Beige Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronda

I've recently purchased several beige and PW animals and have them in breeding. My experience in the past has been beige are slow sellers. Now I love the color and was wondering if anybody had a thought as to why the beige don't seem to sell very well and if there was something to be done or a way to 'advertise' beige so that they do sell better.

Ronda

Most times I see people complain about their red eyes. They think they are freaky.

I guess I'm just used to PEW in rats, so it doesn't phase me. I absolutely love beige chins. :)

I love the color of the beiges, but the red eyes DO kind of creep me out. Ear freckles are cute, though; why do only beiges have them???

Only the homo beige have the light pink eyes, not the hetero beige - theirs is more of a deep ruby red.

Not all beige have the freckles (as adults) but I don't know why they have them. It seems to me as they get older more freckles tend to appear. Even tans have freckles, probably carrying the 'freckle' gene into the mixture.

Ronda

Oh, and pink white chins have the bright pink eyes that people 'supposedly' don't like yet they tend to want pink white chins. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Ronda

I love my beige Palay girly.. with her lavender'ish, pink "freaky" eyes. Actually, her eyes don't freak me out so much ..but I've heard plenty of people say they do. There's someone for everyone... :heart5:

I have a PW and her eyes are a deep, ruby red. Not those light, freaky eyes. I have been looking for a tan or homo biege with the freaky eyes and am having a difficult time finding one. I like those light eyes!

Tbh, the first chins I ever met were a pair of standards and a beige and I kind of thought the beige was a dirty white one that hadn't been bathed properly. I didn't even notice his eyes were red until the next time I saw him, when somebody set me straight about the color and freckles.

I like those light eyes!

Yes, so do I. I have several that have the light clear pink eyes. Since I've just put a couple homo females into breeding with a homo male I should have several babies from them - even found a plug in one of the girl's cages a month after introducing them.

The new chins are beige and pink whites - I think there are 3 PW and 10 beige so will have some nice animals. These kids are bred by EBG, QS and Fur Ball.

Ronda

Frick & Frack are my beige boys and I have to admit that sometimes their devil eyes freak me out too!! I would agree with everyone else that it has to be the eyes...because their color is just gorgeous!

My husband and I are STILL arguing about the color of our beige girl, Carmen's, eyes! They are a VERY dark red, but he insists they are black. I probably wouldn't have noticed at all if I hadn't read that they have red eyes. I wonder if part of it could be that they look a little too like standard grays (to the untrained eye). I agree that the freckles are adorable! It seems like Carmie gets new freckles every day! :)

I love my beige, I think their gorgeous. My kids thought his eyes made him look evil. I told them it's just cause he's grumpy.

I will admit, that when I first got into breeding, there was no way in heck I would breed for beiges. I didn't think they were the prettiest color in the rainbow. But then I went to the Shoots ranch and they shoved the prettiest little beige female in my face. How could I not resist?! And that was the beginning of our beige collection. Now, about half of our herd is beige, or some form of it. I absolutely love them now, including their red eyes. Their red eyes make them even more endearing to me! I think its cool when I turn around and see laser beams back at me! :p

Have to admit, red eyes scare me. But I do have a real dark tan and his eyes are dark red. Really can't tell that they are red. He's just such a sweetie!

Another thought is that beige is a pretty common color and not too much different looking than a standard IMO. It's not very popular from what I can see. I know a lot of people are more intrigued by "neat" looking chins- whites, homo ebs, pink white violet sapphire wraps *snickers*...

I love my beige guy! My friend thinks he has 'devil eyes', but I think they're cute ;) He's starting to get freckles on his ears and they're making him even cuter!

I haven't had a problem selling beiges lately. I have in the past though.. And Carol don't worry the next light eyed female born here is all yours....

My husband and I are STILL arguing about the color of our beige girl, Carmen's, eyes! They are a VERY dark red, but he insists they are black.

You can seen the ruby color much better in bright light. Just be careful and don't get her in really bright light or outside in bright light.

Ronda

Back