Are YOU a poker?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaSteve

Property of Stevie!
As i'm always worried about my girls, I ALWAYS poke them when their playing, sleeping ... etc. to check if they are ok.

I just know i'm not the only one.

So ...

Are you a poker? :)

Yeah, I do this pretty much every day about two dozen times a day. My chinchillas like to end up in funny sleeping positions that make it look like they could have passed or be in real trouble. I poke them a little bit and they jump up like I am the worst human being ever to live....they make a little scowly face.

Oh yes. I have a few chins that are such sound sleepers and sleep in strange positions. Most of them don't even look up from their naps when I am vaccuuming the chin room. And those are the ones I tend to poke. I have one guy that seriously always looks like he's dead. Even after a few pokes, he sometimes refuses to wake up! I literally have to shake him a bit to see any movement from him. He looks at me so dazed and confused then just goes back to sleep! lol!

Yep I poke my pregnant females usually because they end up so uncomfortable that they sleep in odd positions...then I get the stink eye

Nope, I never poke, unless it's been days since I've seen them awake. I HATE when someone wakes me.
:deadhorse: See......this is how your chin sees it. Not nice :)

Yep, I'm a poker but I usually call out their name first to see if they'll wake up before I start poking. I took this pic today of my new boy Carlos' butt and of course I couldn't help but poke it and he freaked b/c he's still kinda skittish, hehe.

100_4991.jpg

Oh, yeah, CA, I'm a poker, too!!! :thumbsup:

Who can resist the cuteness of a sleeping chinnie??? I, too, always talk to them so I don't scare them, but sometimes they overreact and immediately flee their sleeping perch!!! I always apologize and offer them a stick to make up for it, though. ;)

Oh man, tails and fluff outside the cage bars demand a poke touch!! But mostly I try to leave them alone when they are sleeping.

Guilty here too! I am a blower too... wait that sounds funky... hmm... lol! I blow on faces to see if they are ok.

I have a couple that seem to LIKE your blowing in their faces!

I have a couple of the house chins by my desk who purposely put their butts out like that CA, I know they're just doing it so we can play, when they jump to look at me on that side.. I poke the other! It's Ember's favorite game, my friend plays it when she comes over too, lol.

so...im a poker...

but even when i know hes ok lol. i like to just poke his fur and see how far my finger goes til i hit his skin. that way i know exactly how fluffy he is! lol. and sometimes i just poke to get that stink eye lol.

now i want to go poke him!

I'm a poker and my boys are pokers also. Mostly Ande though.

I only poke when they are sleeping in a really odd position.

Ande likes to be inside my fleece jacket when he is out of his cage. He sleeps mostly but when he wants to play, he sticks his head out and pokes me with his nose multiple times to say "Mom, I'm getting too hot, I'm coming out now" He does get mad when I take him out before his warm nap is over, though.

I'm a new chin mom (grandma, actually.) I saw Myrna sleeping in a very weird position and rubbed to make sure she was ok. I did the same thing with my human babies. I think it's a natural thing to be worried.

In this house we like to poke all the white fat bellies pushed up against the cage!

*stands up*
hi I'm Kendra and I'm a poker

It is too hard to resist though, I try to make up for it by scritches or a chew stick or something

Back