Where do you have Playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you have Playtime?

• In the chin room/where the cages are

Votes: 96 45.1%
  • In the bathroom

Votes: 60 28.2%
  • In a playroom/hallway/separate room

Votes: 51 23.9%
  • I don't have playtime

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
when they get to have playtime it is usually in the bathroom. But when I get married and they are in a chinchilla room and not my bedroom it will be in the chinchilla room they get playtime

Mine is a little bit of both(but I did choose the "chin room" on the pol.l). The kits get to play in the bathroom. The adults get to play in the main chin room.

Me too! our baby plays in the bathroom and than our big girl plays in the living room. i chose bathroom in the poll because our Freddy needs a ton more running around time than Daphne. Freddy would bounce around all day if we let him.

They have their very own play area where their cages are. This cuts down on the stress of getting them out and putting them back. They just go of their own free will (once the cage is open).

The bathroom is the only room in the house that I can "fully" chinnie proof. Plus it is huge and I can close it off, so they can't escape. I put toys on there for them and the dustbath. They love it!

I wish I had a separate room I could devote completely to our chinnies! We have a long hallway with stairs at one end that they like to run around in/on. I also chin-proofed what would be the nook/eating area since we have our dining table set up elsewhere. But, boy do they love the stairs and get good exercise on them!

Play time is in my bedroom, I have it totally chin proofed after lots of learning. It's the only place large enough where I can keep the cats out while my chin runs around. I wouldn't consider playing in the bathroom since the apartment one is pretty tiny.

Mozzy has his own bedroom. I just open the cage, he hops out and has his fun while I lay there and watch him with my camera.

We have fences that I glued together so they would stay connected then I either put chairs on the four sides for support. Never has fallen yet! The two of the male loves it I put toys in so the male can have fun by the itself while playing with me when it wants to. I have the other one, the female because she is tamer at the moment on the couch so my mom can play with her. My mom tickles her neck it so cute she close her eyes. Then she runs all the around the couch untill she get tired.

Our chins have their own room- there is nothing in it but their cages. So at playtime, we use a playpen to block off the radiators and let them run free! We leave the cages open so they can go in as they please... funny thing always happens though... they end up spending more time in the other chins cage then they do running around. We did have 3 in 1 cage but they started fighting. So now 1 is alone... but they are civil at playtime-

I put up the playpen with a cover in the living room. If I am in the room at all times, I leave the cover off.

Scampy gets playtime in his room (the computer room)
Safira gets playtime right now in the bathroom.

I have it in the kitchen. It is a fitted kitchen so there are no exposed wires or anything. I just have to wrap cardboard around all the corners of the units and walls or else she will eat them!!

i sit in the bathtub and let my little chili jump on me! (he loves it) he plays with my hair and loves to steal my glasses (lol)

When I had just a few chinnies we had playtime in my room.... it wasnt very big and I just kept an eye on everyone!

I'm kind of in the same boat as chincinnati. I have 4 rooms all to myself in my basement, so he sits on my shoulder and rides from my bedroom to my living room that has a couch, end table, TV, and an ottoman that he likes to jump on and watch TV lol.

We have an eat in kitchen that we were using to collect junk. When we got the boys, Jeff built a corral for them. It's 9' x 9' x 4' high and folds up accordian style so we can make it pretty much any shape or smaller when we want it somewhat out of the way. The 2 end panels lock together to keep the chins in. We've only had the boys for a week and a half and this is the first day their cage has been opened all day...also the 1st day we've been home all day to keep an eye on them. They're in sight of my office and it's pretty fun/distracting to watch them play all evening long. We close their cage at night and in the morning go back inside the gate to do clean-up while they play again. I hope that we will be able to continue leaving their cage open during the time we're here and awake. It's made of kiln dried pine and chicken wire and so far they've shown no interest in chewing on it or climbing it...but I don't trust them! I hear chins can be sneaky little devils :)

PlayRoom.jpg

When we get the new boys this weekend, we'll do their playtime in the old office until QT is up, then we'll just play it by ear.

I have them a playpen in their room. Matt and I are fixing to build a house, and I have them a playtime closet in the plans.
playpen.jpg

Dont they escape from that? I tried to do that with the closet cube things, and Burrito just hoped up over the cardboard and climbed up the rest.

Latest posts

Back