Why do we keep getting denied?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you :) We should hear by Wednesday when she is going to arrive!

Thanks :) We are naming her Kaywinnit aka Kaylee...if you know where we are getting the name from, bonus points for you! ;)

Firefly? Sometimes it just takes some time to find the right one, when the right one comes, you know it! Congrats, so happy for you!

Thanks :). And yep, Kaylee is our favorite Firefly character. All our pets have nerdy names...Arwen, Esper (from Final Fantasy), Scully, Nova and soon Kaylee ;).

Congratulations to you both! So glad you got approved! Kaylee is a very lucky girl!

It's official: she's coming home on the 9th! Just 5 days away...wow! I believe everything will be ready in time...I'll probably schedule her vet appt. now. Can't wait to meet her :)

Kaylee is home! It was a huge adoption event...63 dogs in total including some that were flown via private jet to New England! We all met at the airport and it was quite a madhouse. We were lucky to be the 5th adopters called up...I'm sure it got way crazier as time went on. Kaylee was SO calm compared to the other dogs...she was also the dirtiest of them all. I was a little peeved that the rescue had not cared for her beautiful coat at all. I spent three hours removing about 100 mats and bathing her. I think I may still have to do a dry bath because she's not fully clean...though WAY better! She was a champ through it all! When I was taking care of the mats she was lying on her back with her legs up in the air, looking like she was smiling...LOL! It probably felt so good to her to get de-matted. She was so cooperative! I took her for a long walk in the sun to dry out and she walked really well on her lead. She did have one accident inside, but I knew I'd be doing some housetraining. I do have photos but I'm on my phone so I'll post them later from my computer. She is so sweet and loving...she's already my little shadow. My husband has enjoyed her as well though he is sleeping since he just got off of a 12-hr shift when we went to get her. Also...have not heard her bark once! I can't wait till her coat grows out...she's a gorgeous girl. Thanks to everyone for all of their encouragement...it worked out so well in the end!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy Kaylee made it home to you!!! I'm sure she'll fit in quite quickly, and will be thoroughly spoiled!!!

Just a quick photo...she's so much whiter now that she's clean!

kaylee.jpg

wow! what an adorable dog. It's amazing what ends up in kill shelters. A lot of people still think it is only the old and broken behaviorly that are put to sleep. It's so sad that they are completely wrong. Thanks for saving a life!!!

She is just a beautiful dog. Congratulations to all 3 of you!

Latest posts

Back