Atlantic Chapter Show 2013

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishalaa

Irish Chinchilla
2013 Atlantic Chapter Live Animal (Optional Claiming) Show

Date:
April 19th-20th, 2013

101 Mill St
Milesburg, PA 16853

Directions:
The Community Center is located on St Rte 144 at the end of the bridge, across the street from the Uni-Mart. (See attached images.) The hall and the lot are not as big as where we were last year, but there is still plenty of room for those bringing campers.

Nearby Hotels:
Bestway Travel Center - St Rte 150 Exit 158 off I-80, Milesburg, PA (814) 355-7591
Quality Inn Milesburg – 971 N. Eagle Valley Rd, Milesburg, PA (814) 355-7521
Econo Lodge – 3482 Benner Pike, Bellefonte, PA (814) 355-5561
Super 8 – 1663 S Atherton St, State College, PA (814) 237-8005
Rodeway Inn – 1040 N Atherton St, State College, PA (814) 238-6783
Hampton Inn – 1101 E College Ave, State College, PA (814) 231-1590
Days Inn – 240 S Pugh St, State College, PA (814) 238-8454
Hilton – 1221 E College Ave, State College, PA (814) 272-1221
Holiday Inn Express-1925 Waddle Rd, State College, PA (814) 867-1800
Quality Inn – 1274 N Atherton St, State College, PA (814) 234-1600
Sleep Inn – 111 Village Dr, State College, PA (814) 235-1020
Comfort Suites – 132 Village Dr, State College, PA (814) 235-1900
Hampton Inn – 1955 Waddle Rd, State College, PA (814) 231-1899
Fairfield Inn – 2215 N Atherton St, State College, PA (814) 238-3871

Judge:
Brenda Walter
Judge Trainee Mish Irish

Show Chairperson:
Mish Irish
[email protected]

Showbook Ads:
The Atlantic Chapter is selling ad space in our showbook! Half page ads are $5 and full page ads are $10. FREE half-page ads are being offered to anyone who donates an item to our raffle, and may be upgraded to a full page for $5. Ads will be in color. You may send us your advertisement as a high quality image or we can create one for you! Deadline is April 1st. Please contact Mish Irish ([email protected]) with any questions and/or orders. Payment can be made ahead of time or at the door on the day of the show.

Set Up:
Friday, April 19th – beginning about 4pm.
All hands are welcome in putting up the show lights and equipment and arranging tables and chairs!

Friday, April 13th – 6pm-10pm. Animals may be housed in the show hall overnight.
Saturday, April 14th – 7am-9am.
$4.00 per animal for MCBA members, $8.00 per animal for non-members. Applications for membership will be available at the registration table, or you may join ahead of time (please mail in your membership forms before April 1st so that the National office has time to receive your application and forward the new membership list to us in time for the show, otherwise you may join the organization at the door).
Each exhibitor gets a complimentary showbook.
$5.00 per family if not showing any chinchillas.
$5.00 per showbook.

Grooming:
Saturday, April 20th – 7am-10am.

Classification:
Saturday, April 20th – 10am sharp!
All animals must be checked in and groomed by 10am. The show begins immediately after classification.

Lunch:
Entree provided for a cash donation. Suggested donation: $5
Sides are potluck. All food donations are welcome!

Bob Myers Breeder Award:
Breeders with 10 years or less breeding experience are eligible.
Must show at least 5 animals of your own breeding.
Winners determined by the total points accumulated for their top 5 ranking chins.
Trophies from 1st to 5th place.

Baby Derby:
$2.00 per entry and $0.25 per vote. Vote as often and for as many entries as you like!
Kits should be between the ages of 12 weeks and 20 weeks (i.e. born between December 1st, 2012 and January 26th, 2013). The Atlantic Chapter reserves the right to refuse an entry who appears too young or too small. This is for the safety of the kits!
The three kits with the most votes in their jar will win a trophy!
Kits must be entered by 10am. Voting will run until lunch and winners will be announced before the show resumes.
Contact Monika Grogan ([email protected]) for more information on the baby derby.

Live Animal, Chinese Auction, and 50/50 drawings!

Awards Banquet:
Banquet will start at approximately 6:30PM Saturday night following the show.
Price: $15 per person
Menu: Chicken parmesan, baked pasta, and more!
Please RSVP to Mish Irish ([email protected]) by April 1st.

Attachments

• showhall.jpg
    showhall.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 32
  • showhall2.jpg
    showhall2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 27
Also seeking trophy sponsors! The following trophies are available:

Grand Show Champion - Silkrhein Chinchilla
Reserve Grand Show Champion - Ponytrail Chins
Champion Female of Show - $20
Reserve Champion Female of Show - $20
Champion Male of Show - $20
Reserve Champion Male of Show - $20

Bob Myers Breeder Awards
1st Place - Mt. Zion Chins
2nd place - $20
3rd place - $15
4th place - $15
5th place - $15

Baby Derby
1st place - $15
2nd place - $15
3rd place - $15

Mish I sent you an email to sponsor Champion Male of Show. I'll wait for your reply where to send and who to make it out to.

"Shout Out": Thanks everyone helping put the show together ;)
Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Just a quick edit to the above information - registration will be Friday April 19th and Saturday April 20th. Missed updating those dates when I copy/pasted all the info from last year. =p

Also, here's an updated list of trophy sponsors - still a handful to get your name on! =)

Grand Show Champion - Silkrhein Chinchilla
Reserve Grand Show Champion - Ponytrail Chins
Champion Female of Show - Stratton's Chinchillas
Reserve Champion Female of Show - B&B Chinchillas
Champion Male of Show - Norwood Chinchillas
Reserve Champion Male of Show - Dave & Chris Woods

Bob Myers Breeder Awards
1st Place - Mt. Zion Chins
2nd place - $20
3rd place - $15
4th place - $15
5th place - $15

Baby Derby
1st place - $15
2nd place - $15
3rd place - Mish Irish

Hi there,
With Mish's permission I wanted to let anyone know that might be interested that I will be bringing some items to the show that I will be selling, but because I am showing I won't be able to do a vendor table. If you are interested in pre-ordering anything that I have let me know, or I may be able to make what you would like.
Items that I will be bring in are fleece hammocks, corner, square, and a few doubles. Pine hayboxes, ledges, and houses. May have some apple wood available too.

Including a few pictures of the items I will be bringing.

Attachments

• 003 (640x525).jpg
    003 (640x525).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 001 (640x577).jpg
    001 (640x577).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 12
  • 002 (640x544).jpg
    002 (640x544).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 11
Hammocks $5-8
Ledges 5 1/2x8 $5
Hayboxs $4
Regular houses 11x 7 $14
Large houses with bottoms $18
Also can do house with hay box $18

Attachments

• 004 (640x473).jpg
    004 (640x473).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 10
Hey gang,

I just word that hotels are booked, there's a pretty large event happening in State College this same weekend so if you haven't already, try to book your room ASAP.

In other news, just want to remind folks to make reservations for the banquet, and let me know about raffle items if you want a free ad. =)

Juanita, will you be home anytime to orrow, I will call you.

Mish, I will be putting a male standard up to raffle. I will be showing him. Also, some jewelry. Will get pictures out to you friday.

Your not "Bleeping" kidding about rooms being gone. Others are very expensive even an an hour away. So its budget cockroach Inn's or nothing.
Kicking it around if I'm coming to this one Mish. Either way I will have a raffle item for you.

I'll be there and as for a raffle item I'll give ya'all choice... Either I can pick up a bag of feed to donate (people out that way feed Manna Pro Gro right?) or I can donate Black Velvet (the liquid kind)...lol! If ya'all choose the latter I guess you can just card the winner...

Put me down for the banquet too...please!!!!

Last edited:
Juanita, will you be home anytime to orrow, I will call you.

Mish, I will be putting a male standard up to raffle. I will be showing him. Also, some jewelry. Will get pictures out to you friday.

Yes Christiane. I should be home. Give me a call.

I have never been to this show and really want to come but the lack of reasonable hotel rooms is a bit of an issue. There is a campground about 10 minutes away so could camp if Bob is home to drive the rv - I found it odd that all of the cabins at area campgrounds are booked in April in addition to the hotels. What is going on there that weekend Mish?

Sure glad my hubbie and I are planning on attending in our RV in the parking lot. Since it has a generator and other 'creature' comforts we, my dog and my chins will be comfortable.

Back