You Know You Own/Are owned by Chinchillas When...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...when you have a dream about eating apple pellets with your chinchilla. :wacko: (Much like I did last night. It was so weird.)

...when ALL your nightmares involve the air conditioning going out (or some version of it being too hot) despite the fact that you have about 4 extra window unit air conditioners, a generator, a freezer full of ice bottles, a a/c technician on 24 hr emergency call, etc etc etc.

When your 6 year old asks if you need more Oxbow or hay
When you show strangers photos of your chin babies on your cell phone
When it's okay to have an allergy fit from cleaning cages and handling hay
When you are up all night, not nursing your human babies, but hand feeding kits
When you get a great deal of enjoyment just from watching chins popcorn in a clean cage
When you worry about the air going out, not because of you, but because of the chins
When monitoring the size and firmness of poo doesn't faze you

When you're getting ready to take a trip, and you start searching rescues and Craigslist in the city you'll be visiting to see if there are any chinnies in need.

You know you have chinnies
You have had ankle surgery and have to sleep on the couch where the chinnies are and listen to their wheels, chewing and are concerned when you didnt here Jose chewing right, crawl over to cage and see that he is asleep with stick in mouth and worry that he hurt himself then get stink eye from awake chin and are relieved he is okay.
Grow trees and roses just for the chinnies.
get excited when you find PVC pipe in garage that is PERFECT for the chinnies.
You dream of the perfect chinnie play area.

When your friends compliment you on the glitter you are wearing and you realized its just chin dust.

When you see hip-hop street dancers do a flip off the wall and instead of being impressed you think, my chin can get more air time than that.

While others are picking which piece of granet would go good with their decor you are picking which would keep your chin cooler.

...when they are no longer Chinese Finger Traps, but Bamboo Shredders.

...when you're getting a pedicure with a friend and confuse everyone by pointing to the pumice and saying "Bucket chews on that."

...when the cage moves onto the kitchen table because it's coolest in the kitchen in the summer. so what if you have no where to eat?

....when you don't really mind if your books get chewed because now they are "loved"

...when you know which tv show your chin prefers - and tell people this. (Dr. Who, btw)

...when you spend WAY more on your one-pound, caged rodent than your friends do on their cats.

...when you go to the vet because your chin has been sneezing, although it has stopped by the time you get there. They can get bad URIs, okay?

...when your shirts are missing buttons because your chinnie manages to bite through all of the thread in the one second you looked away from her cute little face

...when your shirts are missing buttons because your chinnie manages to bite through all of the thread in the one second you looked away from her cute little face

I wish it was only missing buttons in my house! (Those I can stitch back on in a minute.) One night I had a crying fit during their playtime, so Crash tried to make me feel better by grooming a hole into my left eyebrow. Went to work like that for over a week before it started growing in... :hair:

When start selling belongings over ebay...

When my vet bill today was $375 for a chin's cut from fighting... Ouch! Help!!!! I am going to sell my stuff on ebay to earn my chins' vet bill from now on. Check my stuff out. My ebay id is hkkjstwcl. :tantrum:
Thanks!

This thread is too funny just because almost all the posts apply to me.
You know you are owned by chinchillas when they want to hump your arm or your feet :hilarious:

Yup, I've walked out of the door for a job interview after snuggling Bryson, only to notice everyone staring at my boobs when I got there. It was only then I noticed I was missing 3 buttons :oops:

-You'll book a hotel reservation, go out of town for a chinchilla show, but not for your own anniversary.
-The color of your walls are based on what best compliments the color of your chinchilla's fur. (no red, yellow, or like colors)
- Spend more time preparing apple wood than I would an actual home cooked meal for the family. Can you say takeout? lol

Haha!

:laughitup:

-You'll book a hotel reservation, go out of town for a chinchilla show, but not for your own anniversary.
-The color of your walls are based on what best compliments the color of your chinchilla's fur. (no red, yellow, or like colors)
- Spend more time preparing apple wood than I would an actual home cooked meal for the family. Can you say takeout? lol

when friends ask you if you want to do something later and you refuse because you didnt let your chinny out last night and he needs extra playtime

everyone you know knows your chin

when you notice somethings missing and you check his cage ( this actually happened once i was cutting something once and i looked down and saw ricky pulling my scissors away, by the handles, strong littleboy and a few seconds later was taking my tape into his house)

You refer to your room as his room

when you have free time you make a chinchilla calendar

when you are showing them to someone new, you hold their poos in your hand. Then the new person sees and thinks I'm insane. Hey, they are dry and hard... it's not like a dog poo or something.

when you talk about them non-stop.

when can't wait until dark when they come out just so you can watch them. The highlight of my day!

when you spend 350 on two FNs just because they were too good of a deal and the boys need more room... And to boot, you use a credit card because, well I can pay that off a little at a time.

when you buy more for them in a month than you buy for yourself... Yeah, spent over 1000.00 since I have had chins... Got my first in August... ARGH!

When you inform the entire house to be quiet because the chin is sleeping.
When you call them by name in a sing-song voice.
When you stop everything you're doing because you notice a chin is close to the bars and would like a scritch.

Back