WI MCBA Regional Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenda

MCBA & ECBC Member
Mark your calendars now!

7th Annual WI MCBA Regional Show
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Barneveld Legion Hall
101 Wood Street
Barneveld, WI

Judged by Rich Ryerson of Ohio

Set up starts at 5pm Friday night
Registration until 9pm, unless you let us know you'll be later

Grooming starts at 6am Sat. morning.

We always have a great lunch put on by our members and some really cool raffle prizes, so save your pennies!! :)

Hope to see you there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo hooo! This is my favorite fall show, and the best the Midwest has to offer! If you can only make it to one show this fall, this would be a fantastic choice. Last year I believe an airport shuttle was even organized?!

Oh, man, is it my turn to make the quilt?? :hair: Are Cat & Bill making another stunning rosette bouquet? I have to save up some cash for those raffle tickets if they are!! :dance3:

WOO HOO!!! I am already stalking airfares!!! Yes, I was able to attend last year due to the generousity of Laurie and Carole picking me up and dropping me off at the Madison airport!!!

This IS a fun show, and the people are GREAT!!! The Troll Festival is another fun thing that takes place on this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that again!!! :thumbsup:

Oh, and regarding that rose arrangement -- there better be a couple of those -- I intend to win one OR flat out buy one, I want it SOOO bad!!! :)

Last edited:
I think I'll be there! As a new chin owner, it'll be wonderful to attend my first show. I don't think I'll be showing them though since they'll only be 7 months old by then. But it'll be great to know what to expect for next year.

I didn't show at my first WI show either, I just tried to learn as much as I could so I could be prepared for the next year. Super educational, though, and seven months is certainly old enough to show them if you decide you want to give it a whirl& get some feedback. There will be plenty of people around to help you out if you need something.

5 months to go! I groomed everyone last night, LOL! The chins looked at me like, "seriously? Already?!". :dance3:

I didn't show at my first WI show either, I just tried to learn as much as I could so I could be prepared for the next year. Super educational, though, and seven months is certainly old enough to show them if you decide you want to give it a whirl& get some feedback. There will be plenty of people around to help you out if you need something.

5 months to go! I groomed everyone last night, LOL! The chins looked at me like, "seriously? Already?!". :dance3:

Hmm...that's really good to know! I'll consider showing them. But I might wait until next year anyway so I know what to expect. I just hope I can find someone to go with me because I really would love to attend.

Oh, and regarding that rose arrangement -- there better be a couple of those -- I intend to win one OR flat out buy one, I want it SOOO bad!!! :)

Are Cat & Bill making another stunning rosette bouquet? I have to save up some cash for those raffle tickets if they are!! :dance3:
I glad to see people like the rosette bouquet last year. As of yet I'm not sure what I'll be donating :hmm:. I look foward to the WI show every year. I'm holding back 9 let see how many make it to the show.

Last edited:
Calendar tentatively marked. Sandi- let me know if you want to carpool. If I go, I'll drive to my mom's the night before.

Brenda...you posted it was October 1 2010 LOL..If so we all missed the show ;) I have a bunch of babies I helpd back this year we will see. I am excited.

I had an absolutely fabulous time at the show, dinnner and Mt. Horeb Troll Festival last year and am so looking forward to being able to come again this year.

So, I've been keeping an eye on airfares to Madison and they seem to be staying in the $345 range.

I decided to try another city and found a $250 to Milwaukee, WI.

I have already had one offer to be picked up in Madison, but if fares don't come down and I can get a good price to Milwaukee, I would like to find someone near Milwaukee coming to the show that would be willing to pick me up on Friday and return me to Milwaukee on Sunday.

I'm more than happy to help pay for gas and provide free entertainment on the way!!! ;)

Just wanted to get the search started early to explore all my options...

Please let me know...

Brenda...you posted it was October 1 2010 LOL..If so we all missed the show ;) I have a bunch of babies I helpd back this year we will see. I am excited.

Yeah - Gene pointed that out yesterday as well, but I can't change that post. Maybe one of the moderators can??

Lynn - I hope someone is able to pick you up in Milwaukee! Not sure I would be able to, but maybe someone over that way is coming and can bring you with. :D

I had an absolutely fabulous time at the show, dinnner and Mt. Horeb Troll Festival last year and am so looking forward to being able to come again this year.

So, I've been keeping an eye on airfares to Madison and they seem to be staying in the $345 range.

I decided to try another city and found a $250 to Milwaukee, WI.

I have already had one offer to be picked up in Madison, but if fares don't come down and I can get a good price to Milwaukee, I would like to find someone near Milwaukee coming to the show that would be willing to pick me up on Friday and return me to Milwaukee on Sunday.

I'm more than happy to help pay for gas and provide free entertainment on the way!!! ;)

Just wanted to get the search started early to explore all my options...

Please let me know...

I'd be willing to pick you up in Milwaukee, too. :thumbsup:

Better yet, can you see if you could fly in to Rockford, Illinois? That wouldn't be out of my way at all. And I do believe it might be relatively inexpensive.

Back