What's your day job?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a cook at a large (very large) university. I make soups by day, grill chicken boobs and stir-frys by night, and flip crepes for brunch on Sundays. I do not have a culinary degree, rather pursued an English degree at the same university with a hefty tuition discount as a benefit of being a full-time employee there. I will be starting classes back up again and going for a masters in biology - genetics option.

So, although I'm not bored with my job foods just isn't my passion in life, not even close really, but it keeps the chins fed and has decent benefits.

I'm a cook at a large (very large) university. I make soups by day, grill chicken boobs and stir-frys by night, and flip crepes for brunch on Sundays. I do not have a culinary degree, rather pursued an English degree at the same university with a hefty tuition discount as a benefit of being a full-time employee there. I will be starting classes back up again and going for a masters in biology - genetics option.

So, although I'm not bored with my job foods just isn't my passion in life, not even close really, but it keeps the chins fed and has decent benefits.

And got you a house!

I'm a paralegal at a personal injury law firm. I handle mostly workers' compensation claims for the states of NC and SC, but do a little bit of everything. It's an interesting job. You hear a lot of crazy and interesting stories, and meet a lot of crazy and interesting people.

My dad is the county Coroner in the town where I am from, and has been since I was just a kid. I've always had an interest in forensics and studied Criminal Justice in college with plans to pursue that. I was working at a law firm as a receptionist while I was in school and was offered a paralegal position when there was an opening. I started doing that and have been doing it ever since. I figure 13 years is a lot to put into a job and then just change career fields, so I know the only move I can make at this point is to go to law school. Maybe one day...

im a dog groomer! at my salon im the one you go to if you have extremely matted, extra large dogs, and temperamental dogs. im very patient but quick when i need to be. i love my job very much and the people i work with however sometimes the pet parent just doesnt understand when we need more time to complete the groom.

and umm ALLI....send me a link to your etsy sites! when im not on cnh im addicted to online window-shopping!

lol alright :))

I've got 3...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InuInspirations for dog and cat collars and toys
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CamphorChins for things like I sell in my own shop, I just use up my extra fleece and supplies and list them there
and
http://www.etsy.com/shop/LilasLocker for vintage and craft supplies that I no longer need

They're not really well stocked right now because I took a break over spring time but now I'm back to listing things there daily

im a dog groomer! at my salon im the one you go to if you have extremely matted, extra large dogs, and temperamental dogs. im very patient but quick when i need to be. i love my job very much and the people i work with however sometimes the pet parent just doesnt understand when we need more time to complete the groom.

wish i could find someone like you in NJ. they are far & few between. difficult to find someone who actually cares about your pet & if they are in pain or not.

I am a proposal coordinator (writer) and have been here for 5 months and I love it. I get to write multi-million dollar deals some days :) I have a BA in English and Political Science and a MS in Communication. One of these days I am going to have my own business - probably a cupcake shop.

Im an admin/surgical scheduler for a breast cancer surgeon, been working in the women's cancer center for the past 14 years and still loving my job. There are good days and really tough days. On a daily basis I can be anything from shoulder to cry on, social worker, loved one venting post and surgery scheduler. I'm at my best when I feel like I'm helping others and I know that my patients appreciate me and that I'm making a difference for them and making a very difficult time in their life a tad bit easier whenever I can. I'm on the phone with women (or their significant other) 8-9 hours a day and when I get home like nothing better then heading to the chin room to hang out with my furries and let the stress of the day abate a bit and recharge my batteries.

Last edited:
I'm a massage therapist, running (technically, still growing) my own practice. I also work PT front desk/hostess at a small local historic hotel & restaurant.

oh yeah... and just for fun, I do *those* kind of parties ;)

Plus I take care of 4 chins, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 BF, 1 BF's brother, and 2 teenage boys (every other weekend)...

Well, I just got a new job as a Accounts Receivable Administator. I start next week. YAY!

Oh, and I also like to make jewelry but I haven't made much lately. It wasn't selling so I quit spending money on the supplies. I still have a boatload of stuff though!

I have been with Target for 20yrs and currently I am on the Price Change team and love it :thumbsup:

My dream job would be a Vet tech but my husband says no because I would bring all the animals home that the owners no longer wanted :oops:

Back