February 5, 2011 Colorado Branch ECBC Sanctioned Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn & The Chins

The Chinchilla WhisKerer
Saturday, February 5, 2011 64th Colorado Branch E.C.B.C. Sanctioned Show

One Day Show

MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!!

Location: LaQuinta Inn, 3709 E. Mulberry St., Ft. Collins, CO 80524
1-970-493-7800

Show: 10 Class Standard Live Animal Show
Mutation Live Animal Show
Registry Show

Entries: 20 Standard /20 Mutation

Entry Fees: $6 per animal for members
$8 per animal, non-ECBC members
(Join today and $AVE!!!)

Special Fees: With entry of 20 or more total animals
$5 members/$7 non-members per animal

Setup: Friday, February 4, 4 p.m.

Entry: Friday after setup is complete
Saturday morning 6 a.m.-9 a..m.

Judging: Starts at 10 a.m. Saturday, February 5

Judges: Dick and Mary Jo Bradford

Awards: Ribbons for 1st-5th. Rosettes for Class and Reserve Class Champions.
Trophies for Standard/Mutation Grand Show, Reserve Grand Show.
Breeder Awards for 1st-5th

Special Events: 50-50 Drawing. Door Prizes

Show Chairs: Ashleigh Powell 1-303-277-1953, cell 720-879-4853
Maynard Beitz, 1-970-482-1834, cell 970-481-8650

Lunch provided. Soup Supper at Beitz's unless there is a restaurant at La Quinta

ALL ANIMALS MUST BE CAGED

General Helpful Info: La Quinta is located 1 block West of I-25 on the South side of Colorado Highway 14
(also known as Mulberry Street).
Use I-25 exit 269B. West of the overpass, turn left onto the frontage road and drive West to enter the hotel lot.

Looking forward to visiting with you at the show
and enjoying some stiff but friendly competition!

Last edited:
Nicole, you BETTER be here!!! :tease: It's been way too long since I've seen you and the girls!!!!

Officer Snuggler might just come to see you, too!!!

We'd love to see some new faces and exhibitors...c'mon...it'll be a FUN time!!!

I keep thinking about this show and I'd really like to make it out there. I say this every year for the CO show... It's just a month before Nationals so it will depend on how much money I have saved up... but I do want to try to make it!

Oh, Sumiko -- I'd love to see you, too!!! Maybe you, Pamela and Tabitha could carpool??? Make it an epic road trip??? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Shahna and I are discussing it right now (we're also carpooling together to Nationals). We would be taking I-80 all the way East. This is definitely do-able since it is a one-day show...

In order for a show to be sanctioned, the judge must be a sanctioned judge (experienced judge who did their training with sanctioned judges at sanctioned shows and then passed the test at a National meeting) and ECBC must know a certain amount of time in advance (honestly, I can't remember how much advance notice is needed...). A sanctioned show generally has stricter judging than a field day.

A field day, in contrast, is more lenient, a trainee judge can be a judge, and the chapter/branch/group can make some changes (such as less than 10 classes for standards if there are not a large number of standards entered, for example). A field day is a more relaxed show, often with the judge talking to the audience and allowing audience members to come up and look at the animals/help judge during the show. Field days have more of an intent to teach.

This isn't saying you can't learn at a sanctioned show but at a sanctioned show, it will be a bit more formal and competitive.

Okay, due to the threats I've been receiving from Officer Snuggler via Lynn's email I will be attending barring a blizzard or like scenario.

:D

WOO HOO!! I kinow that Karen and her family are looking forward to meeting you and checking out some chinnies at the show...

And by the way...blizzard??? I'll have you know that Vicki and Bob Merritt and Dan Jensen and I drove through the REAL blizzard (I-70 was closed just after we made it out of town) In April of 2009 to get to Roger's Spring Show in Crawford!!! So, you can surely make it across the flatlands!!! :tease:

Lynn, I forgot to add that by everything I think we both know that includes... tumbleweeds!

I did just get the confirmation that I'll have a tag-along! A gal that's been working with me some on learning and is planning on breeding in the future. This will be her first show and she can't wait!

I did have another question as well, is anyone planning on bringing any dust? I'd be interested in maybe 5-6 bags if so depending on cost.

Her name is JoEllen, she is new to chins and planning on breeding in the future. She's a learning fool and works for a vet as a operation manager I believe. She told me once and I can't remember if that's the right title, lol. I'm not sure on her age, but she does have a couple young grandchildren. She's even planning ahead to build a chin building for them hopefully this summer she thought. I think she will be a wonderful breeder and is ready to learn, so anyone who's available better be ready for her to ask lots of questions!

miss.lauren, I don't know if you got my message or not but Shahna (also on the forum) and I have room for one in the car if you're on the way (we'll be taking I-80).

I also thought of one more thing that is different about sanctioned shows - the chins need to be ear-tagged.

I pm'd you. Did you get that? I think I did it twice because I wasn't sure if it sent because I have been having issues with my computer. Let me know if you didn't get anything.

Back