2 rescues and need some advice!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The discharge is not her plug. the plug is waxy and solid. Liquidy white discharge is generally a sign of infection

sorry that i never replied back i didnt realize anyone posted again because i didnt see it on the new post list...

i havent seen the discharge on her since that one day...i have checked her every day since then, she is still gaining weight and doing good and her chewing/hair loss seems to be clearing up which im very happy about.

i meant that the baby is moving around alot. withing the first 30 seconds to a minute i can feel multiple movements in her belly, so the baby IS alive.

Any recent updates? Please let us know how they are doing & when the baby is born. The story of these 2 rescues captivated me & I hope they both have a bright future. So happy they found a good home w/ someone who cares & will help them!!

nope, no updates....

besides that hollys hair seems to be growing back where she was chewing or if it was nutrition problems... im very happy about that..

grinch seems to be moving around a little more but his feet still look so ugly :(

ill post pics as soon as she has her litter... i cant wait..

Do you have any update on Grinch's feet? How are they looking now?

i just stopped his foot soaks about 2 days ago..i was going them every day 2 times a day and he was on the antibiotics

here is a pic of holly..her hair seems to be growing back

holly.jpg

Last edited:
If his feet still look just as bad I would definitely be continuing the foot soaks. This isn't something that is going to go away on its own.

Can we see his feet please? I would be interested in seeing how they are doing.

grinchfeet.jpg

to you they might look better but they dont to me..i have noticed before they seemed to maybe have been inflamed or swollen, they dont seem to be like that to me anymore but they are still all scabby looking.

The colour of his feet is certainly better & they look less swollen too - I would suspect they are not as hot as they were before treatment?

The left foot is not as bad as the right but those scabs still need to come off so that the underlying issue can be treated. Is he having anything on them now?

The colour of his feet is certainly better & they look less swollen too - I would suspect they are not as hot as they were before treatment?

The left foot is not as bad as the right but those scabs still need to come off so that the underlying issue can be treated. Is he having anything on them now?

i dont understand what you mean by "is he having anything on them now?"

also the vet really does not want to put him down to do the surgery on him because of his age

Is he having any treatment on them now? Is he having any cream applied or anything?

no he was strictly getting foot soaks twice a day that was it... and of course the antibiotics at first... is there a cream i can order for his feet??

Dante is 17 and he is put under for twice a year filings and has no problems, age should not be a factor if the chin is otherwise healthy. Guido is 10 and the same applies.

Don't get snippy because nobody has answered you yet. Dawn was addressing what your vet said about the chinchilla's age and anesthesia. I'd think you'd want to hear that putting geriatric chins under and bringing them around successfully can be and is done.

i wasnt getting snippy , im on here asking for help and YOU are getting snippy..personally i cant stand when yall start to act like this..ive been taking all the RITE precautions with grinch's feet but thats not good enough..i was SIMPLY saying what my vet said...and asking if there was a cream i needed to order for his feet...

now IM not here to argue, im here for my chinchillas... i took the rite steps by bringing my man to the vet and keeping everyone updated on his progress so can we please stop before uncalled for arguements start...please....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back