You Know You Own/Are owned by Chinchillas When...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when all the shoes in the play room are covered in chin dusty footprints and you take a picture and send it to your boyfriend the second you notice it.

when you dare not make a noise during the day in the living room because you dont want to wake her up.

when your friends come to your house and the first thing you want to do is show them videos of chins doing cute things.

you put off vacuuming or cleaning during the day because shes just going to get it all messy again later that night.

When you hang out with friends and they tell you, that you sparkle like Edward Cullen. D;

When you turn around for two seconds and you hear something thump you can't imagine what they got into now.

When you friends buy you chinchilla supplies for your birthday, christmas, etc.

When you talk about popcorning people think your talking about food.

When your grumbling to yourself in the pet store because you can't find what they want and everyone around you is looking at you like your nuts.

When your siblings (or kids) try to hop like a chinchilla.

Even when all you get is a stink eye it still makes your day.

When your family members see you take out the chinchilla dust and evacuate the room.

When you come home from being away from the house for 2 weeks due to surgery and rehab, and head right for the chins cage before even taking off your coat...because you were worried the entire time she forgot you.
And your FIRST evening home you make your hubby take her out to the playroom so you can sit with her...and you burst into tears because you missed her so much.
:cry3:

...when you're new boyfriend (who had no idea what a chinchilla was) starts going home to feed "the kids" and asks you after you've gone to work if you've already fed them. And, came up with a better name that stuck for your new chin. He's been chin-washed!!!

When you enter a Secret Santa group to get a present for your chins, then get RIDICULOUSLY excited when they get something really cool!

When you're asked what you'd like for Christmas and your reply is, "A new Shop Vac".

I asked for a shop vac the first year, a jig saw the second, and a power sander the third. This will be the first Christmas since I got him that I don't want/need a power tool to build him stuff.

...that probably says a lot right there... :laughitup:

you know you are owned by a chin when:
- you see your neighbours trimming their apple tree and you offer to take away all the garden waste, and excitedly cut the branches, wash them in boiling water 3 times, then have a massive bake off
-consequently your house/flat constantly smells of apple pie due to stick cooking.
-you finish a loo roll and immediately have to decide which cage gets the new toy...
-you no longer need an alarm clock as the chins start bouncing at 6:00 every morning.
-you learn to comfort others in your sleep: *chin starts barking* "whats wrong? i'm here, dont worry, calm down"
-6 inches up in the 'chin room' has chewed wooden bits and pulled off wall paper.
-when you walk in the chin room you feel like you're at the beach from stray dust.
- you see a beautiful cage, and don't think twice about just buying it because you know its a bargain and will be useful.
-you can justify owning 7 cages when you have only 3 pairs of animals.
- you are excited about making some new shelving and 'decorating' a cage.
- you don't think twice when you see clumps of fluff just floating about a room.
-you laugh when you get into bed and are greeted by chin poo, even though there is no chin in the room.
-most of your photos are of funny chin poses.
-whenever anyone walks into the room your chin lives in they always go ''awww''

thats my chin list....i'm also owned by degus and rats though....so theres so so much more!

- when the 2 year old you take care of refers to your chin as "my babyboy" because that's what they've picked up from you
- when people ask you if you're a vampire because you sparkle in the light

when you regret not getting the pecan farm in Valdosta that had out buildings that had power and ac and heat because they would have made a great chin barn..and you did not even own chins back then!

or when you are considering getting a portable barn and running power and ac to it so that the chins have their own house!

When they escape, eat a part of the couch that your husband spent hours fixing, and afterwards your husband reassures you by saying:
"It's okay, that was KD Pine, so it's safe for them to eat"

When you tell your seamstress mother you're finally learning how to use a sewing machine "to make things for the boys"

when you're walking around your neighbourhood and see a twig on the ground and wonder 'what kind of wood is that?'

when you browse the online classifieds at least once a day in the hopes of finding a FN for a decent price.

when you discover that your gum has been replaced by a stalk of timothy hay, and you enjoy chewing on it!

Back