2010 MCBA Nationals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! I asked off for it, so we will be there! My sister and I for sure, my mom might even come haha!

Christy, I don't know if Lindsay has talked with you since I emailed her, but I should be bringing her chin to her, so I'll bring a carrier for it. Can you let me know what type of feed he's on right now? I will probably have him for about a week in between you and her, so I'll need feed for him.

And if anyone else wants things from me please let me know! I've got a couple people already ordering things. I took on a second job, so the sooner I know the easier it is on me, since I don't have as much free time to make up the orders. :))

I feed PANR - I was planning to send a gallon bag with him so you should be good. That would be great, so she doesnt have to mail me a carrier :) I believe she's interested in finding some toys and fleece items for him so I recommended you naturally ;)

Yay! I asked off for it, so we will be there! My sister and I for sure, my mom might even come haha!

Christy, I don't know if Lindsay has talked with you since I emailed her, but I should be bringing her chin to her, so I'll bring a carrier for it. Can you let me know what type of feed he's on right now? I will probably have him for about a week in between you and her, so I'll need feed for him.

And if anyone else wants things from me please let me know! I've got a couple people already ordering things. I took on a second job, so the sooner I know the easier it is on me, since I don't have as much free time to make up the orders. :))

Kristy Me??? Cause if so I have not heard from a Lindsey. With you in WI that seems unlikely anyway as I am not to far but figured I would check.

Nope not you Kristy, the other Christy (VolunteerChin) who just replied to me :))

Since I didn't know if we'd be there until this late, most of the hotels were booked up, so we're at the Comfort Suites. So not where most everyone else is.

But that's okay, I don't know that my sis and mom will want to talk chinchillas with everyone else ;)

Last edited:
You wont be the only one at the Comfort Suites, we stay there every year for Nationals and for the Shindig.

Oh okay! Well then at least I know it's a good hotel :))

We stayed at a different one last year, but I went with Comfort Suites because they were one of the last ones left. And we were able to get a room with two beds and a sleeper sofa. So all of us have a place to sleep by ourselves

For some reason I thought you said you were staying at Holiday Inn Express, Alli. Maybe I got you confused with someone else? hmm..I will have to look into Comfort Suites. My hotel doesn't have free breakfast rofl

Edit:...we got a room at Comfort Suites, so I guess we'll be staying there. :))

Last edited:
Yup, Comfort Suites has free breakfast and free WiFi. They are basically the exact same product as the hotel I work at, other than mine is a Marriott (Springhill Suites).

Please get your reservations in to Pam for lunch and dinner. Reservations are due March 11th.

I am in Mingo Ohio, and if anyone is from anywhere close I would love to catch a ride. I can even pay for gas or whatever. I will be picking up four boys while I am there though. If this sounds good to you, shoot me a Pm or email ([email protected]). If need be I can even split the cost of a hotel room if you are staying the night or anything. I am pretty easy to get along with. Despite what Prggy or Tab says.

Hi guys, I'm trying to buy a chin from Jags. He will be attending these nationals and I will not. However, I do live in the chicago area (Aurora, IL). Would anyone around this area be able to bring the chin home for me?

Hi guys, I'm trying to buy a chin from Jags. He will be attending these nationals and I will not. However, I do live in the chicago area (Aurora, IL). Would anyone around this area be able to bring the chin home for me?

Saturday evening we'll be staying in Gurnee at Key Lime Cove. I'd be willing to bring it back to IL if you wanted to meet up in Gurnee. I just don't want to do a ton of driving in Chicago as big cities tend to scare me with their traffic.

But if you wouldn't mind driving up to Gurnee I'd be more than willing to bring it there for you.

Ya, I don't mind driving up there. I don't actually live in chicago. Just in a suburb close to it. Google says Aurora is about an hour from Gurnee, so that should be fine. I was talking with Kristy from Cary IL about her possibly bringing him home for me but I haven't heard from her in a few days. And Cary IL is exactly the same distance away from me as Gurnee is. I just want to get plans made ahead of time so I don't need to worry about it later.

Saturday evening we'll be staying in Gurnee at Key Lime Cove. I'd be willing to bring it back to IL if you wanted to meet up in Gurnee. I just don't want to do a ton of driving in Chicago as big cities tend to scare me with their traffic.

But if you wouldn't mind driving up to Gurnee I'd be more than willing to bring it there for you.

Hmmm last I heard Kristy was going, did you try pming her?

But even if she's not going I still don't mind bringing the chin to Gurnee.

Ya I did. Like 2 times I think! I feel like I'm becoming a pest! haha. So I figured I'd see if there were other people that could possibly bring the chin home for me incase it didn't work out for her.

Ya, I don't mind driving up there. I don't actually live in chicago. Just in a suburb close to it. Google says Aurora is about an hour from Gurnee, so that should be fine. I was talking with Kristy from Cary IL about her possibly bringing him home for me but I haven't heard from her in a few days. And Cary IL is exactly the same distance away from me as Gurnee is. I just want to get plans made ahead of time so I don't need to worry about it later.

You Pm'd me yesterday. I am sorry that I didn't answer immediatly for you, I just got on to answer you that Yes I am going for sure.... Patience is a virtue I do have things going on here that take priority for me than answering PMs

You Pm'd me yesterday. I am sorry that I didn't answer immediatly for you, I just got on to answer you that Yes I am going for sure.... Patience is a virtue I do have things going on here that take priority for me than answering PMs

Yes, I realize that, as I have more important things as well. I also have my days mixed up and I thought it was tuesday, not monday! But I just wanted to have a back-up plan in case things didn't work out. It would be just my luck :unsure: But thanks again, and I'll keep in touch with meeting places and such. :thumbsup:

Has anyone heard from Shoots as far as if they're going to the show? I emailed them and never heard back. I email Ryersons and they are going, but their dust is more expensive.

So just thought I'd check and see if anyone else knew before I made a decision.

Back