2012 Atlantic Chapter Show - State College, PA! April 13th-14th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice grays, good friends ;)

Nice blacks (I may be partial)

Picking champions

Attachments

• 100_2049.jpg
    100_2049.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_2051.jpg
    100_2051.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_2054.jpg
    100_2054.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_2056.jpg
    100_2056.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_2059.jpg
    100_2059.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 24
We had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone, and would love to participate in more if given the opportunity. My kids enjoyed the desserts, there were so many to choose from...lol. And next time Mish put my name on some of your prizes so it doesn't looked rigged since you won so many...LOL, j/k.

No, it WAS totally rigged! I called her on it when it was going on...she wasn't kidding about stamping them all with her little handy stamper! LOL! Seriously though, couldn't have been a better day for me.

For those of you that went to the ACS and saw the blanket that I donated, or to either of the Nationals or several other state shows that I have donated one to...I have a favor to ask.

I would like to start selling these handcrafted blankets/throws but do not know what would be an appropriate price for them or an appropriate place to advertise. I would like any input people who have seen the blankets can give on the blankets, a set price and places to advertise.

The blankets take a minimum of 12 large skeins of yarn and over 40 hours of labor to complete. Approx. finished size is 46x60 but they do stretch a bit once completed and in use. They are super soft and extremely heavy and warm (almost like a double blanket). These are not your grandmothers afghans! :) They definitely have a more modern twist to them. I would like opinions on what people think they are worth? They make great throws to curl up with and read a book, lovely hand-crafted wedding/birthday gifts and can also be made in sizes appropriate for babies.

The blankets pictured are for sale and I can make additional ones in several colors. Please take a moment and let me know what you think. Sales of the blankets will help fund my chinchilla hobby/addiction! :)

Rather than take up space in this thread, please PM me. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0447.jpg
    DSC_0447.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0451.jpg
    DSC_0451.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 20
This was one of the highlights of the show -
Chocolate dessert bar for Dave
We all ate and ate and ate! It was fabulous thanks to all the great bakers.
We had a Chinchilla Cake
Mish's Chocolate Cheesecake with adorable little mice (picture of a 1/2 eaten piece)
And unbelievable Dark Chocolate Cake BonBons

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 18
I hope so because that was a beautiful place!! I had a great time with Cheryl and ? (having a brainfart right now on her name) handling animals. We were quite busy.

looked like everyone was having fun! so sorry I had to miss it. I did hear my garden basket was a hit and my strawberry shortcake went over well.
Congrats to all the winners!!!!!
See you in September!!!!:thumbsup:

Jess, pretty sure it was Hope Glover ;) and yes Chrissy, a total utter hit! Now just deciding where to put all the bulbs!

Sooo...how did ya'll (who actually got one) like the goodie bags?

I didn't win ALL the raffles =p. Yes I won quite a bit, including the pearl jewelery from Marissa (another new member whom it was nice to meet!), two bags of Ryerson supplement, a bottle of purple emu lotion, the garnet necklace from Christiane, the garden basket from the boys, tiff's wine glasses, and a box of chocolate from the Baars. But that was all. =) There was so much stuff raffled off though that really it wasn't that much, there were a lot of winners! AND! I had witnesses watch me put Alicyn's name on two strings of tickets for Juanita's blanket and the Simply Chintastic accessories, so there. =p =)

Glad Ange got photos of the raffles, and Barbara got the desserts (I made those oreo bon bons as well). Seriously, the food was amazing, both lunch and the banquet.

I'm glad everyone liked the show hall. I hope it wasn't too hard to find, I know a few Tom Toms led a few people through some sketchy roads. How was the Super 8 for those of you that stayed there? Was it easy enough to get to?

ETA: The third animal handler was Brea Shearer. Hope Glover was the observer for the first few sections.

Last edited:
Mish, I had a brain fart and while I knew Hope was the observer...it didn't dawn on me that she wasn't also a handler ;) as for Tom Toms...hmmm...while I DID make it there I WAS starting to wonder for a while ;) great hall, hope to do it again next year!

It was easy for us to find, we used a Garmin and it took us straight there. We also stayed ay Super 8, it wasn't bad and the price was the best I could find also. My kids were hoping for a pool..lol. Maybe next time.

Yeah our tom tom put us in a nature preserve off from Shiloh Rd. It was kind of funny. Then it took us the long way around to get to Super 8. Hotel was fine for the price. Would of prefered the same type of room we had at Nationals. That was nice!

Tom Tom took us to the preserve too Jessica! Now imagine driving a truck with the trailer attached down the road... Hubby was saying some pretty. Colorful words!!

With all the complaining I did because the show hall had moved 2 more hours away from me, I had a blast. Glad we (hubbie & I) decided to take the RV so there wasn't too much traveling in one day. It worked out real well for us. It was a great show and definitely will be back next year.

Bob Myers (in order I think) were:
1st- Poetrue (congrats deary, you earned it)

Thanks Ange! Don't forget to pat yourself on the back, I saw you had some great animals as well!!

I had a great time with Cheryl and ? (having a brainfart right now on her name) handling animals. We were quite busy.

I had a great time with you too! As did Brea :) I hope that you'll continue helping out in the future, now that you know all the rules. Hopefully for next show though none of the classification papers will get lost. That made it difficult for all involved in the show to ensure that the correct animals made it up to the show table at the correct time! :wacko: Overall though, even if it was a bit hectic, I think everyone did a great job filling in the entries from the missing paperwork! :thumbsup:

Cheryl

Yeah, while it was obvious from comments made...it didn't seem to halt the show or make it slow up. You guys and Rich (as well as Dave and Mish) never missed a beat!

Cannot wait till next year, am already so excited!

Nice photos, Tiff!

Had those comments about missing paperwork not been made, I wouldn't have noticed! You were on top of things as always! But Rich's comments did make everyone laugh, a little humor is always appreciated.

Speaking of humor, I need to know... Who entered the rat? ^^

Latest posts

Back