Beige Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thought is that beige is a pretty common color and not too much different looking than a standard IMO. It's not very popular from what I can see. I know a lot of people are more intrigued by "neat" looking chins- whites, homo ebs, pink white violet sapphire wraps *snickers*...

There is a lot of difference in color between beige and standard, you just need to see a good beige sitting beside a good standard. Unfortunately people don't realize what a neat breeding tool the beige color is. You can get so many interesting colors from beige combos.

Ronda

Let me just do you a favor Ronda and take those Homo Beige off your hands! I'm sure I'd have no problems selling them here. :thumbsup:

Yea, and you know these are my breeders!!!! Hopefully they will start popping soon!!! I'm sure I'll get homos out of that Kessler animal and the homo I put her in with last fall. I did find that plug and she is due April 16.

You don't need any more beiges anyway. You purchased a beige male, 2 beige females and a pink white male last time you were here!!!

Ronda

We generally dont have a problem selling beiges but do have people who dont want them and it is always because of the red eyes. But then again I really like beiges, give me red eyes anyday as long as it isnt a beige violet.

So many people cannot tell the difference between a standard chin and a beige! I just don't get it, even very dirty you can usually tell. I have so many people drop of rescues saying it is a grey chin, and turns out to be a beige. Funny. I love beige, and homo beige and homo pink whites are just gorgeous. I recently acquired a beautiful TOV homo beige girl, and she is just beautiful. I like the light pink eyes, they don't creep me out like they do in rats for some reason? Probably because I love my chinnies so much..lol.

I've never had any problems selling your beiges. Har har.
You can just ship them to me later... :) I'll chin peddle fuzzy babies.

Oh, the advise. Yes. You have to make the chin look pretty, then take pictures. Lots of them. Then you have post the pictures, and field the 20 requests for shipping, delivery, and more pictures. :p

In the past I got variations of this email all the time.

"I'm looking for a young chin cheap, don't care what color or sex it is so long as it doesn't have red eyes. They creep me out"

Pretty much sums it up in my book.

I think it's the red eyes. Then again, mine scares me because their ears get a lot redder then any other color'd chin. [Which might I add scared me to death the first couple days I had dusty]

I don't keep many beiges, as the color does nothing for me. A nice pink white i'll take anyday. I like a brown velvet, too. For me to to buy a beige it really has to do something for me...

The eyes have nothing to do with it..its just the color.. I've only seen a few regular beiges in person so far that I've honestly hands down loved. One I have :). I think I have 2 beiges, 1 pink white and a brown velvet in breeding.... Thats it :) .

Well, I've been gone for quite a while with a cold or flu so didn't get back to respond to anybody.

It looks like the big consensus is fear of the pink eyes. Hum, I like the clearness of them and it seems like the chins are very bright and curious when I look at them. I also like the beige color as well. They their color is such a good tool to work with too. So many colors have been developed from them. Nobody would have one of those chocolates without the beige color!!!

Thanks for all the input!

Ronda

All my chins but one are beiges or beige hybrids. They have always been my favorites. I have never understood the fear of the eyes. With hetero beiges you can barely tell. I never had an issue selling them, though. If you are breeding quality beiges, the best selling point is their show record or relative's show history - or so I've found with any chin.

I've worked with adopting out REW rabbits and REW rats - they are hard to place :(

Yea, and you know these are my breeders!!!! Hopefully they will start popping soon!!! I'm sure I'll get homos out of that Kessler animal and the homo I put her in with last fall. I did find that plug and she is due April 16.

You don't need any more beiges anyway. You purchased a beige male, 2 beige females and a pink white male last time you were here!!!

Ronda

True but only one is breeding age! :crazy: Now Ronda, how many Beige do you HAVE????? LOL

I love my beige girl as well, but i definitely agree with the red eye comments. Normally when you just look at her she looks completely "normal", but it comes out the most in pictures when she looks like terminator chin.

MY favorite color of chinchilla is the homo beige or homo beige pink whites! I love the bright white with the bright bright pink eyes!
Ronda, I ma already making my list for next time!! and it include a couple beiges! Hehe! and of course sapphires, so hopefully you will have a few by summer!

Everyone complains that beiges have the creepy red eyes and "It's just so scary boo hoo!"
I hate it. I can't stand when someone comes in and I'm gracious enough to show off my fur kids to them and they say "OMGz why is his eyes red? That's just so creepy! He's like a demon or something, blah blah blah" I usually end up moving the tour back to the living room. It's like, geez, grow up, small and furry = not a demon obviously (Though sometimes he acts like one).

True but only one is breeding age! :crazy: Now Ronda, how many Beige do you HAVE????? LOL

LOL - well actually there are quite a few just recently - 20 or so... And that's mainly due to them coming with the Wells herd I purchased.

Those chins you got from me should be about breeding age now! Remember if you want my chins you have to get them young and raise them yourself or miss out!!! And what percentage of beige do YOU have in comparison to other colors? HUMMM??

Ronda

MY favorite color of chinchilla is the homo beige or homo beige pink whites! I love the bright white with the bright bright pink eyes!
Ronda, I am already making my list for next time!! and it include a couple beiges! Hehe! and of course sapphires, so hopefully you will have a few by summer!

I'm working on it Trin - just have to get those chins to cooperate!

Ronda

Everyone complains that beiges have the creepy red eyes and "It's just so scary boo hoo!"
I hate it. I can't stand when someone comes in and I'm gracious enough to show off my fur kids to them and they say "OMGz why is his eyes red? That's just so creepy! He's like a demon or something, blah blah blah" I usually end up moving the tour back to the living room. It's like, geez, grow up, small and furry = not a demon obviously (Though sometimes he acts like one).

Yea, I hear you Tiffany. I love the clarity of their eyes. I could understand a bit more if they were bug-eyed like the pink eyed rats but these guys are just so cute. I guess that education is the key. Well - not necessarily education from TV either. I think that the horror programs/movies have been detrimental to understanding animals. Look what the movie Jaws it did to the shark. Discovery channel has tried to straighten out that myth but it will continue if people continue believing everything they see on TV.

As far as the pink eyes in pictures, almost any animal has pink eyes unless you can catch the eyes an just the right angle.

Ronda

Beige are my favorite!!! My Cadence has light brown eyes, but they always look blood red in pictures.

Beige are one of my favorite mutations and the only mutation color I breed here. I absolutely love the look of a nice clear beige. Many people don't like the beiges though because of the red eyes and there are some who have said beiges look too much like standards (perhaps they are colorblind?).

Latest posts

Back