You Know You Own/Are owned by Chinchillas When...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you pull an all nighter doing schoolwork and instead of going to bed early the following night you're trolling CnH for cute pics at 11:30 at night
when your friends think you're nuts because you HAVE to be home at a certain time for playtime, even if you are right in the middle of doing something

I love these, and am scared by how many I can relate to, too true! :laughitup:

When a book 'mysteriously' falls off a shelf, you bend over to pick it up only for a large rodent to take the opportunity to jump heavily down onto your head...and you don't even blink.

When you don't play your favourite music without headphones any more because a certain fluffy someone hates it and will sulk.

When you have in depth discussions about all the movies and TV shows you watch, and even though the other party in the conversation only says 'squeak', you can manage to disagree (I thought the 2009 Sherlock Holmes film was a total travesty, but judging by his rapt expression he thought that at least the action sequences were cool).

When you get your chin to 'sign' people's Birthday cards by nibbling the corner, and expect the recipient to be as charmed by it as they would be by a young child's attempt to write their own name.

When planning a new set up in your chinnies cage (of shelves and ledges) you sit infront of the cage after setting it up without your chin in it, and picture your imaginary chin jumping around to see if it works :).

Or is this just me? Cause now I am worried =/

Yup that was me today! I was so excited when I saw the FedX pull in my driveway. I was all excitied...jumpimg all around...My Chin cookies and Salad is here....ran to the door to much surprise it was 2 new Dish Network boxes. Grrrrrrr

When planning a new set up in your chinnies cage (of shelves and ledges) you sit infront of the cage after setting it up without your chin in it, and picture your imaginary chin jumping around to see if it works :).

Or is this just me? Cause now I am worried =/

Oh, Mae, I'm so happy and excited for you!!! :thumbsup:

Noooooooooo!! No new chinnie yet :( This is what I always did when setting Macy's cage up differently! Lol! Sorry! I will make it very clear around here whenever I decide to adopt another little one!!!

...when the thought of a vacation turns your stomache cause you don't want to leave your babies in anyone else's care!

...when you go to Wal-Mart and everything in the cart so far is for you chinchillas...

...and on the drive home you're excited to explore your new chin supplies. :D

when you have to will yourself to not go into petsmart to see what else is there that is safe and that your furbutt would enjoy destroying :))

You spent all day reading chinchilla forum posts instead of cleaning your place.

Thank god there is no internet yet at my new apartment. I just moved and haven't gotten it hooked up yet...not that I've done much unpacking. I'm too busy having playtime with my baby when I'm not at work. =p Though all I do is sit on here when I'm working....lol

When you make a trip to the grocery store JUST for Shredded Wheat, which you have never bought before in your life.

When the biggest decision of your day is what fleece pattern to choose for a hammock from an online store.

When suddenly your plans to buy a house go from wanting a 3 bedroom to a 4 bedroom - we NEED a room for the chinchillas!

When you start yelling at pet store employees for not knowing if certain toys are chinchilla-safe, beyond a picture of a chinchilla on the package.

...when the thought of a vacation turns your stomache cause you don't want to leave your babies in anyone else's care!

That and when you do finally decide to go on vacation you leave 5 pages of typed instructions for your friend who's chin sitting or when you decide to leave your chin at the vet's cause she's sick and you can only whittle the instructions down to 3 pages...and you pray they don't hate you for it.

Back