You Know You Own/Are owned by Chinchillas When...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3CsMommy

My babies Rock!
Western NY aka: Our Zoo. (We only lack a bird.)
Since I got such a kick out of this thread on the other site, I decided to start it here.

You know you own chinchillas when-

you're excited to get a box full of twigs in the mail.

no matter what you wash, there are always bedding chips, hay, or poos in the lint trap.

someone asks "who did that to your hair" and all you can do is laugh.

Just seeing poo flung all over your livingroom really doesn't faze you a single bit!

You also know you're owned by chinchillas when after cage cleaning and dust baths you sneeze your head off for 3 solid hours, but still want to get kisses from the cage bars!

When you walk away from visiting with your chin and you have bedding and poop from head to toe! - And that's ok!!

when you find a chin poo in your shoe at work...it doesn't faze you, but you hope no one saw just the same. (This happened to me lol)

When the first thing you do in the morning is go in the chin room, to see if your "overdue" female had her kits or not!
Or find "something hard" in the top pocket of your shirt, and it's not a "tic-tac!"

When you are nervous seeing your new customer for the first time, politely refuse offered cup of coffee, sit down palms sweating - and pull a handful of poop from your briefcase along with your calendar. :confused2:

When your parents (and husband for that matter) make fun of you for raiding the fleece department at Wal-Mart because you saw something that was so cute you just HAD to make it for your chins...

When your chin is the first 'person' you say good morning to.
When you stalk the mail for a package that's not even for you!
When, at school (or work) you are picking chinchilla hair off of your sweater during priming!
When you don't even bother to correct people in the waiting room of your veternarian when they call your chin a rabbit.
When you stalk stores for kiln dried pine.
When you read children's books to your chinchilla.
When you give scritches to your chin, and seeing them almost fall over in enjoyment makes you day!

You think touching poo is no big deal
Your not phased by the mess they made with the hay anymore
When they stick there nose thru the bar and melt your heart all so they can escape

when you find a chin poo in your shoe at work...it doesn't faze you, but you hope no one saw just the same. (This happened to me lol)

This happens to me ALL THE TIME ROFL

When you look forward to dumping the pee pans in your morning routine
When you scream who wants TREAEEEETS and do a little dance, because you like the reactions

When doing hair ring checks in front of your new friends doesn't bother you at all.

When you have had a bad day, you don't go to your daddy or husband or girlfriend etc. for comfort, but just watch your chins play for a bit and feel all better:heart3:

When you stalk the classified section waiting for someone to post a new toy or something really cute for your chins.

When your 3 year old gets a toy sweeper for Christmas and yells "YEA now I can clean up chinchilla poop"!!

And when your child comes home from school and says MOM there was poo in my science book again....LOL

Last edited:
I love how picking up chinchilla poo doesn't phase me. All of my friends are like "OMG EW THERE IS POO ON YOUR FLOOR!" I just pick it up and fling it at them. They get so freaked out and run away.
I'm just like, eh, another day, more poop.
If we could sell chin poop I think we'd all be rich!

When you open your check book and flings poo!! or When your husband says you love chins more than me. or get all excited at the store when you a littlest pet toy that is chin.

Back