Where do you have Playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you have Playtime?

• In the chin room/where the cages are

Votes: 96 45.1%
  • In the bathroom

Votes: 60 28.2%
  • In a playroom/hallway/separate room

Votes: 51 23.9%
  • I don't have playtime

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
G

gella

Just curious where everyone has playtime. I'm relegated to our one room that we rent in our house, but for those with extra space, do you use it for a special playspace?

We have playtime in the bathroom. I used to use our baby play yard, but it was not tall enough to keep them in. I find that the bathroom is the best place for playtime, it is the only room without cords. The only thing I have to watch out for is them chewing on my vanity--I do have a small chunk missing that I haven't let my husband see yet, (Thanks to Lilly).

We have playtime in the living room next to the chin room. We have baby

My chins have their own room. It became a necessity when I realized that they could get over, under, or through any kind of barrier I could build!

I'm fortunate that I now have a little room that is just for my four boys. It has a love seat, TV, DVD and a radio. I just shut the door, sit and relax for a couple of hours while the boys bounce around. I'm so glad I don't have to block all kinds of things off like I used to have to do.

Mine is a little bit of both(but I did choose the "chin room" on the pol.l). The kits get to play in the bathroom. The adults get to play in the main chin room.

Bathroom for me... it's easiest. I tried one of those playpens but Max hopped right over it and had a run around in my room. It was sooo hard to catch him that lil brat. :)

We have two living rooms now, and one is connected to the chin room. We use baby gates to close off the exits, and stuff a blanket under the couch so they can't get poo under it, and up in the hide-a-bed.

We use the bathroom for the quarantine chins to play in.

I am lucky how my chin room and hallway are set up, they have all the toys in their room but then have about a 15 ft long hallway that they can run up and down too, so I let them come in and out of their room as they please, I just block off the other end of the hall so they dont have access to the kitchen and living room.

Bathroom, for our pets its easier to safegaurd and clean.

Fuzzy plays in my livingroom made chinsafe. Gabby and Slippers play in the hallway area, that way no one can reach eachother during play time.

ETA: They all play one after another, never at the same time.

I voted for in the chin room because that is the place most of my chins play but I also use my large master bathroom, the hallway AND my office.

I used to have a chin room, and that's where we had playtime, but now that I moved, it's in the bathroom.

Ralph has playtime in the room where his cage is. He has a large playpen that I made out of cardboard (I was inspired by Deena) that he romps around in.

My first chinnie Gregory had run of the entire room, but when I got Ralph, my parents said no more of that. I thought chew marks on baseboards were the new "in" thing in interior design?

The chin room. I have multiple play times going at once, it's the only place big enough.

My chin room but I have to put cardboard around the others cages when it's playtime for one group. That way no noses are harmed during playtime.

When I am doing Quarantine I use the bathroom. Much easier than blocking off areas of my bedroom.

We have 5 playpens for playtime, so they are set up all around the house, and we let them play on a timer so we stay fair. Lol. The chins will know if they get less playtime and punish us with extra flinged poo in the morning!

I either use their chin room or part of the kitchen at nighttime when its not in use.

Latest posts

Back