2 rescues and need some advice!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
\ There is little or no point in doing surgery on the old boy's feet IMHO. In theory debriding his feet (removing the scabs, dead tissue etc) would be fast & would show what is happening at a deeper level but, quite frankly, I would not go down that route. Gentle debridement with dressings is a much kinder option than putting an oldy under anaesthetic.\QUOTE]

why is everyone all of a sudden saying it HAS to be removed but before it was best to make him feel better, try to remove the infection and just make him comfortable? im seriously confused because now its being taken back...

I don't see anyone saying he has to go under anaesthetic to have his feet treated - you brought up the fact that the vet does not want to put him under anaesthetic................

As for creams - I suggested using a little manuka honey earlier on in the thread. You can very gently apply it to his feet & rub it in (gently) so that it gets into the gap between the scab & the tissue underneath.

Latest posts

Back