2 rescues and need some advice!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grinch is probably a kacker because his feet hurt!!! Poor thing! I'm so glad they were lucky enough to find a caring person who will care for them & I hope Grinch feels better soon!!!

cage2.jpg

thats the cage they were in

Well...it's not the best chinchilla cage but it could of been much worse. I've seen chins in fish tanks! Everything must of been filthy for the males feet to get so bad. I can't believe they raised babies in that cage :shocked:

Is that a ferret cage? I've run across a few in the last few years with rescues and I never could figure out what animal would do well in a cage like that. It looks like it could get a chinnie foot caught in the plastic floor so I never use them.

The floor has pretty large openings in the very bottom floor grate. That could be removed, I suppose, but it would probably open up the bottom to even more chewing on plastic.

I'd never use one because it just scares me because I don't want them to end up with a sore foot or a broken leg. And, the whole plastic thing, too.

Honestly, aside from the plastic and stability, the cage doesn't look horrible. It looks pretty clean and the shelves aren't chewed. I wouldn't call THAT cage responsible and it looks prety new. Is it possible the cage was recently replace?

I agree, that cage is not bad, would work well for chins with some mods, but it also does not look like the cage that caused the feet issues, looks too clean and new.

That cage doesn't look too bad... with modifications, it would be a suitable chin cage.

At least it didn't look like this:
DSC06657.jpg

I've had a few rescues surrendered to me in nasty-looking cages like this... disgusting.

yes! i completely forgot until now but they did tell me that they came in a home made cage made out of wood that was horribly saturated in urine....so they bought them that cage...i cant believe i forgot that!!!

i would imagine it was would and wire.... no the cage is nice just needs wood instead of plastic! lol

also no the vet apt is friday

forgot sorry

her diagnosis was
"slightly thin, bumble foot on both hind feet"

she prescribed me
metacam 1.5mg/ml-0.4cc once a day
bactrim 0.45cc once a day

and also told me to do epsom salt soaks on him twice a day for a week and for me to bring him back to see if he was better.

which i hope they do :)

Latest posts

Back