West Coast 2010 Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

We are set to go, people!! Announcing the 2010 West Coast Chapter MCBA Show on September 11, 2010. Location will be the Pickering Barn (in the Hay Barn), 1730 10th Ave. N.W., Issaquah, WA 98027. Tentatively Jack Humphries is scheduled to be the judge. We will have raffles (if you have something to donate, please contact Claire Russell at [email protected].)

We will have more details coming as we flesh out the event. There will again be a baby derby with every paid entry fee. Entry fees will be $5 per animal for MCBA members, $4 per baby derby entry for animals 4 to 6 months, non-MCBA member fees will be $6 per animal, $5 per baby derby entry.

We will be allowed to begin set up at 6:30 but we MUST be out by 3:00 SHARP. There is a wedding at 3:00, so plan to come early, have your grooming done quickly, the show starts at 8:30. There will be NO break for lunch, except for the Judge to have a quick bite, so bring your own, or plan to quickly run out between your animals being judged. There is a Costco right across the parking lot.

I will post hotels as we get closer to the date. Start dusting those "bunnies", all too soon it will be "Showtime." Email me with questions, Sue, at [email protected]. :thumbsup:

I'll try to plan on making it to this one and see if I can't bring some more California people with me. ;) I like lots of planning time so thanks for posting this super early!

Per time question: we're going to try something a little different where we're going to ask that you groom your animals in the order they'll be classified so classification can start at about 7:30/8:00 and the show will start at 8:30. Does that make sense?? So the first colors to be judged will be the first classified, and then the next. I just want to make sure we're done no later than 2:00 with presenting the trophies and cleaning up and out by 3:00. There's absolutely no wiggle room on the time.

Sound good??

Oh I might be able to go to this one! I was waiting and waiting for the announcement. I will be looking for another female to add to my "herd". Hopefully the californians will come, because they are awsome, i've been to the ECBC shows down there. I must say it was fun and informative, also good quality chins!

If anyone from my neck of the woods is going, or passing through oregon, I have an animal that I would be willing to donate for a raffle. I'm unsure if I will be able to attend. :)

Last edited:
I think I will be going to this as well, carpooling with Tabitha. I have never attended an MCBA show and am pretty excited! I estimate I will probably bring about 10 chins with me.

I am planning on going even if I have to leave the rest of the family home :p I'm in Philomath, OR and if you still need someone to transport an animal Phoenix let me know, I might be able to help. I'm really looking forward to a wonderful learning experience!

I am interested in getting a nice solid black Homo Ebony sometime soon and was wondering if anyone is planning on bringing one to this show for sale.

Either sex would be fine as long as it has a good temperament.

If, by chance, there is something more than a strained muscle wrong with my horse when the vet comes out on Wednesday then my financial plans may change. I hope that isn't the case though.

show question

does anyone know if there will be any shows in jacksonville or orlando fl anytime soon? i would love to go to one

does anyone know if there will be any shows in jacksonville or orlando fl anytime soon? i would love to go to one

You would have to ask the Southern Ohio Unit...they're east coast, none of us on the west coast will know a whole lot at this point about the east coast shows.

mrweaw - Try contacting Ronda about the Ebony, she usually brings a few to show. Her email is [email protected]

sheltiefan - The southern shows usually go on during the spring. Look up the thread on the one in Orlando for the southern chapter contacts.

Last edited:
I am planning on going even if I have to leave the rest of the family home :p I'm in Philomath, OR and if you still need someone to transport an animal Phoenix let me know, I might be able to help. I'm really looking forward to a wonderful learning experience!

We must get together! I'm about 15 minutes away ;)

Raffle items

Hi everybody. Well we are just about 7 weeks away from the show. :bliss:
We are still looking for a few more raffle items. Some ideas from items that we have had in the past are:

coffee basket
jewelry (like a necklace and earrings set)
gift cards

So if you would like to donate a raffle item, please contact or Sue Irvin [email protected] or myself at [email protected], with the item description and a picture if possible.

thanks
Claire

I'm excited for this show and the roadtrip up to WA. I will be bringing a raffle item but I am not yet sure just what. In the past I have brought chinchilla art, chin pendants, chinnie gift baskets... it will most likely be something chinchilla related for the "chinchilla enthusiast." :) How soon in advance do I need to let you or Sue know?

Back