Are YOU a poker?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They always turn to look at me when I approach the cage, so I have no need to poke. They just look up, give me a pissy face, and go back to sleep.

From the hedgie side... Im a Nervous Nel when it comes to the quilled babies and I always poke.. Figures that I get poked back.. :/

Haha i'm a poker too!
I too try to make up by giving them some little treats.

I poke.

As for blowing, one of my girls will stick her tongue out and start licking the air when you blow in her face.

I've never seen a chin do that but my dogs do that. Too funny.

I am a poker but very rarely. If the girls are all asleep in a huddle or a tube or a hammock, I leave them alone. But a couple times I've seen one or another asleep flat on their sides on a shelf or just not looking right then I either poke or if I can't reach them, I shake the cage. I've not done it more than a few times since owning chinnies. Not a daily or even weekly thing with me.

So, now we have pokers, blowers, rubbers and shakers.

I am more of a tapper. I tap the cage if they are in one of those deep sleeps that looks like they are not breathing!

I poke! I get freaked out when they pass out on their sides sometimes. LOL! A couple of my boys sleep on their ledges on their side. I have it to where they are slanted down so that their poos will fall off, and it makes me worry that they are going to roll off when they sleep there.

Yeah, i always poke my little babies :) Its too hard not too they are just toooooo cute and cuddly and you always want to make sure they are ok also :) i luv chinnies ♥ :)

Yes. I'm a poker… I can't help it when I see ALL that fluff hanging outside the cage! I try to be gentle and just lightly touch the fur. I have one chin who gives me the evil eye when I do wake her up.

He sleeps with his tail dangling out of the cage and sometimes he sleeps in a half standing ball position. Looking so round and furry like he does I can't resist poking. I do it all the time for the pleasure of feeling his soft squishy fur and the funny thing is he enjoys it because afterwords I pet him. Sometimes he does not even notice he's being poked though -he's too sleepy and I poke very gently.

i am a major poker just because sometimes (not sounding harsh) but they look DEAD!!! and is scares me so i poke them to make sure they are alive lol... its a great feeling to know i just scared them :) lol

Definitely a poker! Herby has always liked to play dead and with some of her recent health issues, I never know if she is playing or not...

I get the evil eye a lot for bothering her, but better the evil eye then no eye, I say!

Back