Pregnate chin is super aggersive!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the way it is with young breeders Azn-the post starts off "I have a question about blah blah cause i'm trying to get my chins to mate" and ends with "Oh no I'm not breeding, just asking questions for future reference" and then gets bumped with "My girl just had her first set of kits!" 4 months later.

hmm see this is what im talking about. your not interested in helping people you just focus on hearing your selves talk and being negative. you are not helping anyone.

Don't contradict yourself and be honest from the beginning without changing your story. I have seen MANY new "breaders" skew the teuth and change their stories. You are just allowing yourself to be grouped with them.

Maybe this will help explain from a "forum" perspective why you get some of the comments you got regarding this thread.

You started this thread about aggression in your pregnant female on 12/5. Last night, 12/8, you popped into chat and spoke with an extremely knowledgeable, kind, and time-giving person about the situation (not me). You asked many of the same questions you do here in this thread and were basically given the same advice.

You said you really wanted to put the female back with the male because the male was always calling out to the female, etc. You were told, unequivocally, not to do that and given some very specific reasons why not to and how it could result in potentially tragic results.

Despite being given excellent information from a very experienced chin person, you asked, once again, how you didn't like having them separated and how they could be together again so they could get back that loving feeling they once had. You were told that chins aren't like people, etc. etc.

Then without notice, you disconnected from chat without so much as a thank you or a goodbye. Now maybe you had a connection issue and later e-mailed the person that helped you to thank them, that I do not know.

I guess what I'm saying is…you asked questions. Maybe you did it in different ways, several times, but the answers have all been the same. You can choose to accept the great advice you are given…or not. That is your choice.

If you want to put Mom and Dad back together, but not breed, then get him fixed, wait 6 weeks for him to heal and sperm to die off (hey, you could do it now while she's rearing the kits), then re-intro them from the beginning. That is the ONLY way you're going to get them back together and not risk future kits, and that is only if the female accepts the male back into her territory.

I don't think anyone has been rude. they have been trying to explain about breeding quality. Personality is not breeding quality. If you breed just to have cute fuzzy babies that is considered back yard breeding.

I think my dog would be a great mom...she is sweet and loves me very much and loves puppies. She has bad hips, and is just a poor specimen but she is such a great girl/ Maybe I should breed her is that ok..would you support my efforts? (she has been spayed for years btw) But who cares about genetics and conformation the puppies would be so cute and she is just so in love with Journey my moms dog they are inseparable. They are so sad to be apart....

Why is that not acceptable for dogs but people think it is fine for chinchillas? shouldn't any animals be bred to improve the breed...heck people should only breed to improve the breed......

Every Tom, Dick and Harry is breeding now, it does not bode well for those of us who rescue.

We must remain firm in our endeavor, Dawn! In the best light, it is an opportunity for us to help so many more chins right :) Now if only they did not need the help...

Man Dawn, if only I lived a little closer to you! Maybe sometime soon I'll have to railroad down there and ease the load a little :)

I am completely full with 30 chins in residence, we have had to turn chins away because there is no space in the rescue.

Ugh, I am moving and *hoping* so much to get a place with a nice big basement or a great room that I can expand into to let me take in some more chins!

I'm going to do my best to go-just don't know what life will hold for me in March yet :) I have not participated in a railroad for chins yet (did once with an abandoned 6 day old kitten...sad ending though :( ) and would love too! Hopefully by then I'll be up and running in my new place well enough to do some real good.80;p

ETA: 80;p courtesy of a kit ;)

Because nothing bad ever happens. All you pay for is the animal, and it never needs anything other than food and water for the rest of its life. Sickness? What animal gets sick other than one that doesn't get good care? Pregnancy? HA! Everything goes smoothly and there are never any problems. Oh, and if there are you can always just replace the female with a new one who will continue to make money making babies. DUH DAWN. :rolleyes:

If I have room in a few months when people are going to shows back east, I'll help with rescues if need be. I'm getting pretty full myself. This past month I've taken in, I think, 15ish? It's hard to deal with so many coming in all at once when people aren't adopting the ones that are already here. I can usually help out, but right now I can't say for sure if I will be able to in a month or two. :( I've never turned away a chin needing anything, but maybe I will have to in this next year because I may actually run out of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back