The new Critter Nation!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MzTay2010

This thread is for people with the New Critter Nation cage to show off pictures, discuss prices, and most of all show your chins enjoying themselves in the Critter Nation!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You have an awesome set-up--how do you like the new bar spacing?

I'm saving for one of those, currently the best price I have found is Pet Street Mall. Ferret.com will not price match them because it is listed as being on sale, but they do have free shipping.

This might be a really stupid question...but what's the difference between the Critter Nation and the Ferret Nation??

the only difference (as far as i know) is the bar spacing in the critter nation is less, 1/2 inch I think... whereas the ferret nation is 1 inch spacing...

oh and the bars are vertical for fn ( l l ) and horizontal for the critter (=)

the only difference (as far as i know) is the bar spacing in the critter nation is less, 1/2 inch I think... whereas the ferret nation is 1 inch spacing...

oh and the bars are vertical for fn ( l l ) and horizontal for the critter (=)

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbsup:

I like the bar spacing just fine, so if my chins have any babies I dont have to worry about them escaping.

cage dimensions

Yes my chins are spoiled, I buy them more things than I buy myself. But The dimensions are pretty much the same as the critter nation is 36"L x 24"W x 63"H, and the ferret nation is 36''L x 25''W x 62 1/2''H.

Baby Safe

They probably were referring to the ramps in the cage, but that problem is solved if you purchase fleece ramp covers off of ebay.I purchased mine from saplantlady on ebay and the store name is critter creations.

No, they were referring to the cage wiring. Baby safe is 1/2"x1/2". It needs to be small enough a baby can't fit its head through. Glad to see you're starting out on the right track to breeding with that cage...

Regardless if the wire were safe, it's not safe in height.

Critter Nation is baby safe!

No, they were referring to the cage wiring. Baby safe is 1/2"x1/2". It needs to be small enough a baby can't fit its head through. Glad to see you're starting out on the right track to breeding with that cage...

Regardless if the wire were safe, it's not safe in height.

Well height wise the bar spacing is 1/2".I mean seriously it really is not necessary to worry about the length of the bar spacing. If anyone else has seen this cage in person I'm sure they would also agree that a baby chin can not get out of it.A baby chins head can no fit through 1/2". Yes I am starting off on the right track, and destined for success.I know exactly what I'm doing.As far as the cage being height safe, thats why the shelves are removable.The cage can be separated so that I can put mom and babies on one level, and dad on another level.---Just fyi!

Yes I am starting off on the right track, and destined for success.I know exactly what I'm doing.

Are you going to be showing your chins and their babies to see if you're a successful breeder? Or what is your definition of successful? Just wondering.

My definition

Are you going to be showing your chins and their babies to see if you're a successful breeder? Or what is your definition of successful? Just wondering.
No I wont be showing them. My definition of successful would be being able to baby chins into the worls, and finding them a family who can appreciate all the love and excitement that a chinchilla can bring to their world.

No I wont be showing them. My definition of successful would be being able to baby chins into the worls, and finding them a family who can appreciate all the love and excitement that a chinchilla can bring to their world.

Anyone can bring baby chinchillas into the world. The question is if you are bringing high-quality chinchillas, to better the species- into this world.

Well everyone has their own definition of why they do certain things. At this point what anyone else says doesn't matter.End of conversation.

There are tons of (already born) chinchillas in rescues that need homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back