Atlantic Chapter Show 2013

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brandy- I sure hear ya! It's like, we've had a LONG LONG day...some good some bad...few hours to home and then...THEN we have to unload?!? What the heck! Yeah, no, definitely hear you there. To be honest, my chins usually sit for a few hours after I get home :( I'm usually just too pooped to do it, plus my kids are excited to see me. I will be at the banquet, get to chat it up w/ya'll.

When did people all of a sudden need this thing called sleep on a show weekend? I thought that was just part of the show experience going with almost no sleep all weekend!

Randy, glad you're going to make it! And you are the champ when it comes to going without sleep on show weekends. Not even going to complain anymore!

SOOO...with the show being right around the corner...what's everyone showing? I'll have my usual string of whites, specked with a few blacks, beiges and MAYBE a gray and/or ebony. We shall see how everyone looks after their final groom next week.

Also, anyone know which larger breeders will be showing?

The Baars and the Ryersons are coming. Jim Ritterspach may be coming as well, Amanda said they were thinking about it at Nationals.

I had quite a few animals I wanted to bring, but things got crazy the last few weeks and I didn't prep... Going to try and start prepping tonight, and hopefully we can get them done in time.

I was able to grab a room at the quality inn via their website :)

I will be bringing a standard and a BV.

Glad I will see you there Tiffany. Sorry you have to rush back home to work. Know how that works all too well. Yesterday I noticed the new boss has me scheduled to work that weekend. I reminded him the terms of my spring employment were agreed to and I will be off. Grins big.

Since I've decided to come to this show (my first ever show), put me down for the banquet please. Even though I won't be breeding (unless I win the lottery and can build a chin barn) I'm sure I will want to hang out and chat with everyone!

Also, any suggestions as to what to bring to contribute for lunch?

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Just look for the clueless new face looking lost and that will probably be me!

Yeap, I'll be there! I took off for Friday and Saturday, but just couldn't get off Sunday unfortunately with 3 of my contract companies, living in a rural area with no other independent contractors that can cover for me is a pain, job has to get done or I'll be without a job.

I'll be bringing a bunch of standards (possibly 10 or so), maybe one white and a black velvet, not sure if anything else will be in show shape. Worst time for a show for me though, 77 today and 81 tomorrow... I hope they don't start blowing their coats yet!

Hey Mish - what is the latest I can let you know if I will be at the banquet? I am still trying to figure out logistics here!

Mish said a few posts back that while reservations are appreciated so they can get the food...many don't and that's okay :) We'd love to have ya!

Yea I just sent Jim the current count of banquet reservations (21) yesterday, along with all the showbook ads. We'll probably plan on 30 for the banquet so we can accommodate a few extras, but the showbook ads are now final!

Finally got it done, here's the two hole carrier I'm donating. It's solid bottom, drops into the pan so best to use some pine in the bottom. 10" high so chins can stand if they want, 6" wide (each compartment), and 12" long (each compartment). Brand new, never used, spring latches to hold pan to cage and to hold doors down. Solid metal divider so no fighting, spraying, chewing etc.

Attachments

• 100_4247.jpg
    100_4247.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_4248.jpg
    100_4248.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_4249.jpg
    100_4249.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 13
oh my gosh,,,, in 8 days we are all sitting in the hall getting ready and about done at this time.. exciting

Like the Carrier Ang!!!

Back