warrants you to watch them an extra 15 minutes hoping they do something else. All in all making you much later than you should have been and you don't even care because you can still picture the adorableness you just had the opportunity to witness.

when your mom says " you keep spending your money on chin supplies what aboutme?"
(i have a job that requires a lot of walking around my neighbourhood and my mom helps me, i keep saying 'i should get fleece' or ' i should start on that hammock' and 'i'm gonna have lots of fun tomorrow adding toys')

when you know exactly which looks your chinchilla gives you mean. For instance my 12 year old chinchilla will get on her tower look down at me and if i dont bow to her to let her slide down my back she gives me a mean look and digs at the tower in anger. Im completely owned.

when you know exactly which looks your chinchilla gives you mean. For instance my 12 year old chinchilla will get on her tower look down at me and if i dont bow to her to let her slide down my back she gives me a mean look and digs at the tower in anger. Im completely owned.
How cute! :neener:

Back