February 5, 2011 Colorado Branch ECBC Sanctioned Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll hopefully be there! Just called my mom and confirmed their not going on vacation until later that week....so it's just a matter of figuring out who's going with me and who's babysitting the kids. (Unless of course mother nature prevents us from coming)..

I just wanted to mention that if you tell them you are coming for the show you may get a reduced rate. I don't know for sure, but sometimes the hotels set a block aside for the event being held their. Just a FYI. I just booked my room tonight and they still have rooms if anyone needs one!

Sumiko and I will be attending the show this year...

I currently have the following items available if anyone would like to make an order and save on shipping:

Apple / Pear Wood mixed twigs & sticks - $10 / lb
Apple / Pear Drilled Whirlies - $12.50 / lb
Apple / Pear / Kiwi Drilled Whirlies - $13 / lb

Kiwi mixed twigs & sticks - $7 for 1/2 lb or $13 / lb

Fleece Tubes - $10
Fleece Hammocks - $7
Fleece Ledges - $7
Fleece Hidey Houses - $18
- Many patterns available..

PM me to place an order or for more info on fleece patterns.

See you in a few weeks!:thumbsup:

bwahaha Hubby got the 7th off so I'm so here unless mother nature releases her wrath or someone gets sick.

What time would be good to show up sat? I know judging starts 10, but how early should I arrive if I'm just observing? And how late does the show typically go?

I'm HOPING we'll have news about the job DH applied for (Sorry Riven, we haven't heard yet!) and then maybe I can pick up some animals....but...dunno...

No problem, just let me know if you hear something, got a couple weeks yet.

Even for just observing I would be there by at least 9 if you can. This way you can walk around a bit, watch people groom, ask questions, look at animals and get an idea of what's going on. Most people start grooming at 7 or so, so there will be people around.

The length of the show depends on how many animals are entered, generally a show will go to around 5, sometimes later, sometimes sooner. It also depends on the judges and the quality of the animals there. Some judges like to talk a lot, some keep it brief, if the quality of animals is all really well then there may be more times taken into decided who wins which classes, etc. as well. :D

Alright, I'll shoot for 9 then. Just depends on traffic (just over an hour drive) And who's going with me...(Hubby will be hard to get out of bed...)

From where in Kansas are you coming that it's only an hour drive??? I need YOUR car -- it's a litle over an hour for me and I'm coming from Denver!!!

Get that hubby out of bed and come early like Nicole said, so you'll have time to meet everyone and watch the grooming!!! :thumbsup:

From where in Kansas are you coming that it's only an hour drive??? I need YOUR car -- it's a litle over an hour for me and I'm coming from Denver!!!

Get that hubby out of bed and come early like Nicole said, so you'll have time to meet everyone and watch the grooming!!! :thumbsup:

ROFL.....I'm originally from denver metro. My parents are still there. We'll come in the night before and stay with them.

Speaking of that it'll be a LATE night drive for us.....I realized. So I can't quite promise a 9am arrival. *I* may not want to get out of bed. I think Mom decided she's going to be the one tagging along...don't think she wanted to babysit three rug rats. hehe..

One more week and we'll be in CO! :dance3:

And just in case, is there anyone looking for a pet chinnie? I have a beautiful homo ebony boy and a white female kit looking for a home. I am not planning on bringing them unless someone is interested... I don't want to bring them on a 17-hour drive to CO for nothing!

WOO HOO!!! This is going to be a GREAT show!!! I'm so excited to meet so many new people!!! I can't wait!!! :dance3:

Is there anyone going to this show that has a homo beige male they could part with?

I don't have any homo beiges right now but I do have a hetero beige available, X-3 (Butterscotch). His sire was Pericles, a Bowen beige who took Grand Show Champion at the CA ECBC Spring Show '06 and his dam is a Bowen standard. Butterscotch took RCC at the CA ECBC Spring Show '10 and Color Phase Champion at the MCBA West Coast Show '10.

You can see his picture and more details on this thread:
http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21282&page=2

Were you able to find a third person to car pool with you Sumiko? I am really sorry that I can't some everyone! I want to hear about it and I want pictures!

I hate to say it, I think we're bailing.

DH got the job (So yay! I should be at all the CO shows now) BUT I don't think he'll be able to 'keep' the time off he requested for the show now. Bummer.

I'm peeved, I wanted a few more furbabies...but I put mine (er more myself) in the dog house cause I didn't put the dyson away (BRAND FREAKING NEW) and the kids pushed it too close to the cage.

No further explanation necessary! Boooo!!!

Back