On the Bandwagon

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 3 weeks if they induce me early but I'll find out for sure Wednesday. Otherwise, I'm only 2 weeks ahead of you! I can't wait to meet the munchkin, and I bet you feel the same way?

Haha, yeah, I can't wait! But then at the same time I'm like, labor is gonna suck! So that I could do without..

labor does suck, but the awesome fuzzy feelings you feel when you hold your baby totally erases all pain. You gonna go au natural? And bf I'm assuming?

Yeah, I'm gonna try my hardest to go natural. The hospital I'm birthing at offers waterbirth, so I'm gonna try that, which may help.

And yeah, we'll breastfeed, we're cheap for one thing, and we do Natural Family Planning, so that helps delay your cycles returning for most women.

We'll see how it all goes!

And you know we're cloth diapering. :D

So funny, my family thinks we're crazy for most of this, but who cares!

Dude I'm so jealous! My hospital didn't even offer a tub for laboring in, let alone birthing in. Only showers in my room! I was PO'd!!! This time we're heavily considering home birthing for that reason alone. (Oh and I hated the fact that the lady would NOT let me refuse the IV, and there were about 20 people-or so it seemed-watching me push, oh yeah and Remy had to stay in the nursery for like 5+ hours- just to name a few other reasons I'm considering HB) I want a water birth, dangit!!! And yay for breastfeeding. I don't know if you remember, but I bf'd Remy until he was 2 GASP! People were like wtf!? Ha! (So you know if you have any questions feel free to ask me- otherwise I belong to an awesome parenting forum with a great breastfeeding support group) I went on the minipill at 6 weeks but my period didn't start until he was 18 months. Woot! Hopefully the same this time too! Sounds like you and I are pretty much on the same page parenting wise. What about cosleeping? Babywearing? lol Yay for crunchiness!

Haha, that's awesome, yeah, we sound pretty similar! I have to double check with my OB about the waterbirth, but I'm hoping she's at least okay with me laboring in it if nothing else. She's been awesome so far with knowing I want a natural birth, so I'm hoping she is fine with it. I go on Thursday for my 32 week appt so I'm going to talk with her about it then.

The one good thing about the hospital is that they do let you keep baby with you all the time, not like some where they want to force you to put them in the nursery.

We have a tour of it tomorrow so I need to ask about iv's and all that fun stuff.

My husband would never go for a homebirth, but that's okay.

We're going to do a version of co-sleeping, it depends on what I end up being comfortable with. We're putting a pack and play next to the bed for her to sleep in, but I plan on nursing at night, so if I fall asleep with her in the bed with me, I don't care. I just wanted something next to the bed in case I feel like there's not enough room.

And I'm totally babywearing too. I actually made a Mei Tai just for that! That and I a have a sling, so we'll see what works for us.
IMG_5970.jpg

Alli, I did the family bed co-sleeping thing for my second. I loved having her close to me. Just make sure your girl can fall asleep on her own for naps, etc. Bella refused to sleep unless I was next to her and it made things very hard. I also breastfed and she refused a bottle, so I couldn't ever leave for more than a couple of hours until she was weaned. If I had to do it again, I would really make one of her feedings a day from a bottle (it can be breast milk, of course). That way my husband could take care of her if I wanted to get out for a few hours.

I'm sure you are getting more unsolicited advice than you know what to do with, but that's my two cents! :D

Cute!! I'm going to try my hand at making a mei tei. I have my "moby" (different brand but same thing) and an ergo. Did you put any padding in the straps? And as far as cosleeping, we pretty much co-slept/co-napped for the first 18 months. Very rarely in the first year could I get away long enough for him to stay asleep but it didn't bother me because I need the extra sleep too! lol We also started with a pack n play pushed up to the bed, but Remy hated it and thats why we coslept. If your little girl will sleep in it, great! If not, cool! The best thing to know about parenthood is to be flexible!! Are you going back to work?

Yeah, the straps are padded, for when she gets bigger. I used this tutorial, although it isn't very descriptive and I did some things differently
http://thelandofka.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/how_to_make_a_mei_tai1.pdf

I actually just work from home, I do my chinchilla and Etsy business full-time. So I don't have to worry about going back to work, but getting orders out will be a bit slow.

Looks very similar to the pattern I have. I just have no energy right now to do it. Or money to buy the materials at the moment. Soon though...soon! And yay for not having to "go back to work!!"

Yeah... I did everything in the second trimester. Even now I'm finding it hard to find motivation to do anything. I don't sleep well any more so I'm always tired. Good thing I made almost everything I wanted to make her already. Only thing left I really want to make is a diaper bag and then some hemp doublers/inserts.

One nice thing about making the Mei Tai is that you don't need to spend a ridiculous amount on it. I really like the look of the BabyHawks but no way was I going to spend around $100 on one!

And here's the AIO diapers I did get made up. I'm waiting til she gets here to see if they work, and if they do I have more supplies to make more :))

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5850.jpg

(they're both large newborn size and small size, hence the difference in sizes on that second picture)

Last edited:
:)) Thanks! I have more girly prints to do, but I didn't want to waste them if they didn't work out. So I can't wait to see if they fit okay.

No, they're all in ones, so the outer on them is PUL.

I used the Darling Diaper unlimited pattern, that's something like $12.

Looks like it was a month ago that I posted a picture, so here's a recent one. I'm 36 weeks now, so about a month left!

And this is as close as you're getting, I'm swelling up, and I don't like the way I look! Oh well, it will go away after the baby gets here! But I am so ready to be done. I just had my dr's appointment today and so far my body isn't ready to go, but I'm hoping she comes around her due date, I can't go much longer, I'm getting so cranky!

IMG_6353.jpg

Aww! You are very cute Alli! The diapers you made look great!

Latest posts

Back