2012 Atlantic Chapter Show - State College, PA! April 13th-14th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We stayed at the Super 8. It was better than most other Super 8s I have stayed in but not as good as other places. The bedding was stained on both beds and the AC had a hard time keeping up.
We did not have a hard time finding the show. I used the directions on the map app on my iPad.
I won quite a few items considering I usually never win anything. I got the chin motor home, two ocotillo hanginging toys, the broad spectrum supplement, the hay holder with a star cut out, the chin treats and chews tin and the gift card to That Pet Place.
Looking forward to my next show. I am going to save up for an extra dark ebony.

Finally got the results verified!

Entries: 179
Exhibitors: 21

Grand Show Champion: Ryerson Chinchilla - Standard Male
R. Grand Show Champ: Britt's Chinchillas - Standard Female

Champion Female of Show: Britt's Chinchillas - Standard
R. Champ Female of Show: Silkrhein Chinchilla - Violet
Champion Male of Show: Ryerson Chinchilla - Standard
R. Champ Male of Show: Britt's Chinchillas - Black

Champion White Female: Royal Oaks Chinchilla
R. Champ White Female: Lyn's Chins
Champion White Male: Britt's Chinchillas
R. Champ White Male: RAF Chins

Champion Sapphire Female: Saphires Chinchillas
R. Champ Sapphire Female: Pony Trail Chinchillas

Champion Violet Female: Silkrhein Chinchilla
R. Champ Violet Female: Ryerson Chinchilla
Champion Violet Male: Poetrue's Pets
R. Champ Violet Male: Ryerson Chinchilla

Champion Beige Female: Ryerson Chinchilla
R. Champ Beige Female: Ryerson Chinchilla
Champion Beige Male: Britt's Chinchillas
R. Champ Beige Male: Britt's Chinchillas

Champion Standard Female: Britt's Chinchillas
R. Champ Standard Female: Ryerson Chinchilla
Champion Standard Male: Ryerson Chinchilla
R. Champ Standard Male: Royal Oaks Chinchilla

Champion Black Male: Britt's Chinchillas
R. Champ Black Male: Tiffany's Chinchillas

Champion Ebony Female: Poetrue's Pets
R. Champ Ebony Female: Ryerson Chinchilla
Champion Ebony Male: Glo-Jo Chinchillas
R. Champ Ebony Male: Royal Oaks Chinchilla

Bob Myers Breeder Awards
1st - Poetrue's Pets - 39 Points
2nd - Silkrhein Chinchilla - 38 Points
3rd - Pony Trail Chinchillas - 34 Points
4th - Lyn's Chins - 32 Points
5th - Tiffany’s Chinchillas - 31 Points

Baby Derby
1st - Mish Irish
2nd - Mt. Zion Chins
3rd - Mt. Zion Chins

My grumpy boss wouldn't let me off for this show. :impatient: Special shout out for those who made the show possible. :thumbsup:

:congrats1: to the winning animals and owners. Nice to read new faces came to the show!!

Alex, you would of loved it, not to take anything away from the other halls, work and efforts of all the other shows by any means. You may even want to call it beginners luck... which ever.

But it was awesome, the hall is amazing, great attendance, nice vendors. Fun and pleasant, amazing job for the spread,, sigh to bad it went so fast.

The Vendor Chinnieshop is a wonderful little family, ready for any questions and available to you. Was impressed with their wheel by the way. Very sturdy, heavy, well made and NO NOISE.
The Martin cage boys where also great pleasant guys that I definitely will get in touch with for breeders cages I want to my specs.

There is the table though... dang. That little Megan was very unpleasant at the end, flustered, grumpy and... I actually went away crying when I ask a little question at the end... but anyway. LOL Megan, If you where grumpy and flustered, I certainly would like to take lessons from you in control management because nothing showed, you voice did not change. You where good!!

Vyxxin, It was an outmost pleasure meeting you and your sister after 4 years of buying one of my first breeding females from you. Enjoyed both your company thru the show.

Congrats to all the winners of the raffles, BEAUTIFUL stuff on that table. Although I personally won Juanita's blanky. :), ocotillo toy, lifeline, emu body lotion and Mish won the reste hahah. Nah.. really alot of nice baskets, that I can't go for because of the fear no to be able to cross many of the products over.

To the whole team that worked on this show, just simply an Awesome Job!!!

I am sorrier and sorrier that I couldn't make it this year with every post that is made - lol!!!

I felt like I didn't have enough chins to show but I heard the chocolate dessert table was worth the trip!

It was a very special show, what with this being Dave's last year with us. We had a special edition showbook and the chocolate buffet for him, both of which won't be repeated next year, at least not to the same extent.

That said, if anyone has any suggestions for next year, our ears are open

Also, I should have mentioned this earlier, but someone left a brown coat in the show hall. If anybody is missing it or knows who it belongs to, I currently have it.

Not sure if I said this before, this was my first show and I want to thank every one (Mish, Lynn, Saphire, Jessica, and others that I can't remember names) that I met that made me feel welcome and every one was sooo willing to help. I can't wait for another show. I thought it ran well and it was alot of fun.

Yeah, it was truly one to remember. I had a blast and things went very smoothly. Like I said, can't wait for next years...maybe I'll have more to show LOL! This year I showed a 5month old just to get a string of 5...but it was worth it. Every second. I'm so glad I went, so glad I met all the people I'd wanted to. Still hoping to hear back on how the chinnies enjoyed the goodie bags ;)

Christiane I did the "table" in Florida with Lynn and it was crazy! She asked if I would sit with her and do the paperwork. I told her I had never done it before. She looked at me and said that she had only done it the previous year. ( I think she was telling me to SUCK IT UP! ) :rofl: Thank goodness it was a small show. One thing that was helpful was having a stamp to stamp the ribbons.

I'm glad it was a good show and everyone had a good time. I won't be missing it next year. It will be part of my condition of employment. ( wink )

Glad everything went well. Wonder who won my raffle items? Sounds like Mish swept the raffle table tee hee....

Yup thanks to that rocket pop, now my son wants one, he kept bugging me for it, so let me know where you got it at, ohh and and Mish he wants one of your posters that you made with all the different mutations...lol

Back