Anyone tried Reebok Easytone shoes?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parka

Victor's chewtoy
Just wondering if anyone has used them and what your thoughts were. Gimmick or not? I'm curious!

On a side note--if no one has and there's enough interest, I may go be the guinea pig and try them. I need a new pair of shoes anyways, and I really want to know. :hmm:

I'll test them out with you. I need a new pair of sneakers too so I'm going to pick up a pair. And I think they have a better look than the Sketchers, those ones look to bulky.

I haven't tried the easy tone, but I will say I like the Sketchers ones, other than the look. The shoes don't really do anything for my butt of calves, but they are super, duper comfortable.

my husband said i should buy those, to keep my butt looking nice.... >.>

So i was wondering if they work or they don't, and put a stop to his ideas. :p

I've been using them since they came out- walk/run 3 miles every day, and I have not noticed a difference. My posture is the only thing that is different.

I have the sketchers ones. I can't wear them for long periods of time, like today and yesterday I wore them to help my mom at her grooming shop bathing, brushing, drying that sort of deal. And both days my legs hurt so bad, and not like a work out hurt, just a hurt. It also makes my bad knee hurt worse and I've not seen any improvement in any weight loss or toning using them. They look bulky but really aren't that heavy. When I first bought them they felt "spongy" and kind of squishy, which I found appealing, but that feeling is long gone. Would I buy another pair? Never. Recommend them? Not for the intended purposes that people want them for. For the price I could've bought two pairs of K Swiss and been a lot more comfy.

So, they can help with posture? I was looking at buying shoes like this awhile back...but if it doesn't help with toning anything, what's the point?

I am constantly moving all day washing or scrubbing something and walking back and forth...I'm on my feet, but I just wear socks or my garden clogs usually. I'll just save my money...maybe buy a rowing machine. :p

I'd save your money...

I have them.... and I haven't noticed any difference, like whatsoever. With the other brands of these "toning" shoes, I've read that like you're supposed to be able to "feel the burn" or whatever you want to call it - not with these! Now granted, I use them as my daily shoes to walk around in, walk the dog, and whatnot, I'm constantly moving around all day, but I'm not running miles in them, but if they really do work, I would think you'd see some results regardless of what exactly you're doing while they're on.... and I'm not.

I bought a pair of the MBT (Masai Balance Technology) shoes that started the whole trend, and I can honestly say that I don't have the back problems that I used to have. They force you to stand upright, which is hard for the first few days, but eventually it becomes second nature. My shoes look like the Skechers, but they're really not as obnoxious as they look, plus I like the extra height and they are very comfortable.

I have noticed a difference in my calves, thighs, and butt, but a part of that is due to the fact that I'm much more conscious of walking heel-to-toe, and on that type of shoes it maximizes their impact. Also, truthfully, if you're going to pay a good amount of money on shoes, you make sure you wear them and you tend to want to put them to good use. They are the only shoes I wear to work now.

I have very good posture anyway, so I guess if there was a change in that I didn't notice. I also have very good balance usually, but I did find it harder to keep my balance until I got used walking in them, especially like turning or steps in the Sketchers.

Back