February 5, 2011 Colorado Branch ECBC Sanctioned Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lauren, Shahna's co-worker is coming along for the road-trip. She doesn't own chinnies but she's going to learn all about 'em this weekend!

To the CO residents: how is the weather now and what kind of weather are you expecting this weekend? Weather.com is forecasting snow on Sat/Sun when we would be driving back to CA. How severe does it sound like it will be, from what you've heard on your local news stations?

Hmm, I might show up to check the show out, I've never been to one! Are there usually animals for sale? Im thinking of getting a new cage mate for Noodle.

Sometimes there are some animals for sale or you can ask someone at the show to bring one, this is the best option if you are looking for a young animal, often what's for sale at a show is older ( show age ) animals. I recommend coming, you can enter a raffle, you can see lots of chins, and meet a lot of people!

To the CO residents: how is the weather now and what kind of weather are you expecting this weekend? Weather.com is forecasting snow on Sat/Sun when we would be driving back to CA. How severe does it sound like it will be, from what you've heard on your local news stations?

Sumiko, the biggest problem for us has been the extremely low, sub-zero temperatures; only a couple of inches of snow -- nothing like the Midwest or East.

I just heard a tease from our best local station's weather guy and he said that we had 2 storms in the making...but right now it sounds like a tease for the 10:00 news. We are supposed to be in the 40s by Friday. I will keep you posted...

I also like to go to weather.com and see what TWC has to say. You can choose a date and a city, and it will give you a short and long-term forecast:

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Fort+Collins+CO+USCO0140?from=enhsearch_didyoumean

Last edited:

The weather is supposed to be good on Saturday and the 40% chance of snow on Sunday is hit or miss. Sometimes they get it right and sometimes they don't. I'm more worried about Wyoming for you guys. There's nothing there to block the wind and it's supposed to snow this Friday through Tuesday, though I don't know how much. Laramie, Rawlins, and Rock Springs all have similar forecasts.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.

We're still planning on going and Shahna had to ease my fears a bit since I didn't grow up around snow (I'm in the valley!). It doesn't seem like we will have any problems on the way to CO but we may have some delays on the drive back.

I'm still excited (although a tad bit nervous...)!

We're heading out tomorrow at three, I think that puts us there about 7 Colorado time.

I have this sweet little dwarf female that really wants a home if anyone coming is thinking of adding a chin, let me know!

OK, travelers -- I just got home and watched The Weather Channel. Although it did snow about 2 inches in Denver today, they are forecasting our high for tomorrow to be 47 (how's that for "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes???"). That usually makes it melt and the roads dry.

Saturday is forecast to be partly cloudy and 45; Sunday, snow showers and 33.

I think that everyone will have a nice day driving. When in doubt, watch The Weather Channel. The Wyoming DOT has a toll free # that you can call for road conditions -- 1-888-996-7623. I can't wait to see ALL of you!!!

Safe travels :thumbsup:

A couple spare pet chins seem to have made their way into my carrier... just in case they find a ride home with someone ya know.. :p

Wendy you will go to Colorado with Gene, but not to Michigan with Brenda?

Wendy you will go to Colorado with Gene, but not to Michigan with Brenda?

Brenda left before school was out! But if she wants to pick me up in a plane on the way to MI next time, I can be at CWA by 3:30! I just figured all you National Presidents had something like Air Force 1 at your beck & call? :neener:

Hmm - I do know a couple of pilots.. maybe we'll have to plan this better next time. ;) hehehe
Have a great show tomorrow!!!! Wish I was there!

Back