Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

That one bookworm girl...
So much hype! Has anyone seen it? I went today to an IMAX 3D showing, and I thought it was just alright. The characters were underdeveloped, and the plot was a far cry from revolutionary. That said, it was visually stunning. The size of the IMAX screen made the 3D feel more hologramic than it does on a smaller screen, so I would advise choosing one or the other. Really a beautiful film, and despite the somewhat underwhelming plot it held my attention for the entire 2.5 hours.

I was hoping that it would have a great storyline. :( I hate underwhelming plots!! Actually, I don't like movies that depend on their visual appeal and then lack in way of plot.

I guess I can rent this and put a cage together while I watch...that's how most of the movies are seen by me anyway! :D

While the storyline was a little bland, I still loved it. I also saw it in Imax 3D. I completely forgot that half was it was in cgi about 10 minutes into the movie. The visuals made it worth every penny spent.

I was hoping that it would have a great storyline. :( I hate underwhelming plots!! Actually, I don't like movies that depend on their visual appeal and then lack in way of plot.

I guess I can rent this and put a cage together while I watch...that's how most of the movies are seen by me anyway! :D

I really would recommend spending the money to go see it in Imax 3d. You won't get the same effect at home.

Do you have a theater with 3D showings? IMAX just made it really big, but the cgi will be the same for regular 3D

I can't believe you guys thought the story line was bland! I thought it was incredible! What an idea, creating a body we can use as an avatar for another world to do research?! That is amazing. And again, a good point, there we are humans going out and destroying other worlds just as we destroyed ours. I guess I'm a sucker for these lessons learned plots!

One thing that I found AMAZING was the fact for once I was not cheering for the Marines! That guy was the biggest A hole on the planet! OMG the Marine that wouldn't die for crying out loud!

This movie was amazing, special effects, story--the fact the actors so closely resembled their avatar was awesome.

I've missed Wes Studi! I haven't seen him much since he was a jerk in Last of the Mohicans--but he was great here, as was Sigourney Weaver--glad to have such a talented woman in the movies for sure!

I thought it was a great movie. First of all the plot was different than most movies. They travel to a planet and we are actually the bad guys. I must say though it was predictable, but i didn't mind it. You must see it in imax 3D and like most people said you forget its even in 3d, but if you took your glasses off you could totally tell the difference. The visual effects were amazing. every little detail. The leaves that would fall off trees when something shook, the little bits of dust, how everything glowed at night and of course the characters. The "aliens" didn't look like aliens in most movies they sort of looked like humans which ,at least for me, helped me feel sympathy for them. Humor mixed with those visual effects along with what i think a good story line, plus it was original made it one of my top movies all time. I thought it definitely was worth the $15 and those 3 hours flew by and i hope that the 300 million it took to produce the movie will break even and hopefully make a large profit.

Do you have a theater with 3D showings? IMAX just made it really big, but the cgi will be the same for regular 3D
Yeah, Dolby3D > RealD > Digital IMAX. I wouldn't go out of your way to find a real IMAX, since it was only shot in 1080p (and mastered in 2K). A good explanation of 3D projection systems is here.

Saw it twice as well. Pretty good chance it'll break a billion in gross revenue (http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avatar.htm). Wouldn't mind it turning into a new trilogy. :)

going to see this tomorrow on a date with the hubby. no imax but will see it in 3D at the theater in town. hope i like it as much as you all did!

Finally made it to the movies! Loved Avatar in 3D. It was the only movie I have sat through that no one moved to go get snacks or use the bathroom. If it wasn't in 3D ....I don't know... Pretty good storyline but a tad long.

I didn't see it in 3d, just the regular version. I loved it. I loved the storyline, and thought it was a great one. It shows humans as we are. We want to take over everything, no matter what destruction it would cause..I can see us trying to take over another planet for our own gain, not theirs.

The visuals were great! The storyline was okay, pretty much an update of Disney's Pocahontas. But I still loved it. Will definitely buy it when it comes out.

I think we are going on Friday to watch it. It better be good. I hate the movies in general. MY little sister(sorority) and mother want to go movie hopping after. My little has it all planned out.

for what it is it's pretty good. The characters and world were believable which I think was the most amazing part of it. The story is pretty much Pocahontas or Ferngully but I think they did a pretty good job with it.

My biggest gripe about the story. Why and how does adding an extra set of legs to earth animals make it an Alien? I was disappointed that they didn't try harder in making the animals more different.

Latest posts

Back