Where do you have Playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you have Playtime?

• In the chin room/where the cages are

Votes: 96 45.1%
  • In the bathroom

Votes: 60 28.2%
  • In a playroom/hallway/separate room

Votes: 51 23.9%
  • I don't have playtime

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
I have converted a room in my house to a playroom for Trixie. It is actually an unused bedroom. I store household stuff in the closet, have my cedar chest in there and a table & chair for me. I also keep the storage bins for Trixie's bedding and hay in the room, and some things for her to jump around on. She takes her dust baths in her playroom too.
Of course her two favorite places to sit are the window sill and the back of my chair.

mine have the living room. on;y because our bathroom is getting re done. so my living room is one big room . and thier right there. i watch them closly so they don't chew on any thing. but they know when it's itme to go back in and they see the dust bath sitting there. they hop right in

I'm am sooo jeolous:(

I'm fortunate that I now have a little room that is just for my four boys. It has a love seat, TV, DVD and a radio. I just shut the door, sit and relax for a couple of hours while the boys bounce around. I'm so glad I don't have to block all kinds of things off like I used to have to do.

Not having to block a million things off?! His own room?! That I don't share with him?! I mean, it's a pretty nice sized bedroom, but ****! The jeolousy I am feeling right now...I'm surprised I'm not crying! To all of you with chin rooms that is all theirs...can we live with you, lol!?! -And note, its not just me and Sunny-there's a 3 1/2 year old female human who'd be coming along too, so before you jump to say yes, we require 2 rooms and Sunny can live with the other chins-but they're both really cute, just look at my profile-oh, I also plan on adopting a buddy for him soon and I'm sure he'll be a cutie as well, so...and they have their own cage (well, its all Sunny's right now:thumbsup:

Right now, while we're living with my parents, Sunny's my roomate. I have a divider that I covered with fleece (looks pretty good, lol-rasberry colored) so he can't see me when I want to sleep-I know he'd be freaking out all night for more playtime. And I have a little fence contraption blocking off his 1/2 of the room until I chin-proof the rest of it-then he'll have the whole thing and I'll be vacuuming up poop every night before bed:p He gets between 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours every night depending on the night and my daughter. His cage is part of his playtime-when he's doing his laps, he adds it in, going all the way up, then all the way down, out and around, a few times before relaxing. And since he got his new wheel, he's occassionally jumping on that for a couple minutes at a time-he LOVES his Chin Spin!!!!

Well than you are going to hate me, mine have 3 rooms-their bedroom, the spare bedroom and the family room! Neener neener!

Mine also have their own room where the only outlet is up really high on the wall and I don't have to block anything. Its 100% safe. I do let them play in the living room too but only 1-2 at a time bc I just let them run on the furniture and myself while I've got the tv on! I have a playpen also that can go in any room.

My boy Zeb has run of the whole house when I'm following him around (he has never tried to chew on a cord, just every single piece of paper he can find) but now that I have the baby and I'm not sure if he'll stay under furniture or chew on bad things, the kitchen has become the play room. Zeb's really good about being out and always kind of checks in with me. Someday I will have a chin room but I'm betting that day won't be for another 10 years.

Right now, it is in my apartment's hallway. But I hope to move to another apartment in May or June and have a separate bedroom for the chins where they can play in the whole room.

i put up 5 ft tall plastic barrier to block off a hallway (that he is slowly but surely eating through) but will be glad when when dashy can have his own chin room...hopefully coming in april!

Playtime is in my chinchilla proofed room. However they outsmart me every now and then and find something that I didn't manage to hide or move. Tricky little critters ;)

Latest posts

Back