Um...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the past week, week and a half, I've been feeling movement! WAHOO! It's my favorite part of pregnancy.

My "big ultrasound" is ONE WEEK from today. So next tuesday!

We also decided on switching away from my OB and going with a midwife and doing a homebirth/ water birth. Yep, you all can call me crazy, but I'm super excited!!

I wanted to do a home/water birth with my second son, but my husband and family thought I was crazy, and I never followed through with my desire. Good for you! Every gas bubble I had for months after my pregnancy reminded me of the baby moving inside of me, and I really missed that. Good luck with your "big ultrasound"!

Yeah dbf and his mom are totally on board. Actually, we wanted to do the same with Remy, but OB's are way different than midwives. So since we want water birth, we have to do it at home. Also, Dbf's mom is an RN and I'll most likely have her come her to watch Remy because I want him to be here to meet his baby bro or sis. I don't talk to my mom really so haven't told her my plans. And obviously they are MY plans, not hers, so she can think I'm crazy all she wants. Plus the hospital is all of 2 minutes from my house.

This makes me jealous! I'm 12 weeks and havent had an ultrasound or heard the heartbeat yet :/ My ultrasound is scheduled for june 6th.

Ohh how exciting! I almost wish I could go back to those early movements, now she's so big that it hurts when she stretches out. That will be so fun to find out what you're having though!

I'm with Alli! I miss the early movements, as well. I'm glad this one was a sticky baby! And good luck with you waterbirth!

I love the idea of a home birth, if I ever had a baby, thats how I'd do it. I HATE hospitals and doctors. Unfortunately with my back the way it is, it would be very very risky for me to try, there is over a 50% chance my spine would break. So no babies for me. :( Congrats on yours! And stand up for your right to do it YOUR way!

Dang I typed a response but.... it's not here. :lol:

Basically saying I hate hospitals, and especially needles, so homebirth is the way to go this time. My last birth was not horrible but definitely could have been better if I wasn't forced to have an IV and to lay on my back while pushing (gravity would tell me that this position is counter productive, IMO)

Profile view!
c49945e4-1.jpg

It's a girl!!!
b91213fa-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back