WI MCBA Regional Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering besides Brittany, Brenda and Ryerson is there anyone that's selling supplies going to the WI Chin Show?....
....Can someone tell me normally what goes on at a Chin show? Any admission fees? What time does admission starts? Do I have to order tickets ahead of time? Any information is helpful. Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

I would LOVE to know the answers to the same questions!

There is a $5 fee to the WI show if you are not showing and just watching. It helps the group pay for the hall and other expenses. Show books are $5 as well if you are not showing.
I will be at the hall at 6am to open up and let the groomers get going. Grooming will go on to 9am, and then classification starts (sorting of the colors into categories). Once classification is done, the show will start, hopefully around 10 am. If you want to see chins being groomed, talk with the owners, etc, show up before 9am. Just remember - some of us have lots of chins to groom, and while chin people are normally quite friendly and willing to share info, some of us might be stressed out and kind of busy. lol

You can also register Friday night from 5 until about 9pm while we are setting up the hall. Feel free to stop in and help. :D We do not do any registration ahead of time, some groups do.

Once classification starts, only animal handlers are allowed behind the show table with the chins. They are all in the same type of cage that the chapter provides and the judge does not touch them to judge them. He bases his placings on clarity of color, strength and density of the fur, size and confirmation of the animal. He will comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the animal and give it the placing he feels it deserves that day and tell us why. This show is a state-level show, not a field day, so while we allow some questions during the show, depending on time constraints, etc., there is not a-lot of audience participation.
At the end of the show, the winners and awards will be announced.

Hope this helps! :)

Oh - forgot to add...
We will have a silent auction at this show. Chins for sale may be in the show, and we will have an area for those that are not being shown, but that are for sale, as well.

We also have a raffle and one of our members is donating a male and a female to be raffled off. I do not have details on what they are yet. She said she would let me know this weekend.
I believe there is also a quilt in the raffle and our members and guests usually bring a nice array of items -some chin related, some not. Raffle tickets will be $1 each, and 6 for $5.

Everyone is also welcome to join us for lunch. Our members put on a great spread and we grill out hamburgers and brats. Lunch is $5 per person.

Well Brenda you had to mention the silent auction on chins huh. Yep now I'm more tempted to bring my travel cage:impatient:
I've always wanted a ebony ;) Oh boy 5 chins if I get one :wacko: hehehe.

Well, the airfares for Madison have just continued to rise, so I have taken a leap of faith and booked a flight to Milwaukee, the closest I could get. It's more than the original "high" price to Madison that I didn't want to pay, but the thought of missing out on such a great show, seeing great Chinnie people and that great Troll Festival overcame me and I just booked it!!!

I am still hoping that someone can pick me up and return me to the Milwaukee airport. I'm flying in on Friday, September 30 at 9:47 a.m., so if you're close, we can leave early and if you are coming later, I'm happy waiting for you at the airport.

I leave on Sunday, October 2 at 7:05 p.m., so I will have to be back to the airport by about 5:00 p.m. This gives us plenty of time to enjoy the Troll Festival in Mt. Horeb before heading back around 3:00.

In addition to the free entertainment and helping pay for gas, I can also dangle the offer of sharing a room at The Gnome Motel -- I have a room with 2 double beds. If that will entice you, please let me know!!! Otherwise, it's on to Plan D -- rent a car. I have already spent more on this little adventure than I have spent on previous Nationals!!! And I'm not even showing, just attending!! I'm crazy and want to see all of my Chinnie Friends from last year's WI show and meet some new ones this year!!! Fingers crossed... :crossfingers:

I really want to go! I just have to talk my mom into taking me lol. It would be my first show!

Lynn have you heard from Carol at all? I have called and messaged her to no avail :( I wish things were different for me this year but I cannot break my commitments Friday and Sunday therefore I only have Saturday to make it up to the show and then back home. I am looking forward to seeing you though!

Lynn- we would offer but we are not leaving until Friday around 4pm after I get off work. We'll be staying at the Super 8.

Looks like I'll be doing some wood items along with single rosettes for the raffle. Looking for ideas for what kind of wood items I should do this year.

Cat, if you are willing to go to the Milwaukee airport, I don't mind waiting for you all day...

Laurie, no, I haven't been able to contact Carol. I have left voice mail at the only # I have for her, and she hasn't logged on here since July 15, so I hope she's OK.

Last edited:
Glad you are going to make it out again Lynn. But sorry I can't help out. We are coming up early Saturday morning for the show and leaving early Sunday morning as Stacie and Brittany have to drive back to Indiana and Ohio.

Looks like I'll be doing some wood items along with single rosettes for the raffle. Looking for ideas for what kind of wood items I should do this year.

Just saw this, looks like I'll be saving up lots of $$ for the raffle this year. I suggest 2 hidey houses with my name on them :thumbsup:

Wood items to sell or raffle Cat? Your house on a ledges are fantastic!!!!
Both, I'm looking to do wood for the raffle and if someone wants something I can bring it along.

Just saw this, looks like I'll be saving up lots of $$ for the raffle this year. I suggest 2 hidey houses with my name on them :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be doing some kind of a house not sure if it will be a normal house or a 2 story house.

if someone wants something I can bring it along.

I don't trust my luck at a raffle, can I bother you for 2 of your normal houses? Each with a door and 'sun roof.' If you're ok with that I can send you a paypal or bring cash to the show. Just let me know. :)

I don't trust my luck at a raffle, can I bother you for 2 of your normal houses? Each with a door and 'sun roof.' If you're ok with that I can send you a paypal or bring cash to the show. Just let me know. :)
Sure, I'll bring them with me.

Back