2010 MCBA Nationals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the lookout for a ton of nice standard females now that I'm going to expand my runs from 3-hole to 6-hole. So that means everybody should bring some females for me to check out ;-)

Hubby and I hope we can find someone to room with to cut down on costs. We're cheep-os when it comes to hotels.

We now have the menu for Nationals:

Lunch will be a choice of three sandwiches (Ham, crispy chicken breast, or Italian sub) a side dish, chips and a fresh baked cookie. It will also include a pop or water.

Dinner will be a buffet of:

Costa's Famous Chicken
Old Fashioned Pulled Pork
Smoked Beef Brisket
Buttered Corn
California Blend Veggies
Caesar Salad
Garlic Mashed Red Skin Potatoes
Rolls and Butter
Chocolate Cake
Apple Cobbler
Pop or water

We've used this company three times now, and people have been very happy with the food.

Reservations for lunch and dinner are required and should be emailed to [email protected]. Pam will return your email, so that you know it was received. You may also call her at (419) 347-6790.

Questions about meals should be addressed to me.

Ah yes or soda from down under! Asked for a pop when I was in NC and the waitress just looked at me funny.

We just booked our hotel yesterday and it seems like La Quinta and Holiday Inn Express are full - so better get your butts moving! I guess something else is going on the same weekend (or this show is going to be HUGE...)

When I placed a room on hold about a month ago, I believe they asked me if I was attending the tractor show?

Ah yes or soda from down under! Asked for a pop when I was in NC and the waitress just looked at me funny.

I think "pop" is a midwesterner (lol) word. When I visited family in California and I asked for pop, they all kept repeating it as if I was from outer space or the 1950's.

I should be able to go, I'm going to ask off for it. I'm all out of dust so I need some.

Does anyone know who may be able to bring dust to the show?

I do believe last year that there was a tractor show going on the same weekend too.

As for the address, here's the post from last year with a map that shows where the building is
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32249&postcount=75

Check with Shoots or Ryerson, Alli. I believe both of them will bring you a bag of dust if you e-mail them and ask in advance.

Is anyone going willing to meet someone close to or traveling close to MN? I posted a RR about it but I thought I would post here too...I am trying to deliver a chin up that way...

Is anyone going willing to meet someone close to or traveling close to MN? I posted a RR about it but I thought I would post here too...I am trying to deliver a chin up that way...

I go to MN about twice a month. I'd be willing to bring a chin back to WI and then transport towards MN when I go. I'm not sure when after the show I'll be going to MN, but if I get a date then I can ask off.

ETA: I just checked your RR thread, looks like she's in Rochester? I only go to the Twin Cities, so she'd have to be willing to drive up to the Twin Cities for it.

Here's the map again. Parking at the 4H building is right about where the map says "14th St" just above the red dot.

auburn.jpg

Last edited:
I go to MN about twice a month. I'd be willing to bring a chin back to WI and then transport towards MN when I go. I'm not sure when after the show I'll be going to MN, but if I get a date then I can ask off.

ETA: I just checked your RR thread, looks like she's in Rochester? I only go to the Twin Cities, so she'd have to be willing to drive up to the Twin Cities for it.

I'll ask her. I know she said she travels to Minneapolis but I am not familiar with the geography of MN. That would be fantastic if that would work out!

Okay, well more specifically, I normally go into the White Bear Lake / Maplewood area. So I can meet a little outside of that, but I'd prefer not to have to drive a ton out of my way.

I am needing quite a bit of wood, preferably apple, if anyone has some prepared and wouldn't mine bringing it to Nationals with them.

I'm still looking for someone to share a room with. I had planned to share a room with someone but they changed their mind and now I'm quite limited on hotel choices and stuck with the higher rates. Anyone willing to share a room to help cut down on costs?

Back