February 5, 2011 Colorado Branch ECBC Sanctioned Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you are comfortable in. :) Jeans, sweatshirt, whatever - it's pretty casual. We all prefer you don't wear red, yellow, orange, etc and then sit in the front row, though. It can affect how the chins appear to the judges.

Hope it's going well! Wish I could have made it....but to be able to move home...is a trade I'll take!

See ya'll at the next CO gig!

I just wanted to update some awards!

Shahna wiped up the room with everyone elses chins so her's had a clear run!

Shahna took both Champion and Reserve Mutation with two of the black's she brought.

Grand Show Standard went to Jerry Craner ( I told him he wasn't getting a free ride because it was his birthday but I guess it worked out in the end ) and Reserve Standard to... Shahna... again. She also have 5 out of the ten class champs for standards!

If no one has updated by tomorrow I can get up the class champions, but before I head to bed ( just got home and am exhausted!) I have to say that Shahna not only won the chin awards, but she also won the "Ability to Put Up with the most of Riven's Harassment Award"! She did get to take all of her beautiful animals home though...

Sumiko... you might want to double check for Daisy though.... :D

As usually great show by the Colorado group!

WOO HOO!!! I just got back from the show and dinner at the Beitz's.

WOW!!! This was one of our best attended shows in a few years!!! We had people from California, Idaho, Utah, Kansas, Colorado and of course our judges, the Bradfords, from "Western" Arkansas!!!

There were a total of 14 exhibitors and 197 chinchillas. (117 Standards and 80 Mutations).

I was personally thrilled by the number of new people who came, especially in light of the recent thread about getting involved with Empress. 3 of our young exhibitors were under 18; I think that this bodes well for the future!!!

Shahna (sorry, your last name was not on the list) from Northern Californa was the big winner in Mutations, taking both Grand Show and Reserve Grand Show Champions with 2 gorgeous, BIG Blacks. My favorite comment of the day was that "...you could just saddle her up", said of #578, the RGSC!!! And, she's only 7 months old!!! YAHOO!!! Congratulations!!!

In the Standards, Jerry Craner from Idaho had the Grand Show Champion to celebrate his birthday!!! And again, Shahna had the Reserve Grand Show Champion. Man -- I wonder what's in the water/food/atmosphere out there in California???

Unfortunately, I was not keeping track of breeder points, so one of our other, more show experienced members will have to do the reporting on that.

Let me say once more how happy I am that we had such a great turnout!!! CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I hope that more and more people will make an effort to support not only their own shows, but those in other, even more distant areas. It really paid off today for the new out of towners.

It was great to meet some new faces and have them to put with names here on the forum. I can't wait to see everyone again...maybe at Nationals??? Or, April 30 in Crawford at the Colorado Western Branch's Show. I will start a thread for that when I get all the details from Roger.

ETA: Will everyone who was travelling please post to let us know you made it home OK??? THANKS!!!

Last edited:
Ick, crawford is going to be a 4.5 hour drive...hmm.... I'll probably wait for a closer show for the 'first!' show. we'll see ;)

Sounds like a great time! Sorry I missed it!!! Definitely will be at the next ft. collins show though!....

We got back fine! I had a great time! It was really fun and informative. I'm really upset, we had already decided we were not going to the claiming show in Crawford, but we changed our minds because it sounded like a really good learning experience, but then we remember my brother had a play that weekend and now we can't go. And I was really excited because we were going to get another chin too! Argh. So frustrating.

We have been driving since 6:30 PM yesterday and have been on the road for 13 hours. We're in Nevada now, about 300 miles from the CA border so it should be smooth-sailing from here. We hit a lot of snow through CO and WY last night and had to go pretty slow to get through safely and see the road.
Shahna is a stud! She's been driving the whole way, keeping us and the chinnies safe! Debbie says she gets an award for "Grand Show Driver." :p

We had a lot of fun! Thank you to the CO Group for being so hospitable and making the show enjoyable for all of us! It was great to finally meet so many of you. And many thanks to the Bradfords for judging as well!

I'd love to see some of you come out to a CA show as well! :)

Oh, and Nicole: you must've taken someone else's chin. Daisy's here, safe and sound... :-D

I had fun checking out the show, I'd never been to one before! It was fun to see how everything works, and it was nice to meet you guys! I was upset that I had to leave early.
Lynn, you have the longest eyelashes, they are so pretty!

Shahna probably drove straight through from being all high of all her awards! I think next year they should just make one "California trophy" to save on money... :p

Champs & Reserves:

Standards:
Class 1
Champion- Cage 111 - Shahna Thomas
Reserve - Cage 31 - Maynard Beitz

Class 2
Champion - Cage 112 - Shahna Thomas
Reserve - Cage 32 - Maynard Beitz

Class 3
Champion - Cage 113 - Shahna Thomas
Reserve - Cage 52 - Jerry Craner

Class 4

Champion - Cage 44 - Jerry Craner
Reserve - Cage 104 - Sumiko De La Vega ( Hope I got that right Sumiko! )

Class 5

Champion - Cage 105 - Sumiko De La Vega
Reserve - Cage 45 - Jerry Craner

Class 6

Champion - Cage 46 - Jerry Craner
Reserve - Cage 106 - Sumiko De La Vega

Class 7

Champion - Cage 107 - Sumiko De La Vega
Reserve - Cage 77 - Rivendell Chinchillas

Class 8
Champion - Cage 98 - John Suhr
Reserve - Cage 28 - Maynard Beitz

Class 9
Champion - Cage 109 - Shahna Thomas
Reserve - Cage 39 - Jerry Craner

Class 10
Champion - Cage 110 - Shahna Thomas ( anyone seeing a California pattern here?)
Reserve - Cage 30 - Maynard Beitz

Standard Show Champion - Cage 46 - Jerry Craner
Standard Show Reserve - Cage 113 - Shahna Thomas

Mutation Show Results

White Class
Champion - Cage 544 - Rivendell Chinchillas
Reserve - Cage 501 - Roger Clark

Violet Class
Champion - Cage 571 - Shahna Thomas
Reserve - Cage 507 - Bob Ducey

Beige
Champion - Cage 573 - Shahna Thomas ( really? Does this girl ever stop?!)
Reserve - Cage 568 - Sumiko De La Vega

Ebony
Champion - Cage 564 - John Suhr
Reserve - Cage 535 - Jerry Craner

Blacks
Champion - Cage 577 - Shahna Thomas
Reserve - Cage 578 - Shahna Thomas ( Really this is getting repetitive here... )

Grand Show Champion - Cage 577 - Shahna Thomas
Reserve Show - Cage 578 - Shahna Thomas

I always love a good 3rd Best too, okay might be because it would've given me a couple more higher awards... :thumbsup: but this was a great show, super turn out we were about busting out of with participation! And again, Shahna not only did great on the table, but was a great sport off the table too! I certainly hope so see those California gals again soon!

Ya know... one of them did. But then a new one jumped in it's spot... Just ridiculous really the manners of chinchillas these days! :p

NIcole, did you keep track of Breeder Points???

Cali Girls -- Hope you've made it home by now. God, Shahna, doing ALL the driving BOTH ways??? You're not only "Grand Show Driver" but, if this was the Super Bowl, I'd say that would make you the MVP AND you'd be "...going to Disneyland"!!!

I had a GREAT time and hope to see ALL of you again, soon!!!

NIcole, snuggle those twin boys for me. If anyone is looking for 2 cute kits, these could be the ones you've been looking for!!!

I know how many I had.. does that count? LOL I'm pretty sure we're safe to say Shahna got a breeders award, lol. I know Maynard and Jerry did as well. I believe John Suhr got at least one as well. I am trying to track down that list and can get it up when I find a copy of it. :D

Back