My sweet baby Mako...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
I was so excited the day I saw your picture and knew I had to have you. I waited so many months for the day to finally come pick you up. I had always wanted a beautiful violet chinchilla and I knew you were mine the second I saw you.

The day finally came when it was time for me to come pick you up. I had been up all night and had to drive 3 hours just to pick you up. Those were some of the longest hours in my life.

The first time I held you, you looked at me, twitched your whiskers, and nibbled my nose. It was love at first sight. I fell in love with your beautiful fur and your adorable face. You were so calm, and snuggled with my hand on the ride home.

You were one of my only chins that would come out late at night with me and watch tv when I couldn't sleep, or just keep me company while I was doing homework or sitting at home bored and alone.

Today was one of the worst. I fought so hard for you. I have not cried this much since I lost my other baby, Neeko. It tore my heart into pieces watching you just lay there, trying so hard to breath. Cuddled up under my neck, making your soft squeaks at me. I finally told you it was okay to go, that I wouldn't be mad. And you left me 10 minutes later. I can sit here and struggle with your passing, but instead I will remember how much joy you gave me. How you could make me laugh so much by your impatience- rolling outside of the dust bath while Smudge hogged the whole time. Getting your fur all messy because you would roll on the fleece liner waiting your turn. I will miss rubbing my cheeks against your gorgeous soft fur. I will miss our late nights of sitting on the couch and watching re-runs. I can only take comfort in the fact that you are no longer in pain, it no longer hurts you to breath. You never got to meet Neeko before, but I hope he met you at the bridge and helped you along the way.

Mako is buried next to Neeko, under my grandma's apple tree. I thought I had so much more time with him, so please cherish every moment you have with your babies, because you just never know.

Rest in Peace my sweet baby Mako.
October 1, 2007 - March 29, 2009
IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

de746c4d.jpg

69746f65.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

Last edited:
I am so sorry, again, Stacie for your loss. He was a gorgeous chinnie, and much loved by you and adored by many on the forum.

We will all miss you Mako, you beautiful chinnie. Rest peacefully now. :hugs:

Is that the sweetest lil face 'er what! I'll remember him just like that. :cry3:

Rest in Peace Mako, you were so loved. I am so sorry for your loss Stacie, it is absolutely heart-breaking.

I just read the words you wrote Stacie and left for a moment and gave all my babies a kiss. I can only imagine how much your heart hurts for your baby. Keep strong and dont be afraid to cry for Mako. Lots of love.

Stacie.... I am heartbroken for you. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but I am very sorry for your loss, and he will be missed dearly.

I'm so sorry...He lived an amazing life and was DEFINITELY spoiled rotten. Rest Well Mako.

Stacie I'm so sorry you lost sweet Mako. He was such a great chin. He's pain-free now. :tissue:

RIP Little guy. Have fun with Neeko and Popcorn and the rest of the boys over the rainbow bridge. Keep watch over your mom, k?

I am sorry about your loss, please find comfort in knowing that you gave Mako the best life possible : ( My thoughts are with you.

Stacy...words cant express how you must be feeling right now. Know that Mako is watching over you, now you are his pet :eek:)
*Big Hug*!
Melissa

Oh Stacy, I am so very sorry for your loss and for the passing of such a precious little one. My thoughts are with you.

Stacie, I cannot even tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I know you are the best chinmom ever, and all of your furkids love you to the end. Again, if you need anything, I'm here for ya. Mako, rest in peace little one... :flowers7:

I cannot tell you how sorry I am. You fought so hard and I thought he was going to be ok. Those are the sweetest pictures, and your words to us to cherish our time with our chins is so true. You just never know what might happen. I think Mako lying eternally next to Neeko under an apple tree is a perfect place for him to be. You were a wonderful mommy and I am so sorry you have to be without your baby. May he RIP.

I'm a new member and therefore have not yet had the opportunity to get to know you or your beautiful boy, Mako. But I couldn't help but respond to this thread. My heart aches for you...

Mako was an absolutely gorgeous boy. And in the pictures you've shared with us, I can say without a doubt that he was a well-cared for and much loved chin. I did go back and read some of your previous threads and it was immediately obvious how much you love and adore your chinchillas. I also saw the thread concerning Mako's injuries and while it must be so devastating to have lost your sweet boy, I hope you can find comfort in the fact that he is no longer in pain and support in the outpouring of love offered by members here. I know, for me, that you, Mako, and your other loved ones (both furred and otherwise) will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight and going forward.

Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss. And while nothing anyone can say has the power to relieve you of your grief, I thank you for sharing Mako with us and I have no doubt that heaven's newest angel will be watching over you and yours.

Take care, sweet Mako. Even though I never truly knew you, I will never forget you...:angel:.

Stacie, I really don't know what to say. I can't believe this happened. Like I said earlier, I will be keeping you in my prayers, and I'm sending big hugs to you and the boys.

Rest in peace, sweet Mako. You were (are) loved, and will be missed greatly. :heart5:

Again, I'm really sorry about Mako. You never could have expected what happened. Smudge and Mako were best buds before- I remember the picture you took and cropped of them cuddling where it looked like a half white half violet chin, that made me laugh so much when you first posted it.

Back