Dear Lean Cusine . . .

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
Thanks for picking a name so befitting the meals you serve us because it is just that lean on the cusine. Tonight I micro'd what looked like delicious rosemary chicken. The cover showed delicious plump nuggets of boneless skinless chicken along with a variety of barley, orzo and vegetables. What I got was about 4 teeny tiny pieces of chicken--I mean come on Lean Cusine the McDonald's nugget is larger for crying out loud.

Perhaps you could think of changing your product name to:
postage stamp sized meal with barely anything in it.

I don't care how small the portion is--but what the flip? 4 teeny pieces of chicken--who lives on that???! they were size of a nickle for crying out loud!

I guess I shouldn't pipe in saying the meals fill me up? I've never tried the rosemary chicken meal, though. I like all the ones I've gotten so far.

See, I like the slogan, "Lean Cuisine....tastes like the box that it comes in."

I'm with you on this one, Laurie. Weight watchers makes some decent meals. I like their chicken and cheese quesadillas.

Thanks for picking a name so befitting the meals you serve us because it is just that lean on the cusine. Tonight I micro'd what looked like delicious rosemary chicken. The cover showed delicious plump nuggets of boneless skinless chicken along with a variety of barley, orzo and vegetables. What I got was about 4 teeny tiny pieces of chicken--I mean come on Lean Cusine the McDonald's nugget is larger for crying out loud.

Perhaps you could think of changing your product name to:
postage stamp sized meal with barely anything in it.

:hilarious: you are too too funny girl.

I remember reading an article once about the things they do when they photograph food to make it look more appealing. For example..when taking a pic of a burger for McD's or BK, they first will push all the meat and toppings to the front in the bun, to make it look bigger. And, I do not know if they still do this..but I once remember reading how they would put a lit ciggarete inside a chicken or turkey, so the smoke coming out would make it look hot and steamy.

i just had the pineapple chicken for lunch, i think there were 5 pieces of chicken. and i hit up the vending machine within 45 minutes.......granted all i had all day prior to that was a yogurt.

try the full meal ones, like the kind that come with a dessert OR i like the bowls, they seem to have a little more food in them.

You get TONS of salt they use in every box. Apparently not much else.

I was thinking about this today, while eating my lean cuisine meal. You have to remember these meals are made to "proper" portion sizes, which don't fill a whole lot of people up. Food for thought.

Ash, I was just going to say the same thing!!!

We have become a nation of over eaters. Everything is "Super Sized" and that is what we have gotten used to.

I have started ordering a Happy Meal if I go to McDonald's. It is the proper portion of 1 "regular" hamburger and fries. This is what they USED to serve as a meal before there were Happy Meals and before the gluttonous decade of the 80s.

At the movies, I once saw an elderly lady order a kids pack. I thought to myself -- "Now, why didn't I think of that???" I call it adult portion control. You get just enough popcorn, some Welch's fruit snacks and a small drink. JUST RIGHT!!! And it's usually under $5. That's now what I get every time!!! C'mon, you all know that even if you order a small popcorn, (usually about $6 for the popcorn ONLY) you'll eat the whole thing.

I am not a skinny mini person by any means -- God knows that I could skip a few meals, but it's better to supplement those small Lean Cuisines with a big salad with lots of veggies on it to help fill you up. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Those are pretty good...Crysta...I had one once, but it sort of gave me hives. But, it was good. ;)

I've always found that it's best to start off dinner with a giant salad to fill me up first. Then I move on to an entree. At that point it's okay if it's a smaller portion size. I definitely agree with Lynn about getting the smaller portions...no matter how large the portion size happens to be, you will eat the whole thing because it's there in front of you. Get the smaller size and you'll still eat the whole thing but less of it. (Duh, I know.)

Lucky you! I just have food allergies...I thought that those were completely vegetarian, but there's some cheese in there. :(

There was some other frozen meal with potstickers that was just great. They're Healthy Choice, but it's pretty much the same size everything.

http://www.healthychoice.com/product-Asian-Potstickers_3000.html

We don't have much prepared frozen stuff though. It's amazing how unhealthy and how full of calories even the "diet" frozen meals can be.

Back